Page 1448 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 ... LastLast
Results 36,176 to 36,200 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - I've found it to be *way* easier to just filter that shit and not deal with unsubscribing...

Bastards.
    that's usually what I do. But I also like to quickly check my spam folder periodically for emails that aren't spam, and when it fills up too quickly that becomes impossible. So when checking my spam folder this morning, I decided to unsubscribe and got that BS from one site. Also got that from GameStop the other day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bought some ski boots w/ Tech fittings, grip walk soles. No walk mode... WTF? Kryptons, should have read the description.
    Yeah Dalbello really fucked the Kryptons up. Bring back the old mutherfucking Krypton, Dalbello.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bought some ski boots w/ Tech fittings, grip walk soles. No walk mode... WTF? Kryptons, should have read the description.
    Should have gone with Roxas.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's usually what I do. But I also like to quickly check my spam folder periodically for emails that aren't spam, and when it fills up too quickly that becomes impossible. So when checking my spam folder this morning, I decided to unsubscribe and got that BS from one site. Also got that from GameStop the other day.
    there is an unsubscribe button within gmail that seems to work much better than the actual link provided by marketing departments. Top left, next to the address the mail came from

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    there is an unsubscribe button within gmail that seems to work much better than the actual link provided by marketing departments. Top left, next to the address the mail came from
    Thanks - that's even handier!

The neighbors behind us yell at their dog and their young kids a lot for doing normal dog / kid things. Like...they'll put the dog out in the yard by itself and after awhile it'll get bored / lonely and start barking. Then they yell at her to stop barking. Pretty much the same with the kids. If that's how you feel about your dog / kids, why have them in the first place?

Doesn't help that we're at home all the time now thanks to WFH, so we have a front row seat for all the yelling.

Shit that annoys you

Companies that spam the fuck out of you, but then when you unsubscribe say "please allow 3 days/2 weeks/etc for this request to take effect". Like, wtf? It's just a goddam automated switch to flip, it is not like a TPS report must make its way through the bureaucracy and get approved by 5 middle management suckups.
    I know you’re not looking for an excuse or rationalization, but that’s typically because the spam campaigns are run on separate systems (usually separate vendors) than their customer database. They feed this shit into a separate pipeline in advance with media and contact lists and it’d be extra work to unwrap them and update the lists, and the law doesn’t make them do that so they don’t do that.

What’s the word on actually engaging with unsubscribe vs. just blocking the sender? I go back and forth…. Some say hitting unsubscribe is worse and indicates that there’s a live lead on the other end of the email address.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    What’s the word on actually engaging with unsubscribe vs. just blocking the sender? I go back and forth…. Some say hitting unsubscribe is worse and indicates that there’s a live lead on the other end of the email address.
    Depends - if you ID as spam and block, the sender's reputation will suffer and big mail operators like Gmail, Outlook.com etc. will start being stricter in how they spam check mail from that sender. So if it's a reputable company (is there any such thing?), blocking rather than unsubscribing hurts them; all you need to do is unsubscribe. For spammers, definitely ID as spam and block.

Also, there are retailers from which I would like to receive e-mails from, for instance if I order from them, from which I do not want their constant marketing bs. I unsub from them. Black friday is the ultimate test of this. It offers me an opportunity to unsub from the few random ones that I haven't already.

I get very little spam, perhaps 2-3 a week, and nearly zero marketing crap per month on a gmail account that I've had for 20+ years.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I only unsubscribe from the ones that I know I signed up for (for ex, I bought shit from them, I never asked to be spammed but they start doing it anyway). Spam emails from an entirely unknown source, I do not unsubscribe from, I just mark as spam.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    The neighbors behind us yell at their dog and their young kids a lot for doing normal dog / kid things. Like...they'll put the dog out in the yard by itself and after awhile it'll get bored / lonely and start barking. Then they yell at her to stop barking. Pretty much the same with the kids. If that's how you feel about your dog / kids, why have them in the first place?

Doesn't help that we're at home all the time now thanks to WFH, so we have a front row seat for all the yelling.
    Parents that lock their kids in the back yard: POS
    Applies to dogs, too, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

Funny. We put up the fence in our backyard to keep our young kids from wandering into harm's way. The neighbors had a business and a busy driveway. And then when we got a dog it was useful for him too. I loved being able to let the kids play on their own with a lower level of supervision. Kids need that. Being able to let the dog out to piss, shit, hang out, bark at the neighbors is priceless. No I don't fucking lock the kids or dog out. Sometimes I forget the dog is out. Or I can't always hear him barking to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Funny. We put up the fence in our backyard to keep our young kids from wandering into harm's way. The neighbors had a business and a busy driveway. And then when we got a dog it was useful for him too. I loved being able to let the kids play on their own with a lower level of supervision. Kids need that. Being able to let the dog out to piss, shit, hang out, bark at the neighbors is priceless. No I don't fucking lock the kids or dog out. Sometimes I forget the dog is out. Or I can't always hear him barking to come in.
    Neighbor renter had her labradoodle tied up outside and then passed out drunk. It was 15F. We called the cops when we noticed the dog was tied up outside at night. She moved out shortly after.

We just fenced our yard almost a 1/2 acre, not cheap per se. Dog loves it, rarely wants to come inside, and the cold doesn't seem to phase him one bit and it gets cold. Obviously different breeds have different capacities for handling cold but he's not a big furry dog, just a short haired black lab with a bit of husky in him.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Neighbor renter had her labradoodle tied up outside and then passed out drunk. It was 15F. We called the cops when we noticed the dog was tied up outside at night. She moved out shortly after.
    Ya, good call. Not at all what I'm talking about.

Upon further reflection, and actually thinking it through ..... yea, a secure back yard for kids to be kids is a good thing, unless the parents shove them out there for their own selfish reasons and leave them for indefinite periods. Very situational/contextual.

I'll have to dig up the picture, our Samoyed (my profile) used to prefer laying outside on the patio during storms rather than be in the warm kitchen. He would literally stay asleep as inches of snow accumulated on top of him. Perfectly happy, and annoyed if we tried to bring him in.

I guess the takeaway is, again.. it all depends on context.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, good call. Not at all what I'm talking about.
    Didn't mean to imply that it was. That was just me doing my usual thing of interjecting a boring, marginally related story when given the slightest excuse. Apologies.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    pad

accomplishes bout the same
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

eBay

and searching for threads about eBay which shows that their approach has been to provide the minimum viable seller support for decades, so there’s no point in bitching

and that’s also annoying

Went to buy an annual neighborhood parking permit the other day, there was some bureaucratic bullshit and they wouldn't sell it to me. I don't know what the bullshit was because all the correct info was available online from their own system, which I emailed a screenshot of to them, so they said call us, give us payment, and we'll mail the permit. So I do, go to my mail today and the permit is in there.

My annual permit expires February 2022.

That’s great, now you don’t have to worry about that shit until next year.

Uber notifications. I took an Uber last week. Now, in addition to the usual Uber email spam I'm getting notification spam on my phone. I could just turn off notifications but knowing me I'd forget to turn them on the next time I take an Uber and need the notifications. Or I could take Lyft next time.

"Colorado Gives Day"

Otherwise known as "any nonprofit that you have ever glanced at will spam the fuck out of you day".

"Colorado Gives Day"

Otherwise known as "any nonprofit that you have ever glanced at will spam the fuck out of you day".
    It's a great opportunity to unsubscribe and thin your mail out.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague