Page 614 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... LastLast
Results 15,326 to 15,350 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's a shorter version of this piece in today's Times print edition on page 3: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/o...pneumonia.html

Clifs notes version: the pneumonia that can develop with this virus is atypical. It doesn't cause the lungs to fill up with fluid at first. With this virus, people frequently have pneumonia and don't know it. By the time typical pneumonia symptoms present, the patients are already pretty far gone, often require intubation, but still frequently die anyways. Earlier treatment would avoid many/most intubations and save lives.

An effective way to check your lung capacity/efficiency/health is by checking your blood oxidation levels. Do this frequently when you are sick. Pulse oximeters are simple, cheap and effective for this. They're for sale on Amazon. It might take a while for one to come but at least it will be on its way. Get one and if you start having covid symptoms begin checking your blood oxidation regularly. If it starts to drop substantially, get to the hospital.
    Pulse ox today is like a thermometer for the last few centuries
    . . .

Wish I had an oximeter. My father in law has one. He was living with us until moments before I got home from Spain March 2. On March 7 in the midst of my fever state i asked my wife to get one while she was at Walgreen's getting drugs for me. She called and said it was $53, I said skip it, like a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    An effective way to check your lung capacity/efficiency/health is by checking your blood oxidation levels. Do this frequently when you are sick. Pulse oximeters are simple, cheap and effective for this. They're for sale on Amazon. It might take a while for one to come but at least it will be on its way. Get one and if you start having covid symptoms begin checking your blood oxidation regularly. If it starts to drop substantially, get to the hospital.
    Good thought Ice, thanks. I found a study on oximeter accuracy-

https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia-...ers_Not.9.aspx

Ordered one on Ebay. $50, be here in a month.

It's always seemed like an interesting tool to me, especially since using it is completely unobtrusive. Just adds a little more info to go off of when making care decisions, corona or otherwise.

I'm giving up drinking until this is over.

Edit: bad punctuation

I'm giving up. Drinking until this is over.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Lulz......#metoo
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

A+

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Friends of mine in CO that had many symptoms but were not tested used a oxi meter when at their worst at doctor’s direction. My understanding was that if their o2 saturation dipped below a certain threshold for a certain amount of time, to call their doctor and head to the hospital. if it dipped below an even lower value to call 911. The husband and wife were in that situation for about 3 days but were sick (ebbed and flowed in severity). When at their worst, their 12 year old daughter held down the household and cooked and cleaned for the family (family of 4).

This morning in Pandemic Theater...
    Our "local" supermarket (20 miles away) has online ordering plus curbside pickup, including loading the stuff in the back of the vehicle while you stay put. Convenient, easy to maintain distance.

Guy who brings out the groceries this AM has on a surgical mask - that's good. I ask if all employees are wearing masks now.
    He pulls down his mask to say yes, and to then tell me about the substitutions they had to make...

Not concerned for me - distance was good and I'm not the one touching my face. Just hope the store provides better training for their people...

Colorado crash test dummies made Reuters. Great sign.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2280E6

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the fact that you use that pos website as a credible news source
    no depression
    I think its humorous
    how much time you spend finding and reading clickbait urinal cake blog sites
    and bringing them here
    Well fucking said.
    And he wasn’t depressed

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Hey dumbcunt, read this. It's from a right winger kook, just like you!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...ckdown-absurd/
    An irony of the coronavirus debate is that the more successful lockdowns are in squelching the disease, the more vulnerable they will be to attack as unnecessary in the first place.
    How in any way is that author a right wing kook?

The last paragraph is “By all means, let’s open up the economy as soon as we can, but it will require more careful thought than the most fervent critics of the shutdowns have demonstrated during the peak of this pandemic.”

Or maybe I don’t get what you consider to be kookish.

Cristina Cuomo...now there’s a left wing kook.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Can the smart people here clarify and possibly help me discredit this video? it's making the rounds with my Trump loving family morons.

the Guy works a urgent clinic... Not exactly a world renowned epidemiologist

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    They are reporting good news but you want it to be not true because of trump. Got it.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    They are reporting good news but you want it to be true because of trump. Got it.
    Okaaaayyyy.

Here’s part of a flame post to a misguided and desperate friend who’s outta work regarding the docs in bakersfield:

“These guys are full of shit and Ben Shapiro shrills. Just because they are physicians, it does not mean that they have good epi skills or other critical thinking skills. Just consider Dr Ben Carson.... When has influenza resulted in deaths to so many HCW? When has flu resulted in asymptomatic adults stroking with no other risk factors for stroke? When has the flu put so many people in the hospital for 6-8 weeks for recovery?...”

On a separate note outta Huntington Beach CA
    Name:  IMG_3296.JPG
Views: 1815
Size:  88.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    They are reporting good news but you want it to be not true because of trump. Got it.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    Have you huffed Lysol and done a shot of bleach yet today? Because your dear leader recommends it!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Here’s part of a flame post to a misguided and desperate friend who’s outta work regarding the docs in bakersfield:

“These guys are full of shit and Ben Shapiro shrills. Just because they are physicians, it does not mean that they have good epi skills or other critical thinking skills. Just consider Dr Ben Carson.... When has influenza resulted in deaths to so many HCW? When has flu resulted in asymptomatic adults stroking with no other risk factors for stroke? When has the flu put so many people in the hospital for 6-8 weeks for recovery?...”

On a separate note outta Huntington Beach CA
    Name:  IMG_3296.JPG
Views: 1815
Size:  88.7 KB

That photo can't be real. If so, that's both terrifying and fantastic. I'm not sure what point she's even trying to make, but nonetheless 6+7+5=18.

The title of this thread changed?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That photo can't be real. If so, that's both terrifying and fantastic. I'm not sure what point she's even trying to make, but nonetheless 6+7+5=18.
    That would be most amazing. Why she's done it¿? The numbers.... They are in the Bible an stuff! 23! 666! ~19 (well 18... but who are you to judge pre school math failures, nazi!!!!!)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I’ve been getting bombarded w it by my retardo acquaintances in Bako (where these dicks are based) as well.

I honestly can’t watch through the entire thing, but the gist is their Urgent Care biz (entrepreneurs!) accounts for about half the testing in the area. ~ 5000 cases. I think there are about 8 deaths in Kern county. They take away (based on data! Because they studied epidemiology!) is that it’s similar in mortality to the flu and it’s time to get back to work!

I think Summit answered my question about how best to beat down these morons w the three bullet points about the hundreds of healthcare workers that have died from covid and when did the flu ever do that? It’s a couple pages back - it’s more virulent, affects more age groups, and more deadly.
    It's long, but I have a lot of spare time on my hands so i listened to the entire thing and it is pretty interesting IMO. They are reporting data based on what they have experienced, not going by models or what the experts think. Since this virus is different than others we are learning something new every day-even the experts. They also say they are getting the same feedback from many other ER doctors and other health care professionals, not just the area that they are in. Not saying this is the gospel, but if you listen to the whole thing and have an open mind it's worth thinking about.

They state that the initial sheltering in place was a good thing, but at this point it is probably a good idea to slowly open up schools, businesses, etc as there are obviously secondary effects of sheltering in place, which has been raised before and certainly makes sense. It also reiterates some other interesting questions that have come up before such as why can some retail businesses remain open and others cannot when there is more people and chance of exposure in the businesses that remain open than in the ones that have been closed down. Something I hadn't heard before was that sheltering in place of healthy individuals actually reduces the effectiveness of the immune system.

YMMV as to the conclusions you draw, but at least listen to it before you dis it.

Sometimes I wonder what drugs these people are on.

What's wrong with Axios?

Hippies hate it.

I am finding that the scotch stash is dwindling surprisingly quickly.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I am finding that the scotch stash is dwindling surprisingly quickly.
    I'm getting down there on my CBD/THC gummies. Counted them out this morning and realized I don't have nearly enough.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The photo was taken today at one of the protests in Huntington Beach.

The post comment by a friend: this person votes and you will not be able to change her mind. please register and vote.