Page 38 of 268 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Just heard the Ikon price is going up "in October," but they haven't said exactly when or how much.
    Gravity Junkie

17 hours to go before a $50.00 increase
    I’m at the checkout section of the pass and it’s asking for a promotion code
    Any body have one?

i bought in. i feel dirty.

We bought ours yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Still not worth it.

All depends.

Broke down... Bought
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Broke down... Bought
    I caved as well.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I sure wish Kirkwood was on the Icon Pass. I a looking forward to doing a little traveling this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

There is a shudder in the Force. The Dark Side is becoming stronger.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

At what time does IKON become the evil overlords and VR starts to look like the good guys?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    At what time does IKON become the evil overlords and VR starts to look like the good guys?
    as soon as my Ikon mountain gets too crowded.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When they start closing resorts as early as Vail. It would be more like they both suck, though, since there's no way they could close them any earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    as soon as my Ikon mountain gets too crowded.
    Buckle up buttercup! They're coming for Winter Park with that fancy new Ganjala and such.

jesski and I broke down and went Ikon base. At least I got the college discount.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When they start closing resorts as early as Vail. It would be more like they both suck, though, since there's no way they could close them any earlier.
    Funny thing is, that doesn't affect me, so I don't care. Sorry, you keep bringing it up, and it is starting to get awkward.

I don't think they do as things stand now, but it's possible. Vail has definitely made certain mountains more crowded with the epic pass and has made them more familiar to each other so there is a uniformity that many associate with VR. The Ikon resorts seem at least out here to have already gone through a transformation to 'super crowded' on weekends and powder days prior to the pass's inception so I don't think Ikon gets the rap for that. Also the Ikon pass features the rowdier somewhat more individual mountains (except for T-ride dammit).
    And I don't think them becoming the bad guys will make VR the good guys.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Broke down... Bought
    Seriously!?

Cool, let us know some dates
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Funny thing is, that doesn't affect me, so I don't care. Sorry, you keep bringing it up, and it is starting to get awkward.
    I don't either - I got an Ikon pass, they've been keeping Squaw open as long as they can the last few years. Someone asked, I answered. Not sure why it's awkward for you, it's just why Vail sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    I’m at the checkout section of the pass and it’s asking for a promotion code
    18-19 Crystal Mtn Season pass holders were just emailed a one time code to upgrade to the Ikon... no you can't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Buckle up buttercup! They're coming for Winter Park with that fancy new Ganjala and such.
    Boooooo! And I'm not saying Boo-urns!

Signed my kiddo up for Eldora jr race team, so I won't be spending as much time at WP this year anyway. It will be a mix of Eldora saturdays (yay?), day trips to WP, and a few longer trips, hopefully to Big Sky/Jackson, maybe to Utah, or ???
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

couldn't resist

I caved as well

I got a solitude pass this year to get away from crowds, it got turned into an Ikon, now I'm stressed Solitude will be crowded.

But now I'm making plans to do free trips toJXN and Big Sky because of it, so I shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Boooooo! And I'm not saying Boo-urns!

Signed my kiddo up for Eldora jr race team, so I won't be spending as much time at WP this year anyway. It will be a mix of Eldora saturdays (yay?), day trips to WP, and a few longer trips, hopefully to Big Sky/Jackson, maybe to Utah, or ???
    PM me if you head this way.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I bought the Ikon. Already bought Keystone Abasin. Was going to get an Eldora pass for easy half days with my 4 year old, but as I (humorously) qualify for a college discount, I bought the Ikon base for a hundred more. Worth it even if I only get a few more Ikon days. Hope to ski with the Winter Park crew again this year. Maybe a small miracle will get me to Jackson, but I doubt it. Too busy.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app