Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    True. He's a solid human being.

Green chair is looking close to being done. All of the cables are up and it looks like the liftie shack is getting ready for a facelift today. When you going to hang some chairs?

Very soon. Cable is under tension, comm line is all wired up, I’ve got to put the engine room on the base terminal this week and then they can wire the cabinet in. The shack is being gone through right now and completely redesigned & rewired and that’s almost done too. Lots happening really fast!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Bought my Throwback card today. As with last year, I hope I regret buying it and not a pass, but unfortunately I think that will be unlikely. Its a great deal for someone getting up 5-15 times a year.

Glad to hear you're locked in! We going to get to see Kai and your way prettier half too? I've got a toasty wood stove and plenty of family crash space fyi!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Yep you should see them all! I bought Roopa a throwback pass too so she's less likely to hem and haw whether it's worth it to come up if she only wants to ski for half a day.

And thanks! We may take you up on that. We'll see how Kai takes to the slopes... He's rocking his strider bike though and loves coasting down hills, so I'm hoping he takes after my side in his feelings toward gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Very soon. Cable is under tension, comm line is all wired up, I’ve got to put the engine room on the base terminal this week and then they can wire the cabinet in. The shack is being gone through right now and completely redesigned & rewired and that’s almost done too. Lots happening really fast!
    Let me know if you need an extra hand with anything. I'll be around Thursday night through Monday night.

And Marcus, we generally have a couple of bedrooms free on any given weekend so let us know if you need a place to stay and DoWork's casa is full.

Let me know if you need an extra hand with anything.
    Same here, I want to get over that way this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Let me know if you need an extra hand with anything. I'll be around Thursday night through Monday night.

And Marcus, we generally have a couple of bedrooms free on any given weekend so let us know if you need a place to stay and DoWork's casa is full.
    Thanks! We'll see how much we get up this year. I'm really hoping that a two year old is more conducive to it than a 0/1 year old was, as the last two years were somewhat lean for me.

DoWork, I just want to say thank you as my wife is suddenly way more excited to come up to Magic for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Thanks! We'll see how much we get up this year. I'm really hoping that a two year old is more conducive to it than a 0/1 year old was, as the last two years were somewhat lean for me.
    right there with you man, here's hoping to a fun winter full of ski learnings !

Fuck. Yes.

Volunteer Day coming up this weekend. I'll be up although probably not going up the mountain. My feet (really, my left foot) are kind of fucked and I haven't figured out how to unfuck them yet.

As my mother says, "Getting old is not for pussies."

Nevertheless, I will do what I can to be useful.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

^Play tunes?

DoWork, I just want to say thank you as my wife is suddenly way more excited to come up to Magic for some reason.
    Someone is doing something right.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    ^Play tunes?

Someone is doing something right.
    I will bring something special for playing tunes. If anyone thinks they have a great, portable bluetooth speaker...

Pffftttt!!!!
    If it's too loud, you're too old

It was my pleasure.

Literally.

Looking forward to this weekend! Always nice to see everyone and get jazzed on tree skiing. This year is going to be sooooo good!

If anyone is interested in volunteering for the Magic Mountain Ambassador program for the 2018/19 season, send me a PM and I can discuss the requirements/benefits with you.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    If anyone is interested in volunteering for the Magic Mountain Ambassador program for the 2018/19 season, send me a PM and I can discuss the requirements/benefits with you.
    Does smelling like a skunk automatically disqualify a candidate?

Asking for a friend :P

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Does smelling like a skunk automatically disqualify a candidate?

Asking for a friend :P
    Maybe not, but a shift drink during your 8-10am shift probably does.

jgb@etree Guest
    Maybe not, but a shift drink during your 8-10am shift probably does.

PM me your cell digits. I have info on a Trailside 1BR condo for rent.

Y'all still have that Snowbowl lift? I've heard things were not going so well across the valley with the new one.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I wonder if I'd be good at this, as over the years I feel I have developed the correct conversational balance on a lift ride up with other skiers. At first it wasn't easy. I learned to ask open ended questions, but intersperse the conversation with the right amount of silence so we can enjoy nature and the outdoors during the ride. I'm also trained in CPR and have a working knowledge of the apres and nightlife options around the Londonderry area.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I wonder if I'd be good at this, as over the years I feel I have developed the correct conversational balance on a lift ride up with other skiers. At first it wasn't easy. I learned to ask open ended questions, but intersperse the conversation with the right amount of silence so we can enjoy nature and the outdoors during the ride. I'm also trained in CPR and have a working knowledge of the apres and nightlife options around the Londonderry area.
    If you are good at Tetris, you can help park cars.

So you're politely telling me onay on the ambassadoray?
    Btw. I thought the whole valet idea was dead? I was a valet at a restaurant many years ago and I have excellent skills.

can't wait

aw yee

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    When is the new thread for this season getting started?