Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fatal shark attack, Wellfleet MA

. . .

Horrible and horrifying
    Uno mas

I just saw this also. Horrible. The cape is so sharky.

We've had some sightings up our way also by fisherman.

I wish I wasn't hearing about shark attacks more often than I did in the past. Makes me less enthusiastic about getting up early to head to the beach. I get that there are still way more dangerous things I do like taking a shower, but still.. Freaks me out hearing about more than one serious injury or fatality on the east coast over the summer season.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Seems like shark attacks and sightings are way up on the east coast. There were sharks in the Gulf of Maine this summer, and that is pretty u common. The cape sticks way out there into the fishing grounds. Hatteras often has sightings when I was a kid. FL has seemed to always have Sharks. Maybe we just hear about it more due to the media access. I’ll get scared when they start having attacks at Jones or Rockaway.

RIP. Shitty way to go down.

Dude was boogie boarding.
    Black wetsuit and flippers.
    Not blaming him. So tragic.

Sponging always freaks me out. I feel like a seal.
    . . .

Man oh man, we never heard of, or saw anything but sand sharks when I was a kid on the south shore and outer cape. Makes me think twice about wanting to go body surfing, crazy times on the Massachusetts shore.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Gray Seal population has exploded there and in the islands. Might as well be chumming from the beach.
    http://www.ocearch.org/

Ofc the top of my head I believe that's the first fatality in the northeast since the multiple fatalities in New jersey 1918

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

A tagged Great White named Hilton was cruising the coast of Nova Scotia this summer

RIP. I can’t believe people are getting in the water there. Great white sightings from the beach almost daily this year on the Cape. I get the statistical probability but fuck...they are chomping seals 10 yard of public beaches.

I have a friend in MA who actually went on a shark watching tour yesterday around the Cape. She said it was shocking now many big sharks they found, quite easily. Some of them were spotted swimming between sandbars and the beach so close to the beach in shallow water that their boat couldn't get anywhere near them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Gray Seal population has exploded there and in the islands. Might as well be chumming from the beach.
    http://www.ocearch.org/
    This. We were in Bar Harbor a few summers ago and the seal population there is through the roof, and it’s attracted great whites. Guy said he got a big bump behind him while he was diving, turned around and saw a white swimming away, was scared shitless.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

So there was another one not too far from there last Wednesday??

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ch/1006342002/

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Dude was boogie boarding.
    Black wetsuit and flippers.
    Not blaming him. So tragic.

Sponging always freaks me out. I feel like a seal.
    Lots of sharks out there... as I'm sure you know: http://provincetown.wickedlocal.com/...ng-with-sharks

Scary and sad stuff. Windsurfing Chatham has become way less desirable. We were over at the Wellfleet harbormaster's this afternoon and I saw this on the window

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	247546
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I have a friend in MA who actually went on a shark watching tour yesterday around the Cape. She said it was shocking now many big sharks they found, quite easily. Some of them were spotted swimming between sandbars and the beach so close to the beach in shallow water that their boat couldn't get anywhere near them.
    Oh man, back in ‘84, I was living in East Orleans and eating a lot of really clean lsd. I loved being in the water at low tide on Nauset. Walk and swim out to the bar, tripping balls. Throwing handfuls of water into the air and watching it break into fractals as it cascaded on my face. Never once, did I feel scared about sharks. Tripping balls in Chatham, Orleans, Wellfleet, and P-town back in the 80’s was so much fun.
    The cape has enough good swimming on the sound, bay, and ponds. I guess swimming on the shore is not gonna be popular for some time now, crazy shit.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Apparently, they tried to use a boogie board leash as a tourniquet. Too bad GHSP wasn't there to save the day..

Off duty lifeguard grabbed tourniquet and med kit from her car, but reports seem like he bled out immediately in the ocean.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Off duty lifeguard grabbed tourniquet and med kit from her car, but reports seem like he bled out immediately in the ocean.
    They probably tried with the board leash out there in the ocean while pulling him to shore..

We were in Chatham a dozen years ago. My brother and I paddled our white water kayaks out to the breakers 1/2 mile out to surf. There were gray seals all around us and the kayak surfing was awesome. After about an hour we started to get tired and my brother missed a few rolls and almost swam. Suddenly we had the "Ah ha" moment that a) we didn't want to be swimming with the male gray seals as they are huge and can be aggressive, and b) we would have to swim through the great white feed zone if one of us had to come out of our boats. It was a nervous paddle back in. Surfing in a gray seal colony is dumb as shit. Duh. Great surfing though.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+cape+cod+2018

I've surfed there for years. never saw one shark. things have changed
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

I wonder if business at the 'comber has suffered.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I was supposed to attend this show, right up the coast, sponsored by Hog Island Brewery. G Love bought a house in wellfleet, evidently. citizen Cope , too. thought they might cancel after the attack. Ended up in Boston getting roped into the freedom rally. should've stayed on the cape https://capecodrootsandblues.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TvqytE05c0
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Stupid fucks want to bait and kill the sharks. Politicians are mind numbing dumbasses. Wtf