Page 1233 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 ... LastLast
Results 30,801 to 30,825 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    ...if you’re going to turn a 1/2 mile connector leg into a 2-3 mile switchback/loop can you fucking sign that shit and make it optional? Goddamnit if that didn’t happen 3 times on today’s ride. Also, laying in 3 boring ass switchback loops doesn’t make a boring ass connector any better. It just means I have to ride 4x as far to get to anything interesting...
    Most likely erosion control. That 1/2 mile connector prolly has a river running down it in rain.
    If you want *interesting* maybe switch to hiking?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Most likely erosion control. That 1/2 mile connector prolly has a river running down it in rain.
    If you want *interesting* maybe switch to hiking?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Oh sure. That would make sense.....

.... if the original connector trail was no longer there and it wasn’t flat anyways. But the connector trail is still in use, they just log over a section of it to make you ride around more.

It’s 100% to make the trail longer. No elevation change, just a straight shot point a to point b. They’ve done this on other trails I ride. I’ve been known to bushwhack across a switchback because it was time to get home and fuck another 1.5 miles of switchback that never used to be there.

And throwing up a sign or 3 wouldn’t kill you either.
    focus.

Oh sure. That would make sense.....

.... if the original connector trail was no longer there and it wasn’t flat anyways. But the connector trail is still in use, they just log over a section of it to make you ride around more.

It’s 100% to make the trail longer. No elevation change, just a straight shot point a to point b. They’ve done this on other trails I ride. I’ve been known to bushwhack across a switchback because it was time to get home and fuck another 1.5 miles of switchback that never used to be there.

And throwing up a sign or 3 wouldn’t kill you either.
    Seems like mountain biking is more trouble than it's worth for you. What's an extra 1.5 miles of flat riding take you, 5 or 6 minutes? Biking is supposed to be fun, and you're getting worked up because you get to spend a little longer out on the trail away from the shithole office, or the nagging bitch and whiny kids at home? Savor it. Or, Peloton might be a better fit if you're that crunched for time.

Also, if there's truly no elevation change, why are there switchbacks? Your story smells like bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Seems like mountain biking is more trouble than it's worth for you. What's an extra 1.5 miles of flat riding take you, 5 or 6 minutes? Biking is supposed to be fun, and you're getting worked up because you get to spend a little longer out on the trail away from the shithole office, or the nagging bitch and whiny kids at home? Savor it. Or, Peloton might be a better fit if you're that crunched for time.
    This is the shit that annoys you thread. The shit that annoys you but shouldn’t thread may have been more appropriate, but it was harder to find. I’m not suing for justice or getting ready to march for a change. I’m just annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Also, if there's truly no elevation change, why are there switchbacks? Your story smells like bullshit.
    That’s why I’m annoyed! It doesn’t make any fucking sense!

Anyways, fuck off. I acknowledged that I had a fine time and I’m just over here bitching about dumb stuff.
    focus.

This is the shit that annoys you thread. The shit that annoys you but shouldn’t thread may have been more appropriate, but it was harder to find. I’m not suing for justice or getting ready to march for a change. I’m just annoyed.

Anyways, fuck off. I acknowledged that I had a fine time and I’m just over here bitching about dumb stuff.
    So, would you say that you're annoyed that he's annoyed that you're annoyed?

Perfect.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hah. There is one of these that annoy me that does have an elevation change. It’s a switchback, which is cool.... but that wasn’t enough terrible switchback.... so they put in a double switchback. You can see one from the other, and you end up where you started so you can take a third switchback to where you need to go. It’s bonkers.

The whole thing annoys me more (and also has less reason to) because it’s all less than a mile from my house. And there is some cool shit. But these stupid switchbacks are in between me and a quick lunch ride to cool shit.
    focus.

Current suburban architectural maximization of 1) cheap exterior facades and 2) front-facing gables.

I was really amused by your post until you told me to fuck off. Now I'm annoyed. At least I'm in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Current suburban architectural maximization of 1) cheap exterior facades and 2) front-facing gables.
    And why do all new-build apartment buildings look like they were constructed from Legos?

Name:  a-special-spot-in-mcmansion-hell-1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  360.9 KB

Name:  TheHomer.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  23.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mopch.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	328906

you've probably seen it, but if not, this blog has some great stuff: https://mcmansionhell.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

you've probably seen it, but if not, this blog has some great stuff: https://mcmansionhell.com
    Heh. I had but forgot about it. Great site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

All I can think about is what the estimate will be when they need to replace the roof.

Heh. I had but forgot about it. Great site.
    I was surprised to see that he's still doing it. And he's got Patreon!

I've been saying car hole for attached garage for years yet nobody has said "hey, I know that site". More of them should.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    All I can think about is what the estimate will be when they need to replace the roof.
    Roofline Soup

Ha. “Cheaper to move”

Living in snow country you begin to appreciate very simple roofs with the gable end over the entrance and any deck. Amazing to me how many houses are built with no consideration of where the ice and snow is going to go.

And why do all new-build apartment buildings look like they were constructed from Legos?
    design by pro-forma
    max out the zoning envelope

comp shingle is cheapest fucking thing they can put up there

try zinc or clay tile on that sucker

people and their fucking “knots”

if you can’t tie a knot, tie a lot
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Living in snow country you begin to appreciate very simple roofs with the gable end over the entrance and any deck. Amazing to me how many houses are built with no consideration of where the ice and snow is going to go.
    I always especially found that baffling to see so frequently at high elevation locales like the Yellowstone Club. SSSOOOOOOOO much ice damming. Silly architects. So many of them have zero common sense about how things actually work. It's all about the looks.

Being quoted 15% to 20% more when I ask for a bid due to my zip code.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I always especially found that baffling to see so frequently at high elevation locales like the Yellowstone Club. SSSOOOOOOOO much ice damming. Silly architects. So many of them have zero common sense about how things actually work. It's all about the looks.
    "maintenance is for the staff to worry about"
    -anyone buying at YC

"That's what they make heat tape for"
    -Project Manager on a YC spec home

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    "That's what they make heat tape for"
    -Project Manager on a YC spec home
    I have literally heard people say that up there. Was hilarious to hear one of those people in panic mode when they realized they forgot to have someone plug in said tape and it was too late. Doh!

this is why I can charge $50/hr to shovel snow
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Home 1
    Business in the front.

Party in the back.

Home 2
    Whatever veneer was on sale. Surely vinyl of a different color out back.