Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I was on I-89 on Monday to go down to Costco. I set the cruise control at 67. Tons of people getting on my ass and getting aggro and then going past me. They loved it when I dropped down to 55 in the construction zones. However, a bunch of them got pulled over because the VT State Police, plus local cops, were out in force.
    I call bullshit, nobody drives 65 in VT, let alone faster than 65!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Minimum speed : 45mph

You've never driven north to the ski hills on winter Friday evenings, I see.

You should get back here more often. We got Brodozers doing 90 on 89.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You should get back here more often. We got Brodozers doing 90 on 89.
    well, I was mostly joking, and 89 is sort of not part of VT.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yeah and neither is Chittenden county. yeah.
    bumps are for poor people

yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Bosses want to implement video monitoring through the laptop webcams in the coming days. Seriously considering telling them to shove it and I'll keep that sticky tape I have covering the lens on there, except for our Zoom calls. They can come remove the tape covering the lens personally if they really need to see me throughout the day. I don't need the camera randomly turning on and recording me during the day without my knowledge.

It's a worrying prospect to think about giving up this job in this environment, but I also have some lines I won't cross.
    This home video conferencing hack suffered an unfortunate fail
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    the cat will not
    shut
    the
    fuck
    up!

Christ, the door is going to be left open by mistake real soon.
    Last night one of my cats was insane screaming at the top of his lungs and running around like mad. He'd been out all day and this was around 6:30p which is his time to come and stay for the night. Normally I'm very patient but last night was extreme. Your post came to mind ... I glanced at the door..... but didn't pull the trigger because I know he would end up not coming back all night which is dangerous around here.

He finally wore himself out and crashed hard on the bed like a little kid after throwing an epic tantrum.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Bosses want to implement video monitoring through the laptop webcams in the coming days. Seriously considering telling them to shove it and I'll keep that sticky tape I have covering the lens on there, except for our Zoom calls. They can come remove the tape covering the lens personally if they really need to see me throughout the day. I don't need the camera randomly turning on and recording me during the day without my knowledge.

It's a worrying prospect to think about giving up this job in this environment, but I also have some lines I won't cross.
    Does your company have a legal dept? My guess is this wasn’t ran by them.

I’m calling bullshit on this.

Camera monitoring employees in their own homes?

Not a chance.

I know they can use video inspections to verify your workspace but not to monitor you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    yeah and neither is Chittenden county. yeah.
    I live in Franklin Cty.

a judge questions the power of the executive branch

http://www.madnesshub.com/2020/04/ju...-exceeded.html
    . . .

Dozens of people sitting on beach, on blankets is ok.

Two old people in beach chairs is dangerous behavior.

. . .

I think my allergist's practice is suffering. For some context, I am deathly allergic to peanuts. This has been confirmed by blood tests, scratches tests and those two times I almost died, one of which was as an adult. Anyway, I get a call from my allergist and he tells me I should schedule a time to come on in and chow down on some peanuts for a food challenge. I sort of tolerated the guy as a care provider because all I really do is have a few tests run every few years. He's always been dismissive, short and generally non-consultative. And now out of the blue, he has some grand recommendation that he proactively reaches out about.

I suppose one way to drum up some dollars is to invite your patients in for a anaphylactic buffet and then administer potentially life saving measures with varied success.

My doctor has been bugging the hell out of me with robo calls and e mails for a check up. No, sir, not now, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I think my allergist's practice is suffering. For some context, I am deathly allergic to peanuts. This has been confirmed by blood tests, scratches tests and those two times I almost died, one of which was as an adult. Anyway, I get a call from my allergist and he tells me I should schedule a time to come on in and chow down on some peanuts for a food challenge. I sort of tolerated the guy as a care provider because all I really do is have a few tests run every few years. He's always been dismissive, short and generally non-consultative. And now out of the blue, he has some grand recommendation that he proactively reaches out about.

I suppose one way to drum up some dollars is to invite your patients in for a anaphylactic buffet and then administer potentially life saving measures with varied success.
    LOL!

Anyone have friends/ friends of friends getting kicked out of apartments yet?

Anyone have friends/ friends of friends getting stiffed by their tenants yet?

What could go wrong?
    I still call it The Jake.

Almost a month ago I was sitting in a rocking chair in the sun in the afternoon out on the front porch reading a book. It was beautiful. Things greening up, birds chirping, warm and nice in the sun. I think, I can handle some quarantine like this no problem.

That was the last warm day. It's been grim pretty much ever since, 50's and grey mostly. Haven't sat in that chair since.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What could go wrong?
    The dude even told me to bring my own peanuts and epinephrine.

The call is really only starting to sink in. He basically called up and said “Hey, I’m the dude who has never previously given a shit about you but now I have a great idea. You know how I’ve been telling you you could die from peanuts for years? Well, that may or not be true so I think you should go buy some peanuts and bring them to me and I’ll feed them to you and then when you can’t breathe, make sure you have some life saving medicine on hand. And ensure your insurance is up to date so I can charge you for this experience.”

The dude even told me to bring my own peanuts and epinephrine.

The call is really only starting to sink in. He basically called up and said “Hey, I’m the dude who has never previously given a shit about you but now I have a great idea. You know how I’ve been telling you you could die from peanuts for years? Well, that may or not be true so I think you should go buy some peanuts and bring them to me and I’ll feed them to you and then when you can’t breathe, make sure you have some life saving medicine on hand. And ensure your insurance is up to date so I can charge you for this experience.”

Ha. That’s fucked.

Seems much easier to just not eat peanuts.

Sounds like the chiropractor. Hey your back kinda hurts? Come see me and I’ll make it really hurt and then do something to make it hurt less in perpetuity.

One day, out of the blue, my cousin said, "Ya know, if you were gonna be a doctor, you should be a dermatologist." I asked why, and he said, "because your patients never get better but they never die. It's a goldmine!"