Page 89 of 137 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3406
    Molly's Game was just added to Netflix. I found it to be a very good watch, and it has skiing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Molly's Game was just added to Netflix. I found it to be a very good watch, and it has skiing in it.
    Yeah, watched that the other night. Had no idea that she was Jeremy Blooms sister. Pretty interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I got a bit bored toward the end and lost track of shit.
    Did Carol's husband come back from the dead?
    Tiger King was an Okie, which is equal to Florida Man.
    I barely made it through episode 1 and hated it. Hate the people, the piercings, etc. I've always thought folks into exotic animals are fucksticks who want a trinket of their individuality and can't just get a fucking dog because that's too normal. But friends talked me into another episode and I'm done, no interest in continuing. I could go to the silver valley walmart and see the same people.

Maybe it was too over-hyped and got my expectations so high I just couldn't enjoy it... much like anal.

Also, just wanted to give a big thanks for many solid recs on this thread!!!

Anybody seen this?
    Looks like an entertaining B-movie...

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I think I've started it twice and them flipped elsewhere.

But I recently caught what started as an old-style western on google ppv called Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell.
    Check it out, dooks.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I think I've started it twice and them flipped elsewhere.

But I recently caught what started as an old-style western on google ppv called Bone Tomahawk with Kurt Russell.
    Check it out, dooks.
    Seen it!

It is on Prime, too.

Watched The Death Of Stalin last night. Wasn't really sure what to expect, but found it entirely entertaining. It's at least an approximation of the actual events around Stalin's death, but presented as a sort of absurdist dark comedy.

Bordertown is pretty good
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If you missed The Magicians when it first ran on syfy, the first 4 seasons at available

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone watched The Platform? Spanish-language "horror", incredibly odd premise, a very timely take on a dystopian future (maybe present actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Anyone watched The Platform? Spanish-language "horror", incredibly odd premise, a very timely take on a dystopian future (maybe present actually).
    Check Page 87 of this thread...

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...w-rec-s/page87

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Anybody seen this?
    Looks like an entertaining B-movie...

Decent

3/5

Should have dug a bit further back. Good thing I didn't recommend season 2 of Kingdom along with it...
    Finished Waco yesterday (maybe on Amazon). Interesting to see a take much more favorable to the Branch Davidians than the official story.

I may very well have recommended both of these films before,but I was not in the mood to peruse the previous 88 pages to see if I did.
    Regardless, they are engrossing psychological thrillers worthy of watching.

ENEMY
    Denis Villeneuve's (Sicario; Arrival; Bladerunner 2049) second English language film is a glorious pastiche of Kafka and Cronenberg.

THE INVITATION
    After two misguided films (Aeon Flux and Jennifer's Body) and a 6-year hiatus from directing feature films, Karyn Kusama returns with this edgy and f+×cked-up dinner party gone horribly awry headcracker.
    Last edited by dookey67; 04-22-2020 at 04:59 PM.

^I Haven't watched Enemy yet but just finished The Invitation, and it made me uncomfortable. I would say Kusama did a respectable job on this one. There's an unexpected nod to TGR also.

Apparently 'The Great Escape' is on netflix now. Classic Steve McQueen. Prolly gonna catch that soon. Hope they start releasing more classics.
    I can't say that our movie watching experience is that much better than it was BITD when I used to go to Blockbuster. Isn't that weird? I mean, I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Youtube and maybe I'm just not that skilled, but it sure seems like there isn't very many good new releases anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Broadchurch: Very Good
    I know it's a few years old now, but just getting into it and I'm impressed. About halfway through the second series now. Highly recommended.

Saw the first episode of Midnight Gospel last night.

If you’re high and you like those sorts of “deep” conversations really high people have, and you like trippy old school animation to go along with it, you’ll probably have a good time.

Kinda glad I knew who Duncan trussell was going into it. Will get high and watch more later.

WIYL: Dr Katz, adventure time, the idea that our whole universe is like, a grain of sand in another universe maaaaaan

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I can't say that our movie watching experience is that much better than it was BITD when I used to go to Blockbuster. Isn't that weird? I mean, I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Youtube and maybe I'm just not that skilled, but it sure seems like there isn't very many good new releases anymore.
    I keep our old Netflix (now DVD.com) disc by mail service going for exactly this reason. More convenient than redbox, and it ends up being about the same price.

ENEMY
    Thanks for recommendation on this one. DV has a cool style that I enjoy. I will need to rewatch it to see what I might have missed...sure wasn't expecting that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I keep our old Netflix (now DVD.com) disc by mail service going for exactly this reason. More convenient than redbox, and it ends up being about the same price.
    Yeah, I cycle in and out of the DVD service. Might have to go back to it for a while. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I know it's a few years old now, but just getting into it and I'm impressed. About halfway through the second series now. Highly recommended.
    Concur with this. I thought it was very well done. Wish they did more seasons of it.

I watched the Talking Heads concert movie "Stop Making Sense" on Amazon video last night. So good. David Byrne is a bit of a mad genius.

Thanks for recommendation on this one. DV has a cool style that I enjoy. I will need to rewatch it to see what I might have missed...sure wasn't expecting that ending.
    If you can track them down, his earlier films Incendies and Maelstrom, are great...

^I Haven't watched Enemy yet but just finished The Invitation, and it made me uncomfortable. I would say Kusama did a respectable job on this one. There's an unexpected nod to TGR also.
    Agreed. What was the tgr nod? I must have missed it.