Page 75 of 250 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 6250
    The company’s stock jumped by about 7% in after-market trading. Tesla also hinted at a strong third quarter, saying it’s entering the period with a backlog of orders.

CEO Elon Musk set investors’ expectations high in a companywide email on June 25, saying the electric car maker was on course to deliver a record number of vehicles throughout the quarter. He wasn’t exaggerating. The company delivered 95,200 cars during the the three months ending June 30 — a 51.1% increase over an admittedly weak first quarter and besting its previous record of 90,700 deliveries set in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    No US court would ever consider that fraud.

Wonder where the burden of proof lies in terms of demonstrating a disregard for promissory arrangements like that. Seems to be dancing on the wrong side of the law.
    Why would they sue in the US? Why wouldn't the Indian customer sue in India? The South African sue in South Africa? No matter the level of bullshitting that "Tesla is a software company" it makes it's money selling cars to people and it's ultimately subject to whatever laws in the country it's selling cars in or country it wants to sell cars in.

I'm more curious the backlog of referral code vehicles owed.

Wonder where the burden of proof lies in terms of demonstrating a disregard for promissory arrangements like that. Seems to be dancing on the wrong side of the law.

It's like FSD. Tesla has been charging 5k for that shit and it doesn't exist. Going on for years now. I know nobody cares because "save teh world" * ends justify means logic, but still... ayfkm?
    Legal eagles needed here but I think at worse that is bad faith. To not attempt to fulfill the terms of a contract. If Tesla withheld his deposit without filing for bankruptcy then it may rise to fraud but it would depend on a lot of things.

Tesla stock surges after setting new delivery and production records

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/tesl...y-numbers.html

Old enough to remember when TSLA's fan club ran deep in teh padded room.
    Haters gone quiet with stock up $100

That's a sell signal "falls." Only buying long when something is about the 200 day is a losing strategy. I was really just commenting on the contrary chatter

Elon Musk: Smartest Guy in The World or Complete Clown?

Baillie Gifford just gave Elon a pretty substantial vote of confidence, fwiw.

ETA - Not really in their interest to not give him a vote of confidence when they own billions of TSLA stock...
    Last edited by neufox47; 07-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Profit is for little people.

TSLA -13% as Q2 results show they're wholly incapable of making money. Something like $4,000 lost per car sold.
    they can sell lots of cars at a loss - well done elon - well done

While in D.C. last weekend I was impressed with how many peeple were using the scooters. A legit useful product. But bird is running annualized revenue at $60M with most recent quarter losing money at an annualized rate of $400M. All backed by SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION in VC equity. I get the product is useful and is shaping modern inter-city travel. But the ability of companies to secure $700M in funding against a business plan that loses 6.5x total revenues just bottles my mind. Tesla really not much different, just much bigger numbers. Popular product with heavy losses after growth stops.
    Their numbers never made sense to me. $1 + $.15/minute to ride. So if a Bird is rented 5 times a day at average of 10 minutes per ride, they collect $12.50 Less $5.00 to the guy that collects and charges it at the end of the day, so they clear $7.50. Here they were really popular when they first launched, but now the fad has worn off. And they get 0 use in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Their numbers never made sense to me. $1 + $.15/minute to ride. So if a Bird is rented 5 times a day at average of 10 minutes per ride, they collect $12.50 Less $5.00 to the guy that collects and charges it at the end of the day, so they clear $7.50. Here they were really popular when they first launched, but now the fad has worn off. And they get 0 use in the winter.
    can't find the link but came across an estimate that lifetime earnings for the scooter < cost to purchase scooter. You can't make that up on volume.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    can't find the link but came across an estimate that lifetime earnings for the scooter < cost to purchase scooter. You can't make that up on volume.
    I think I saw something about that too. Forgot to mention alot of them get tossed in dumpsters and rivers too. Now property owners in San Diego are having them impounded.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/24/2...yft-uber-razor

That won’t sway the True Believers.

But it is pretty funny.

A guy with $120 million to invest should listen to a couple of losers from Oregon:

“We are delighted to be an investor in Boring. Boring is a great example of the disruptive playbook we look for,” Jurvetson told Bloomberg on behalf his VC firm Future Ventures.

The deal also pushed the Boring Company’s valuation to $920 million, a company spokesperson confirmed. Reaching such near-unicorn status in less than three years is extremely rare by the startup-world standard.

“The four largest tunnel companies in the U.S. were founded in the 1800s. Like the automotive and aerospace sectors, they haven’t faced a disruptive new entrant in their management’s collective lifetime,” Jurvetson said of the company’s prospects.

Nothing like related party investments to give a seal of approval!

Jurvetson is a board member of both Tesla and SpaceX. Assets are regularly commingled between the 3 companys.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A guy with $120 million to invest should listen to a couple of losers from Oregon:

“We are delighted to be an investor in Boring. Boring is a great example of the disruptive playbook we look for,” Jurvetson told Bloomberg on behalf his VC firm Future Ventures.

The deal also pushed the Boring Company’s valuation to $920 million, a company spokesperson confirmed. Reaching such near-unicorn status in less than three years is extremely rare by the startup-world standard.

“The four largest tunnel companies in the U.S. were founded in the 1800s. Like the automotive and aerospace sectors, they haven’t faced a disruptive new entrant in their management’s collective lifetime,” Jurvetson said of the company’s prospects.

you and your underage korean golfer/elon musk boner are so cute.

How's that O'Hare tunnel going? Should be 35% done by now.

Boring is Musks 6th company he’s founded with minimum $1 billion dollar valuation. His legacy of companies now employs well over 100k people.

And the Chicago tunnel is how far along?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    And the Chicago tunnel is how far along?
    If it gets approved which does seem unlikely.

Did you see the hyperloop challenge attained 288 mph?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcru...top-speed/amp/

https://www.spacex.com/hyperloop

Inspiring young scientists is so pointless

288 mph in "micro" scale in a vacuum, so far from being in commercial use. Nice that Elon is using the young innovators to push tech in this area. There is no doubt this will be a future mode of transportation. Not likely in my lifetime a trip from Boston to LA will I take.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 9.38.18 PM.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	873.0 KB 
ID:	290018
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Raising the bar:

@elonmusk

Jul 21
    Next year’s
    @Hyperloop
    competition will be in a 10km vacuum tunnel with a curve

And a hill???

Sorry, couldn't resist, I know that is the 2025 challenge.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime