Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    I bought an early bird (April 2015) EDGE card for this season assuming they were offering the unlimited early season (open to ~Dec 20) skiing perk again this year. Now I can't find mention of it. Did I screw up?

It was cheaper doing that plus spring add-on than a pass last year. Break even was 25ish days, I only got 15 at the resort last year. Hopefully more this time around.

Edit: found it, unlimited till Dec 18 plus two night skiing tickets to Grouse (yay? Maybe I can sell those). March 30-close is $79 add on again.
    Yeah, I had a heart attack last year around this time when I couldn't see the offer. But turns out they remove the easy link to it after the spring sale ends so people buying a card now don't get confused. I think now it's only a single free early day.

Low quality snow everywhere. Stay home, it's not worth it. You have to clean snow off your face all the time, especially in steep leeward terrain that was sheltered from the wind.

Ski like a girl:

Thanks Gramboh
    Living proof that evolution is dead

Whis on the 19th, BC on the 26th via WBtwitter.

I got my edge card in March and looking forward to some free turns early December.

Say, anyone stayed at the Hi-Whistler in the Olympic village …or Alpine Lodge near Meadows Park Sports Complex? I figure either place should not be too busy in early December. I just don’t feel like folking over too much for the early season turns. Any beta would be appreciated.

HI hostel is really nice with good rooms and facilities, have been in and around haven't actually stayed there though. Seems good would recommend it, drawback is location, driving to/from would be pretty cruisey, bus less so. Haven't been inside alpine Lodge, closer to town though.

Check out Fireside Lodge also. Stayed there a number times in the summer and it's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelerate View Post
    Low quality snow everywhere. Stay home, it's not worth it. You have to clean snow off your face all the time, especially in steep leeward terrain that was sheltered from the wind.

Ski like a girl:

Thanks Gramboh
    Thanks, looks terrible , maybe I will take your advice and stay home...nah I'm a glutton for punishment . Where were these turns taken?

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    I got my edge card in March and looking forward to some free turns early December.

Say, anyone stayed at the Hi-Whistler in the Olympic village …or Alpine Lodge near Meadows Park Sports Complex? I figure either place should not be too busy in early December. I just don’t feel like folking over too much for the early season turns. Any beta would be appreciated.
    Check out Hotwire , Airbnb ,& VRBO for some last minute deals

Loaded and ready to go, heading back on Sunday for the season. Looks like just in time

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSKI75 View Post
    Thanks, looks terrible , maybe I will take your advice and stay home...nah I'm a glutton for punishment . Where were these turns taken?
    El Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Axelerate View Post
    El Brandywine
    Thanks, what's the hike in like?

Brandywine isn't too bad when you can drive to 1000m mid winter sled or a looooooong walk

Whoever started this thread: its Duffey

How high did you park?

Quote Originally Posted by Schemeboat View Post
    Whoever started this thread: its Duffey
    Oops ...my bad

duffy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duffy.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	171816  

Exploring a little today. Nothing crazy to report but not much snow and NO base on the eastern Duffey. Was worth burning some gas getting the sleds dialed in and just hanging out.

What do you guys think will be open on Blackcomb by the 26th? Any chance that upper Whistler mountain opens by then? I'll be heading up there 11/25-12/1. I may come for a lap of blues next week (been jonesing for any kind of snow) but if so I am bringing my MTB too, gotta make the drive from Seattle worth it.

Trying to figure out whether to stay in the village or Benchlands, depending on which mountain will be the one to ski.

Both mountains will probably have about the same open. For Whistler it'll be Village and Creek Gondi, Red, and Green. Blackcomb will probably be lifts to the Rendezvous but not much above that. Not much chance of the upper mountain lifts open by then unless it really dumps, but you can hike to the alpine if the avalanche closures are open.

marginal conditions on Paul Ridge this morning. nice to go for a walk and shake down the gear after a really long biking season though.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    nice to go for a walk and shake down the gear after a really long biking season though.
    Word. I think I'm up to 80,000 m of vert on the bike this year. And I even took a month off.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Both mountains will probably have about the same open. For Whistler it'll be Village and Creek Gondi, Red, and Green. Blackcomb will probably be lifts to the Rendezvous but not much above that. Not much chance of the upper mountain lifts open by then unless it really dumps, but you can hike to the alpine if the avalanche closures are open.
    for the upper mountains. How's the biking now around Lost Lake? Should I bring a MTB too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Crash View Post
    :How's the biking now around Lost Lake? Should I bring a MTB too?
    The Lost Lake trails are easy, but fun for a quick loop. They're also enjoyable in snow since they're low consequence. Good family fun adventure time. However if you drive down to Squamish you can ride a gigantic network of trails almost any time of the year.