WTB: TI-84 graphing calculator $50

A lot of younger dudes on here. I am a cheap old man that needs to come up with a TI-84 for my daughter. Go dig out your old high school/college graphing TI-84 and get beer/weed/hand job money for next weekend. Let me know what you got.

I think I may have a 82 plus or 83 floating around the house, would that work? You'll take my 85 from my cold dead hands.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Thanks for checking but they are asking for TI-84 .

I'm guessing it's for HS math? Ask the teacher, pretty much all of the TI-80 series has very similar functionality. My HS math classes wanted us to have 82's and I ran an 85. No real difference.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I think I have one, I'll check when I get home. I have every TI-8x, as a math nerd through HS and then an engineering degree.

BTW, TI-89s are the best. Those things let you cheat up through Calc.

Shit, just donated my TI-89 from HS to Goodwill....

If you can stretch your budget slightly, there are a ton on ebay.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I've got a 83+ of thatd do. PM me

Sent from my mind to your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I think I have one, I'll check when I get home. I have every TI-8x, as a math nerd through HS and then an engineering degree.

BTW, TI-89s are the best. Those things let you cheat up through Calc.
    Sorry, 84 is gone I have a 82 and an 85, either for cheaper than your asking price.

If I can dig mine up, I'll let you know. I'd let it go cheap.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    You'll take my 85 from my cold dead hands.
    Heh. I am an HP48G guy. I am comically useless with normal calculators without a stack. I understand your perspective.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

TI-89 was the bees knees, definitely a helpful piece of math kit. The functionality of the 89 is way, way, way better than the 83/83+ series. Was easier to use than the 83s as well, I wouldn't hesitate to get your daughter the 89, she won't have any problems doing the TI-84 level work with it and it is so much more powerful. Wish my job still called for using one!

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    TI-89 was the bees knees, definitely a helpful piece of math kit. The functionality of the 89 is way, way, way better than the 83/83+ series. Was easier to use than the 83s as well, I wouldn't hesitate to get your daughter the 89, she won't have any problems doing the TI-84 level work with it and it is so much more powerful. Wish my job still called for using one!
    Most classes (high school and even college level calculus) won't allow a TI-89 on tests because they have solving algorithms, the SAT and ACT also ban them. They are freaking awesome though and mine is still going strong 13 years later.

You can get fully functional 84's for around 30 - 60 on fleabay.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Thanks for al the advice. Found one locally.

Bump. Anybody got a TI 84 they want to get rid of? My daughter needs one for math class. $118 on Amazon you gotta be kidding me..

Edit: found one on CL
    Last edited by yeahman; 09-03-2019 at 04:18 PM.

My thoughts were always that if you are smart enough to use the calculator to your advantage then it’s not really cheating...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

i would feel almost as bad selling my TI as i would a pair of skis. it accomplished a lot for me before i graduated to dependence on excel