Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naxo Parts?

Naxo Parts?

Well, I've called BCA, I've called Alpina, I've called them both again. I've called every store on the internet that still has NX21s in stock. I sent an email to info@ibexsport.ch, but I doubt they can even read it. No one will give me any love.

The red low climbing bar/heel lockdown is broken on both of my NX21s. Supposedly you can replace the whole low bar/high bar assembly by taking out the two pivot screws, but I can't seem to get this part from anywhere.

Other than lying to Alpina and saying that my bindings are still under warranty is there ANY way I can get replacement parts for them? Anyone know of any shops anywhere that stock parts for them?

Oh yeah, BTW...Fuck BCA, Fuck Alpina, and FUCK Naxo.

(and especially fuck that bitch at Alpina who talked to me on the phone today )

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    according to this thread:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=157166

naxos have lifetime warranty covered by BCA... but steeplechamp just got their last heel piece?
    anyway i have no answers for you, i dont even have naxos. just showing you the link and giving you a free bump.

good luck.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

The Rossignol Group has sold re badged NX21 and NX22 bindings for a few years. Since they are no longer going to carry the bindings, I bet you could buy some parts off them pretty cheap...

ROSSIGNOL GROUP
    WARRANTY & SERVICE CENTER
    267 N. DEPOT DRIVE
    OGDEN, UT 84404
    (435) 252.3300

Good luck,

Ira

I know what you mean that bitch at alpina, I hated her when I talked to her on the phone also.

Thanks for the heads up on Rossi. I called them and the guy didn't sound too hopeful. Basically he said that all he could do was see if a pair came in for warranty that he could cannibalize. But he was much more helpful than the stoner at BCA or the bitch at Alpina.

Quote Originally Posted by SaSSafraS_LTK View Post
    e stoner at BCA
    Who exactly did you talk to at BCA...?? You know there is only so much the dudes at BCA can do...they are out of parts...its not like THEY can order them. I'll bet there are a few select parts laying around the shop there, but you have to use tact and finese to aquire them. They also very well may not have the parts you're looking for anymore so its a shot in the dark, but they were very helpful to me in the last few weeks.

I have a broken set of NX21s I will part out for you. How much were you thinking for the heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Who exactly did you talk to at BCA...?? You know there is only so much the dudes at BCA can do...they are out of parts...its not like THEY can order them. I'll bet there are a few select parts laying around the shop there, but you have to use tact and finese to aquire them. They also very well may not have the parts you're looking for anymore so its a shot in the dark, but they were very helpful to me in the last few weeks.
    Yeah, I'm not hating on the stoner at BCA. It would have been nice if he had actually told me what they have in inventory, but he wasn't aggro about it like the lady from Alpina. I didn't catch his name, but it sounded like he was totally and completely stoned.

I was cordial and concise but he basically just told me to call Alpina. Very slowly. When I told him that I already had and they had told me to call BCA I think I blew his mind.

Raps - Does $50 sound good for the heels? I can't afford a ton since I just got laid off. (Otherwise I'd just do some barons on closeout...) Shoot me a PM and we can work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaSSafraS_LTK View Post

Raps - Does $50 sound good for the heels? I can't afford a ton since I just got laid off. (Otherwise I'd just do some barons on closeout...) Shoot me a PM and we can work it out.
    Sounds good to me - sent you a PM

Warrantying anything through Alpina is becoming something of a gong show. Good luck with it. We are having one hell of a time trying to do so as an ex-Naxos dealer... to the point where I will probably refer customers to this thread. I think your best bet at this point is cannibalizing old Naxos. It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep this as a Naxos exchange thread.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I will throw this out there. but i have an odd naxo piece. it is the climbing tower/lock down piece from a naxo nx02.

i don't know if it will work for the nx21

So does anyone have anything good to say about these. I just bought some NX21 off Tramdock and this thread worries me. Are these likely to break? And what parts are prone to breakage. I'm a fairly conservative skier. By that I mean I don't really do drops over 7 or 8 feet. Am I going to have a problem with these?

Also, will they hold up from daily abuse at the resorts? (IE moguls, steeps, gnar. No terrain park - I spend enough time waiting in line at the lift)

just got off the phone with alpina. they have returned ALL naxo inventory to naxo. they only have a very limited supply of spare parts left.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by PhishermanPhil View Post
    So does anyone have anything good to say about these. I just bought some NX21 off Tramdock and this thread worries me. Are these likely to break? And what parts are prone to breakage. I'm a fairly conservative skier. By that I mean I don't really do drops over 7 or 8 feet. Am I going to have a problem with these?

Also, will they hold up from daily abuse at the resorts? (IE moguls, steeps, gnar. No terrain park - I spend enough time waiting in line at the lift)
    Some people manage to break shit no matter how burly it is.

I still have a functioning pair of NX21's that I bought three season ago. I put about 90 INBOUNDS days on them and about 30 touring days on them and they are still going strong. I even ran them over with my truck accidentally without incident. I am 6'2" 200lbs naked and ski fast and hard but no hucks or jumps over 5 ft.

I had so much faith in them that I bought a pair of NX22's this year for my Fat BRO's. I love em and have no complaints at all except for the fact that I'm now fuct in case something does actually happen.

I've seen a few broken toes in the shops I've worked in and every time it was because the user had the toe height improperly adjusted way too tight.

I would think the price of a used naxo is going to drop ,some folks are going to break them,some folks will hoard parts ... there will end up being some parts as this productline goes completely "sunset"

Naxo Wide Ski Brakes

Does anyone have 105 or 120 width Naxo 21 brakes? I can't find them anywhere and I want to upgrade my bindings to my new setup. Thx!

Naxo help...lost AFD

Warning, thread resurection.

I am a splitboarder that was given a pair of skis and some Naxo 01 vrs bindings and have pretty much converted to skiing in the backcountry this year after more than a decade on a board (fat skis, weehee.)

but...

One of the bindings is missing the AFD, being a hack on skis I need to release (pretty regularly, my confidence far outstrips my skills.)

I don't want to spend much on this set up, but I want to ride these the rest of this season. I'm saving for a whole new rig for next season

Should I just pop off the AFD on the other binding and hope for the best?

Continue to try and locate the part, or a 1/2 pair for cheap? (anyone got one?)

Say f-it and get the new set up I want despite financial constraints and the risk of death by spouse?

Help.

DRS

Nevermind, found one

Dave at fat ski deals is has one I can get, death narrowly adverted.

Double-resurrection. I am also looking for wide brakes (100mm+) for the Naxo 21s, and also came up with nothing from BCA, etc. Anyone destroy theirs since this thread was going last and want to hook me up?

bend the brakes. they should be easy to get around 100mm skis. i had some on some ehps (113mm) and they required little bending and were fully functional. be warned though, naxos suck ass.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

I have some, 100ishmm, $50/pair, used a few days.

but really, just bend what you got. It if works, great. If not buy mine.

my buddy has a 3/4 naxo pair. Broke a heel piece. PM me and I can call him to see if he will sell anything. 100mm brakes
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    Double-resurrection. I am also looking for wide brakes (100mm+) for the Naxo 21s, and also came up with nothing from BCA, etc. Anyone destroy theirs since this thread was going last and want to hook me up?
    take those binders and throw them in a dumpster. one of mine ripped off my ski last year. luckily i wasnt hurt but it could have been a completely differnet story. they are ticking time bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by sfd656 View Post
    these bindings are for parts as one of the heel pieces is busted off. includes 2 good toe pieces, 1 heel piece, 2 heel locking/climbing angle pieces and 2 good sets of rails size med. all of the parts are in good condition.
    they are branded as dynastar early trams but are the same as the naxo nx21. price $50 is obo, will trade for other touring binding parts fritschi freeride+ or marker barons or anything else that may intrest me.
    SOLD THESE BINDINGS

Resurrecting this thread. I am looking for a Naxo nx21 heel piece.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)