Page 174 of 891 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 22261
    Good deal, That is about the same time we will bail. I will keep an eye peeled.

You lucky bastards, think you could send some of that stuff a couple hundred miles west?

Clear & cold today. +10F at first chair.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Damn fine day of sliding around. Stayed mostly on lower mountain and in the Bowl. Let the lemmings cut up Challenger a bit and maybe head there on Thursday.

Yeahman, rode up the triple/double bubble with Wendy and 3 other women from Helena, she does something at G. Divide. Part of your posse?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Clear & cold today. +10F at first chair.
    Just as it should be. You busters are fairing far better than we are in the Cascades.

Stoked to get back out there in January.

Some legit leg-burner turns on the mountain today. Bunion, I think I know who Nancy is but not positive. I'm kind of an outlier in Helena perhaps. I road the lift with a couple Helena women too (that I didn't know except through mutual friends). I think a lot of Helena people ski free week and that's why they are all there.

Screaming Left
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171128_112015_resized.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	217451

Challenger was definitely awesome today for a couple hours. Big Rock Face or whatever it is called looker's right of the lift.

Name:	20171128_123316_resized.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	217452

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Green coat tan pants
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Red Flylow jacket and tan pants.
    I did not see either of you d00ds today. Although I did link up with local mag AustinFromSA later in the afternoon. Had dinner with him at the Riverhouse.

Yeahman: are you on Atomic Automatics with a black BD backpack ?

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

No...black K2 pack and either K2 or Line skis this year. I'm flying the corporate flag.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Some legit leg-burner turns on the mountain today. Bunion, I think I know who Nancy is but not positive. I'm kind of an outlier in Helena perhaps. I road the lift with a couple Helena women too (that I didn't know except through mutual friends). I think a lot of Helena people ski free week and that's why they are all there.

Screaming Left

Name:	20171128_112015_resized.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	217451

Challenger was definitely awesome today for a couple hours. Big Rock Face or whatever it is called looker's right of the lift.

Name:	20171128_123316_resized.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	217452
    Big Rock Tongue, aka BRT, pronounced Burt. Just to lookers right above the trees is BRT North. Feck me That does look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Big Rock Tongue, aka BRT, pronounced Burt. Just to lookers right above the trees is BRT North. Feck me That does look amazing.
    Okay, now it's all making sense. I asked a patroller at the top of Challenger what was open and he said Midnight and Moonlight and they were getting ready to open Bird. I skied away thinking Bird, where the fuck is Bird? Obviously he was saying Burt. Ha!

Many Big Sky patrollers suffer an inability to coherently express themselves except through the use of profanities. Once I left Big Sky and gravitated to the Dark Side I was forced to take a remedial English class and attend extensive diction lessons led by the world renowned Professor Henry Higgins.

BRT (Big Rock Tongue) is what was shown and refers to the rock glacier you can see in the summer. The southeast aspect that hangs above Morningstar is LRT (Little Rock Tongue) and refers to that rock glacier and is pronounced Lurt. That is one of the really unique things about the mountains in the area, they are in motion that you can observe in years rather than centuries. In other words, its a cool fucking mountain Bro.

Hey o. A buddy and I are coming down to hit Big Sky next weekend. Any recommendations for food, cheap clean motels and cheap lift tickets would be appreciated. Costco for lift tickets?

No to Costco. Used to. no more.

Try Bucks T4 and see if they have deals on a room and lift pass.

Did stuff on the dark side really open today?

Quote Originally Posted by powking12 View Post
    Hey o. A buddy and I are coming down to hit Big Sky next weekend. Any recommendations for food, cheap clean motels and cheap lift tickets would be appreciated. Costco for lift tickets?
    Food: Riverhouse on hwy 191 is a festive smokehouse type place. Lone Peak Brewery has decent grub. Choppers is ok though slow, good if you want to watch a game. Lotus Pad if you like Thai. Many locals do apres at Scissorbills on the mountain and they have food options too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Did stuff on the dark side really open today?
    Indeed, along with the Headwaters lift. The Bowl, Alder and Cold Spring.

If the Big Sky Patrol felt really froggy (hint hint) they could always open the entire Headwaters cirque, put up some closed signs to keep people from skiing below the Stillwater road and have people hike back up that road to the patrol shack. (hint hint). It would do the area a world of good to get skiers on the terrain. But then again, what do I know.

29$ Day = total shitshow.

Huge lift lines, day skier parking lot jammed full.

^^^bad planning on our part as we didn't realize it was $29 day until we got there and couldn't park. Still great to be out. Tram line wasn't bad either.

We were driving up the canyon while all the $29 day folks were driving down...and all the YC construction workers...holy crap what a line of cars. At dusk. That kind of driving scares me anymore. Fortunately road conditions were good.

Yeah, you skiing tomorrow? Going down again. Probably get there about 9:30. Red Flylow Jacket, tan pants, dark smith helmet.

I will look for you. I will be with the fam. Three girls and me. Wife has bright pink pants.

Just a PSA to anyone in the Bozeman/Big Sky area, I have both a Rossi/Look jig, and a Dynafit Radical 1+ jig. So I can assist with mounts for:

PX/NX 10/12/14/15/18, and SPX bindings
    Pivot/FKS
    Dynafit Speed superlite 1.0
    Dynafit Low Tech Race
    Dynafit Speed radical (and any binding that shares the pattern)
    Dynafit Speed Turn 2.0 (and any binding that shares the pattern)

If anyone needs to mount skis this year with any of those I have the jig and drill bits. I will let you do the epoxy/glue, and screw turning.

Anybody in Big Sky want a free couch? It is a comfy couch and in good shape, but you would have to pick up on Wed, Dec 6.

Name:	Couch-2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	217870
    Last edited by WMD; 12-02-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Haven’t been out much this last week. Nice tour up Blackmore last weekend. Headed to Cooke tomorrow to check things out down there, anyone been out recently?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Also lost some Oakley’s on the skin track if anyone happens to find them I’ll buy you a six pack,

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums