Page 41 of 132 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Favorite episode to date - So Good and Inspiring!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

wow
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post

Also, I hope there’s a Bjarne episode coming. The dude is clearly an absolute beast. I’d love to learn more about his story and see some of him skiing too.
    Yes. More Bjarne. I can't even imagine climbing that stuff AND having to lug all the equipment and deal with the logistics needed to get the shot.

So rad that you got Jeremy involved. Would love to see more riders.

Keep up the great work.

Brilliant!

I remember, 10 or 15 years ago, when you started posting here and I was still trying to help out at TGR -- I told a couple of the boys -- I think it was Todd & Dirk, but maybe Steve -- that they should check out this kid Cody from Tahoe.

They totally ignored me, so I had zero effect on your career, but thanks for proving me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    This is amazing. This series keeps getting better and better! Holy shit I was gripped watching this!

Question: On Meteorite, Jeremy goes first, and takes a exposed looking line down the ridge on the second part of the descent, then Cody descends the open face beside it. Personal choice by Jeremy? Or leaving the face clean of tracks for Cody? Either way, amazing to see Jeremy and Cody in the mountains together. Couple of beauties.

Also, I hope there’s a Bjarne episode coming. The dude is clearly an absolute beast. I’d love to learn more about his story and see some of him skiing too.

Keep it up boys! This is winning the internet.
    Answer: Just total personal choice by Jer. He'd be dreaming of Meteorite of foot far longer than I had so it was no question to let him go first and let him go where he want. The snow was a bit wind affected, blown-in in some places and compressed in others. So it was by no means full throttle skiing.

More Bjarne stuff will be coming this season. I have an episode for an idea that I think will help highlight a bit of what he does out there.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That opening shot of you guys going up Meteorite was amazing! - not sure what the term is for reflexively jaw dropping and grinning at the same time.

I'll say what others have already said more eloquently - these videos speak to people because, to use the cliche, you are keeping it real. The shots of you guys eating breakfast at 1am with your eyes half open if the antithesis to the strip mall life coach talk that is often the prelude to ski edits. "The mountains call to me - they are my church" does nothing to motivate me to get outside. Watching you guys get up early to bushwack in the dark to a beautiful line and then witnessing and empathizing with the satisfaction of getting back to the vehicle after a monstrous day is genuinely inspiring - there is vicarious joy in watching people you relate to achieve success after putting in such an effort. I'm a fan.
    Well thanks and that was the goal from the get go when I started whipping this little project up in my mind. I too find post-line interview cliches to be absolute garbage and generally repulsive. My mother is a writer, journalist and author and there is one little nugget of story-telling knowledge that she implanted in my brain when I was a kid, "Show. Don't Tell." To me, interviews are just telling you how it was. The whipping out the camera to shoot eating breakfast at 1:15 am in the morning is showing you how it was. It does far more for the story than, just saying in a post ski interview, "We woke up at 1:15 and I was so tired." It's way harder than you think to capture all this on camera but Bjarne and I have done a good job evolving our anticipatory feel to when it's a good time to start shooting.

Beautifully edited and highly entertaining
    It's been a few years since I got up between 12-2am for ski objectives, made me wince and smile at the same time.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

are you using a heli for the areal shots or a drone?

Outfuckingstanding alka!!!
    5 stars+++++

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Gotta be some kind of trained falcon with a camera, flying with such poise. Who could climb and operate a drone atthe same time??

Quote Originally Posted by soyboy80 View Post
    are you using a heli for the areal shots or a drone?
    Meteorite was shot with a heli as it was primarily a TGR shoot I was. I just worked with TGR to do a footage swap so I could make this and they could make the segment with Jer and I in their film Winterland.

Pontoon was just a drone, no heli.

Forget the computer, that episode was 65” screen worthy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1402.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	304265
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Meteorite was shot with a heli as it was primarily a TGR shoot I was. I just worked with TGR to do a footage swap so I could make this and they could make the segment with Jer and I in their film Winterland.

Pontoon was just a drone, no heli.
    Bet it was tempting to call in for a heli pick up instead of the five hour slog back out to the car!

Great episode. Probably my favorite one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Beautifully edited and highly entertaining
    It's been a few years since I got up between 12-2am for ski objectives, made me wince and smile at the same time.
    I seem to be down to one of those per year, always funny when you're passing the bar stragglers on your way to something like that. My all-time record was 11, in the pm. Not even sure why I even tried to sleep with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I seem to be down to one of those per year, always funny when you're passing the bar stragglers on your way to something like that. My all-time record was 11, in the pm. Not even sure why I even tried to sleep with that one.
    You shouldve just been one of the bar stragglers and worked off the hangover from there

Quote Originally Posted by backcountrybummer View Post
    You shouldve just been one of the bar stragglers and worked off the hangover from there
    True. 4-5 hours of walking to the base of a line should take care of things.

Finally saw the double AK episode. Great work. Jeremy still killing it at 44.
    Bjarne didn't seem to stoked at the end of Pontoon. Definitely seemed like his avalanche safety threshold is a little lower than you guys (which is a great thing to have on a team.) I've finished a big line in conditions like that when it warmed up down low faster than we thought. it wasn't fun...

Hey Cody, is there a soundtrack for the film? Didn't see a list in the credits and some great tunes in there.

Top notch work as always, have watched it like 4-5 times now. Getting my non-ski nerd friends turned on to the fifty project with this one.

Thx!!
    27° 18°

bumpity bump

watch out for snakes

Wow - seems very un fun. I’m scratching my head a bit about why that made the book of all the potential objectives out there. Way to check it off the list A + B.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Who cares if it's fun, it's still a project.

Is any project really fun? Seriously? Pick any one in your life, no matter genre.

It's not fun, it's a project. It is a self-imposed haunting. And, no matter again, what it is, it is just a vehicle to teach you your own limitations until you complete it, or die. Maybe not even trying. But it bugs you, nonetheless. None the less.

Who cares, we all have them, and I respect the small one's like getting out of bed, or walking, or visiting every country, or whatever. It's a human personal project.

The goal isn't the reason, or answer.

I have many projects.
    This is a fantastic description. I've been border line insane with our current trail project. It's beautiful chaotic madness and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

project. you keep using that word. i do not think it means, what you think it means.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Wow - seems very un fun. I’m scratching my head a bit about why that made the book of all the potential objectives out there. Way to check it off the list A + B.
    Some things are classic not because they are the most aesthetic, the most difficult, the most (fill in adjective of your choice here) objective but because they have a great combination of all of those factors, not least of which a great history. Check out Lowell Skoog's description of the Watson Traverse for a little background about the history.

http://www.alpenglow.org/skiing/baker-2004/index.html