Page 34 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Fantastic day up at solitude. It's amazing how well that place spreads out the crowds. Barely sat in a liftline all day. Nailed the honeycomb rope drop, skied 3 untracked runs to kick off the morning. 2 hours up, 45 minutes down, and I'm happy with that. Definitely a junkshow this morning particularly at the 190-wasatch blvd junction. Saw someone taking a shit off the side of the road halfway up BCC and luckily a cop behind us lit them up.

Hope everyone got some! One of the better resort days I've had in a few years

Admittedly you don't know shit about Utah, just another clueless rog touron you are.
    Yep....you got it..not as Core as you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Sorry, frame grabs so shitty resolution, but truly waist deep today.

Attachment 310331

Attachment 310332

Attachment 310333
    No apology necessary. Fantastic looking conditions!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Ain’t no dogs nor Skidogs in the BCC, #MCClifeyo.

My let the traffic surge pass before heading up tactic backfired, two hours in the car and NO skiing. I’m pretty sure that warrants a day off tomorrow, hopefully no closure but I’m not holding my breath.

Fantastic day up at solitude. It's amazing how well that place spreads out the crowds. Barely sat in a liftline all day. Nailed the honeycomb rope drop, skied 3 untracked runs to kick off the morning. 2 hours up, 45 minutes down, and I'm happy with that. Definitely a junkshow this morning particularly at the 190-wasatch blvd junction. Saw someone taking a shit off the side of the road halfway up BCC and luckily a cop behind us lit them up.

Hope everyone got some! One of the better resort days I've had in a few years

Admittedly you don't know shit about Utah, just another clueless rog touron you are.
    I wonder what the time limit is to be as core as you? Like 10+ years? 20? 30? Number of days skied? Is that the marker? Number of days at what your little brain considers the "correct" place to ski? Just asking cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to be a "core Wasatch local". Fucking beater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8476.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	310347

Name:	IMG_8473.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	310348

Name:	IMG_8477.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	310349

What.a.day. Caught backside, skied all over, but that first one down backside was worth the awful wallow out. Couldn’t see and was choking on snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Decided to get in line for LCC this morning and see if I was lucky. 2 hours up paid off in spades after the road closed. Didn't do much picture taking but heres a few of happytimefunbox coming out of the cirque...at 3pm. Top 10 kinda day for sure, felt like I spent half the day laughing about how bottomless the turns were!

Name:	IMG_1157.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	310352

Name:	IMG_1159.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	952.5 KB 
ID:	310353

Cake is best description

Name:	IMG_1012.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	310357

Turns we’re good too

Name:	IMG_1011.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	310358

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

more snow on the way! taos in a haul, place is legit! just back

i needd rear shocks on my 2016 ram promaster 2500, bob mc, you still wrenchin?

where should i go? thx!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    more snow on the way! taos in a haul, place is legit! just back

i needd rear shocks on my 2016 ram promaster 2500, bob mc, you still wrenchin?

where should i go? thx!
    Rear shocks are usually pretty simple, I've got tools if you want to DIY in my driveway. Otherwise, Bobmc is your man.

LCC closure tomorrow morning 0530-0800. Unfortunately the wife doesn't seem motivated to beat it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I wonder what the time limit is to be as core as you? Like 10+ years? 20? 30? Number of days skied? Is that the marker? Number of days at what your little brain considers the "correct" place to ski? Just asking cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to be a "core Wasatch local". Fucking beater
    Wait, you're telling me you spent a couple seasons living in uncultured Sandy and no one ever awarded you the coveted "locals" merit badge?!!

I'll tell you what, next time I sell a pair of touring skis, you buy em and I'll throw my locals badge in for free! Just for you skidog

Man, came here for a getaway from the pnw cement and what a wild trip it's been. Super happy I brought my new Woodsman 108s, they've been perfect for the days we've had here. Definitely hit a few rocks so far and no evidence on my bases!

Friday ended up being a beautiful bluebird day with tons of powder stashes. Perfect day for getting familiar w/ the mountain and cruising with the gf. Pretty sure we saw Mike in his truck on the side of the road on our way up. We were really confused why someone would have pulled off that way. Super bummed to hear what actually happened

Saturday was wild with refills all day and some dope runs in the bowls and off the sugarloaf lift. Visibility was tough but found trees to keep things fun. The drive down was pretty frenzied, we left a few minutes before our friends and while it took us a while to finally get down, our friends got stuck for almost 5 hours.

They got all the luck this morning though, and leaving 15 minutes before my car did meant they got up and had the mountain to themselves while we waited in line trying to get on the canyon road for 3 hours until the slide that took the car out turned us all around.

Thankfully we still get tomorrow to give it another shot. Any tips on what kind of departure time we should plan for? I would expect monday means less traffic, but there's also so much snow I wouldn't be surprised if people were calling out sick.

maybe give this thread a rest for a while man

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Attachment 310297

Sent one out for Mikey. Stay safe out there. Slides hit the road out of white pine. Lcc closed until further notice.

This GOT ME IN THE FEELS.
    Mikey worked for a friend @ bird and we had a great talk about him yesterday. I didn't know him but for sure he was loved. Do you mind if I share that pic with her it'd make her year....

EDIT-nm shes seen it it made the rounds @ bird not a dry eye in the house
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

All I can say is sometimes you win sometimes you lose well today was winning if you got up there. Top 10 pow day of alltime. I pulled up and watched snowaddict91 put first tracks in wilbur bowl all fallline nonstop faceshots down to lunch run. Nothing but stoke wish I could bottle it up for when stoke is in short supply.

Oldschool1080s ski slinging empire must be paying off with the new Ferrari as a ski car....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200112_074754.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	310385
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Wait, you're telling me you spent a couple seasons living in uncultured Sandy and no one ever awarded you the coveted "locals" merit badge?!!

I'll tell you what, next time I sell a pair of touring skis, you buy em and I'll throw my locals badge in for free! Just for you skidog
    Quite a bit more than a few but who's counting? All set on the touring rigs though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Rear shocks are usually pretty simple, I've got tools if you want to DIY in my driveway. Otherwise, Bobmc is your man.

LCC closure tomorrow morning 0530-0800. Unfortunately the wife doesn't seem motivated to beat it with me.
    that would be fucking great, pm incoming and fkna!

After staring at this for a few hours I broke down and got a room at the GMD.

Name:	IMG_9288.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	310395

Problem is I was stuck in the wrong lot. After some pleading Alta Central gave me the go ahead to park against the bank, and we rebooted up and skated across. Today’s skiing made the blow to the wallet worth it. I’m not sure I’ve ever skied Supreme Bowl when it was this deep.

Name:	IMG_9294.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	277.7 KB 
ID:	310397

I bailed on the traffic at 8am near BCC, and headed to DV instead. Skied on the lift at 9:07, and was pretty pleased with myself because I could only ski in the morning and I was gonna get laps in!

Anyways, my legs are beat from all the moguls everywhere, which in other words means I’m an idiot and made the wrong call, looking at these bottomless pics. FACKKKK!!! Wife let me ski while she had the flu and took care of kids, and I blew my hall pass.

After one run at DV I knew I was gonna have serious FOMO. Solitude is so slow opening things though....

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    After staring at this for a few hours I broke down and got a room at the GMD.

Name:	IMG_9288.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	362.9 KB 
ID:	310395

Problem is I was stuck in the wrong lot. After some pleading Alta Central gave me the go ahead to park against the bank, and we rebooted up and skated across. Today’s skiing made the blow to the wallet worth it. I’m not sure I’ve ever skied Supreme Bowl when it was this deep.

Name:	IMG_9294.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	277.7 KB 
ID:	310397
    Ha, I saw that conversation. You really didn’t want to move the car at 8pm! Totally understand your concern, don’t get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ha, I saw that conversation. You really didn’t want to move the car at 8pm! Totally understand your concern, don’t get me wrong.
    Haha. Yeah I went full whine, but I’ll deliver the sixer I promised.

I'd imagine you're not gnar enough brah. Sounds like they're like hell angels patches. Gotta earn it.

Name:	IMG_2371.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	310399

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im still waiting for my I fished with harry tank too ya knows
    youre sposed to #count2bcore?
    well yeah
    lets keep er on the trench town cold smoke white room blower tracks

Name:	IMG_9131(2).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	610.2 KB 
ID:	310404

Name:	IMG_0015 (2).jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	310407

Name:	IMG_0043 (2).JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	694.1 KB 
ID:	310408

Name:	IMG_0077 (2).JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	310409

Name:	IMG_0101 (2).JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	362.1 KB 
ID:	310410
    ULLRUTARDEDBLESS
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

SFB - Thanks for the continued photos - Pure Stoke!! If you don't want to quit your job, quit the rat race, and ski the pow after seeing these photos, there is no hope.

Sounds like quite the junk show today. Managed to not see any other people, not wait in any lines and not have any road drama. Only cost me a few new core shots.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Man, came here for a getaway from the pnw cement and what a wild trip it's been. Super happy I brought my new Woodsman 108s, they've been perfect for the days we've had here. Definitely hit a few rocks so far and no evidence on my bases!

Friday ended up being a beautiful bluebird day with tons of powder stashes. Perfect day for getting familiar w/ the mountain and cruising with the gf. Pretty sure we saw Mike in his truck on the side of the road on our way up. We were really confused why someone would have pulled off that way. Super bummed to hear what actually happened

Saturday was wild with refills all day and some dope runs in the bowls and off the sugarloaf lift. Visibility was tough but found trees to keep things fun. The drive down was pretty frenzied, we left a few minutes before our friends and while it took us a while to finally get down, our friends got stuck for almost 5 hours.

They got all the luck this morning though, and leaving 15 minutes before my car did meant they got up and had the mountain to themselves while we waited in line trying to get on the canyon road for 3 hours until the slide that took the car out turned us all around.

Thankfully we still get tomorrow to give it another shot. Any tips on what kind of departure time we should plan for? I would expect monday means less traffic, but there's also so much snow I wouldn't be surprised if people were calling out sick.
    Glad to hear you got some on Friday and Saturday! Visiting from NY here (just moved from Norcal and missing the powder days), and Utah is definitely delivering snow-wise, especially considering the Northeast was a rainy mess this weekend.

Yesterday we got an awesome day at Brighton. The night skiing was especially great with the free refills going on all day. Getting back with the bus was less fun. We saw the parking lot situation was a mess (cars not moving for what seemed like hours) and waited it out a bit which was a good move. Apparently people that tried to leave at 3.30 pm waited over 3 hours for a bus outside in the dumping snow. In the end it took us about 2 hours on the bus to get back (7-9 pm).

Today we tried to go to LCC but like many people didn't make it. We optimistically got on the bus at 8 am which was a mistake. We didn't even make it by the mouth of the canyon by the time it closed at around 11 am. Apparently only the first bus (6.45 am) made it up. Ended up at BCC/Solitude by 12.30 and scored some waist-deep powder in Honeycomb canyon (best turns of the season so far) which made up for a lot of the misery we went through earlier. Still, it's been quite insane how much of a mess the traffic has been here. I knew it was bad from previous visits but every time it exceeds my expectations of how bad it can be. My girlfriend, who admittedly is an average skier who doesn't really enjoy deep powder, says she's done with SLC, the juice is not worth the squeeze for her.

Going for Solitude again tomorrow. This time taking the 7 am bus. I'll be skiing alone (friends are sick of the canyon traffic mess and heading up to Dear Valley). Tan pants, blue jacket, Salomon 108s + Shifts, always happy to share the powder stoke with other people!