Page 1383 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 ... LastLast
Results 34,551 to 34,575 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    agreed. Maybe time your walk/run so the dog shits first? They are actually pretty predictable if you pay attention. No excuse for leaving a bag on the side of the trail. None.

Leave No Trace ethics are as much about other users experience as they are about conservation.

If purely conservation, LNT would suggest we all piss in the middle of the trail because that doesn't disturb the environment on either side. You know what it does effect? My hike.

If your bag sits there for 2 hrs and is seen by a dozen people before you pick it up, that still sucks. I don't want to walk/hike/bike/run a trail with a bunch of plastic bags on the side, even if they are gone by nighttime.

No good.
    My dog squeezes out poop if you walk him. No matter what. And the longer the walk, the messier the poop.

The real question is; does Makers really believe that he throws bags of shit at people and splats them, or is he drinking heavily again? I can't imagine that there is somewhere in the US that it wouldn't get him beaten or killed.

Sounds like he just bullies women with it, so he presumes they won’t beat the shot out of him

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The real question is; does Makers really believe that he throws bags of shit at people and splats them, or is he drinking heavily again? I can't imagine that there is somewhere in the US that it wouldn't get him beaten or killed.
    Jackasses that leave shit behind are the same kind of folks that are going to throw hands if it’s thrown at them. I’m guessing what happens at Burning Man splats at Burning Man. Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Yeah, it's prob misdemeanor assault so as much fun as it sounds like, irl I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Yeah, it's prob misdemeanor assault so as much fun as it sounds like, irl I think not.
    It’s battery if it hits them, as he claims.

I think rubbing it on their door handles is a safer solution. Simple vandalism.
    . . .

Muted rethinks his position in response to feedback. Unheard of in the annals of TGR.

Really sorry to hear about your dog.

This is not acceptable. This was on the running trail in Mammoth. Worst part was the trash can was literally 40 ft away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is it unacceptable to relocate the dog poop pieces, away from the trail and under the underbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Is it unacceptable to relocate the dog poop pieces, away from the trail and under the underbrush?
    If it's not sustainable for everyone on the trail to do it, it's not OK. If you're on a trail that you know gets very little traffic, like single digit number of users even on a weekend day, maybe then.

I hate poop bags as much as the next person and living by a city beach open to dogs see it all the time. However in regards to powdrhound’s question at least in the northeast, I think that is perfectly ok. Find a good stick and launch the poop into the underbrush

dogs on trails annoy me

fuck dogs

keep your stupid shitting animal at home
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    $20 says MTM never threw dog shit at anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Absolutely unacceptable, because every time it rains for the rest of the year, the area around the trailhead stinks like dog waste enough to choke you.

I think there's a pretty easy questionnaire you can apply if you're wondering:
    What is the worst thing you can think of, that you are likely encounter, to step in while using a trail or public space?
    What is the worst thing you can think of, that you are likely to encounter, that you can smell while using a trail or public space?
    What is the last thing you want, that you are likely to encounter, to see while using a trail or public space?

Hint: it's probably dog shit.

I will pick up garbage on the trail all the live long day. I bring a ziploc just for micro trash when I bike and hike. But I absolutely will not pick up dog shit. If you have the barest consideration for even one of the 8 billion other people on this planet, you would never leave dog shit laying around, ever. It's fucking disgusting and disrespectful. Quite literally, get your shit together.

I love how every single dog owner will tell you that they ALWAYS pick up their shit bags, yet you could walk from Provo to Ogden without even touching the ground.

Someone is full of crap, and it's not the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I love how every single dog owner will tell you that they ALWAYS pick up their shit bags, yet you could walk from Provo to Ogden without even touching the ground.

Someone is full of crap, and it's not the dog.
    You do realize all of the dog owners walked to Ogden and are starting back to Provo and will pick up their bags then.😉

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Absolutely unacceptable, because every time it rains for the rest of the year, the area around the trailhead stinks like dog waste enough to choke you.

What is the worst thing you can think of, that you are likely encounter, to step in while using a trail or public space?
    What is the worst thing you can think of, that you are likely to encounter, that you can smell while using a trail or public space?
    What is the last thing you want, that you are likely to encounter, to see while using a trail or public space?

I was thinking grizzly bear, but dog shit is second.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    You do realize all of the dog owners walked to Ogden and are starting back to Provo and will pick up their bags then.😉
    well played sir

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

I will pick up garbage on the trail all the live long day. I bring a ziploc just for micro trash when I bike and hike. But I absolutely will not pick up dog shit. If you have the barest consideration for even one of the 8 billion other people on this planet, you would never leave dog shit laying around, ever. It's fucking disgusting and disrespectful. Quite literally, get your shit together.
    So you should understand why people don't want to run with their dog shit then, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My dog squeezes out poop if you walk him. No matter what.
    Our young dog does too, but usually in the first half of the walk. Where I usually take him there's a portapottie at the halfway point so I've been tossing the bags in the portapottie. I figure, it's poop, it's a small bag and it won't clog the pump truck, and there should be a trash can there and there isn't, so fuckit.

Can I get a ruling?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Our young dog does too, but usually in the first half of the walk. Where I usually take him there's a portapottie at the halfway point so I've been tossing the bags in the portapottie. I figure, it's poop, it's a small bag and it won't clog the pump truck, and there should be a trash can there and there isn't, so fuckit.

Can I get a ruling?
    Dude. Quit doing that. It's like throwing trash in a pit toilet.

Name:  38F3317F-0E72-48AD-9620-827E78B2A722.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  16.4 KB

Our young dog does too, but usually in the first half of the walk. Where I usually take him there's a portapottie at the halfway point so I've been tossing the bags in the portapottie.
    Do you first check if MTM is inside the porta potty before winging a loaded baggie inside?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude. Quit doing that. It's like throwing trash in a pit toilet.
    Why, though? It doesn't fill the thing up, they come and pump it out. And a small plastic bag is a little better visual than a big steaming dump on a massive bed of TP in a blue lagoon. I have my doubts about it, that's why I asked, but what's it hurting?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Do you first check if MTM is inside the porta potty before winging a loaded baggie inside?
    I haven't had one come flying back out yet, so I'm pretty sure he's rarely in there.

Why, though? It doesn't fill the thing up, they come and pump it out. And a small plastic bag is a little better visual than a big steaming dump on a massive bed of TP in a blue lagoon. I have my doubts about it, that's why I asked, but what's it hurting?
    Think about it: You are putting a bag of shit in a container full of shit! That is insane!