Page 359 of 401 FirstFirst ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 10019
    Maybe wrong thread but does anyone’s else’s kid play in the PGA Junior league? I love it, teaches the kids rules, strategy and I get to ride along and have a few beers. Maybe the best part of a summer weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That chipping thing is real- feel, muscle memory, instinct- goes a long way in this game.

Booner, what’s the slope difference in the courses?

Yeah...I typically put in a couple 2 hr sessions a season on the chipping green dialing in every possible shot with every wedge and it gets me dialed in pretty good

Old slope was 126 and I thought that was high. New slope is 130.

The greens are WAY more challenging at new club. Half of them require a perfect touch from any small miss near the green for par.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Haven’t been to the range once this year - let alone spend time on chipping and or short game. Needs to change - can only get so far on visualization and hope! And vodka and edibles and Utica club and white claw and...

Scoring happens inside 150.

A pro once said that the key to getting out of the slump he was in was when he realized he was practicing sober and playing drunk. So he started practicing drunk. I try to practice my short game 2 hours a week. 10 minutes per session.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    A pro once said that the key to getting out of the slump he was in was when he realized he was practicing sober and playing drunk. So he started practicing drunk. I try to practice my short game 2 hours a week. 10 minutes per session.
    Drunk or sober?

8" new wet N heavy on the ground here. Played on Wed. Good company and golf right before this weather closed in.

+ 1" h20, we needed the water and Memorial Day weekend might actually be nice, or not.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Gotta love this game.

Last week in league I shot a 43 feeling pretty good about my game, last night.....a smooth 53, WTF?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HD333; 05-26-2021 at 08:09 AM.

I've been a shit show out there for a few weeks...was really in my own head about it.

Made a slight change in my takeaway that's allowed me to work the ball both ways better and gain accuracy and distance off the tee, but it's taking a while to get iron accuracy back up to speed.

FINALLY played pretty well last night and walked away with $300 in skins. Boom!
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Last Sunday, I had 6 pars, 1 birdie and shot 108.
    There’s seriously something wrong with this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Last Sunday, I had 6 pars, 1 birdie and shot 108.
    There’s seriously something wrong with this picture.
    Whoa! Crazy! I thought it was messed up last week when I shot 85 with 36 putts...

5th hold is par 5 for women and some reason it won’t show on GHIN’s scorecard.

I thought about what went wrong and it was mainly the tee shots and chipping.

All and all, I need to get rid of double and up.

Hit a tee ball club you can consistently keep in play. If you groove a 5 iron or hybrid the confidence in your driver will soar. What club are you using to chip with?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Hit a tee ball club you can consistently keep in play. If you groove a 5 iron or hybrid the confidence in your driver will soar. What club are you using to chip with?
    56!
    I wasted a lot of strokes in the sand and under trees.
    Couldn’t pop outta sand and popped when I was under trees.

5th hold is par 5 for women and some reason it won’t show on GHIN’s scorecard.

All and all, I need to get rid of double and up.

Getting rid of anything over a double is key and what I focus on.

Bogey golf is my goal, if I par a handful and have decent looks at a few birdies even better. The doubles and pars usually offset each other to keep things around 90. 18 5’s =90!

For me breaking 90 is all about limiting the blow ups. A couple 8’s and you really dig yourself a hole. Decent/Average/Regular golfers don’t save a round with a bunch of birdies, we save a round by limiting our blow up holes.

I use my 5 iron to escape trees. 6 for a downhill lie. Phil could hit his sand wedge and keep it under 5 feet off the ground for 30 yards. I'm not Phil.

Just watched this again as a refresher. I practice on my 30" x 20' back lawn. Every day.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

56!
    Too much loft if you are struggling. Try a 50, 52 or even pw and work on solid contact and getting the ball rolling.

Look at it this way. You are struggling hitting the two most difficult clubs to hit; driver and sw. don’t hit them!

Every 10+ handicapper I play with hits too many drivers and sand wedges for their ability.
    Last edited by 4matic; 06-02-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Every 10+ handicapper I play with hits too many drivers and sand wedges for their ability.
    They also putt too much and miss too many greens from inside 150, lol.

I agree about the wedges and disagree about the driver.

I switched to chipping with a gap wedge and the difference is huge. Shot an 82 three weeks, thought I was on my way to being a decent golfer. Haven’t broke 90 in 6 rounds since.

If I don't have more than 3-6 feet of carry and some green to work with, practice bump and run with an 8i

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    If I don't have more than 3-6 feet of carry and some green to work with, practice bump and run with an 8i
    Even if you have more carry learning how to adjust loft and ball position is more important. I can open up an 8 iron and hit a decent sand blast shot if I needed it. I learned the game and played for years with 3w-3-5-7-9-pw, sw, putter and I know that helps me today with creativity and shot making.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Shot an 82 three weeks, thought I was on my way to being a decent golfer. Haven’t broke 90 in 6 rounds since.
    I broke 90 twice at the end April, two rounds in a row. Haven't done it since, in 15+ rounds, though I've hit 90 3 times.

This fucking game. Fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210410_173104.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	787.4 KB 
ID:	376279

Anyone have a need for one of these - (maggoty priced) before I off it.

Golf Works ($700) builds a knock-off of it, but this is so much nicer. No longer made; known for staying true indefinitely and hard to find.

I misplaced the bending bar. I'm sure it'll pop up at some point in time - just not now.

Golf Works version for 110$:
    https://www.golfworks.com/non-marrin...UaAiRbEALw_wcB
    just thought i'd offer it up to the collective before I get beaucoup for it on the street

eta: currently assembled for right handers but it is gender fluid
    ​I am not in your hurry

Even if you have more carry learning how to adjust loft and ball position is more important. I can open up an 8 iron and hit a decent sand blast shot if I needed it. I learned the game and played for years with 3w-3-5-7-9-pw, sw, putter and I know that helps me today with creativity and shot making.
    Tend to agree. Most times play with 10-12 clubs. Only bag the ones I like hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Gotta love this game.

Last week in league I shot a 43 feeling pretty good about my game, last night.....a smooth 53, WTF?!?!?

Played third round of the year last week after a 4 week hiatus...38 on the front (7 pars, 2 bogs) and a glorious 48 on the back (went triple, triple, double on the last 3). Started to believe my own BS on 10 and fell apart.

This fucking game...

Started following this guy a month ago. Great thoughts about strategy around the course. Dig thru some of his past posts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPqRsRAg...dium=copy_link

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

As usual, thank you all for your inputs!
    I'll take them into consideration at practice and take it to the course what works!