Page 268 of 465 FirstFirst ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 11607
    I"m going to assume, but from what I read in the paper that the driver was headed to texas
    there is a lumber mill in outside of parshall that's sole purpose is to supply 2x4's for track homes in texas
    they can't get these loaded up and driven down there fast enough to keep up with the building

My first thought is that it was a gravel truck. They slow down for no one.

If we had speed cameras like Europe vehicles that should be regulated would be better about maintaining appropriate speed. Don't even need more cops. But it takes away our freedumb.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Even if the truck issue was mechanical at best gross horrendous negligence was at play. I can’t verify it, but someone mentioned that there is video of him hauling ass past a emergency truck ramp. Then on top of that he waited to plow into cars that he’d have likely seen from a good ways away and choose to not eat shit in the ditch before getting there. How about his pretrip inspection? I’m guessing major fails on multiple levels lined up in the worst way.

Here's the video passing the truck ramp: https://www.facebook.com/olvera.pedr...9226736743573/

Tragic. Apparently preventable.

after the truck blows by the guy, a lot of smoke is visible, so I'm guessing his brakes were toast. Because why else would all that smoke be there? But that still doesn't explain the accident.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Here's the video passing the truck ramp: https://www.facebook.com/olvera.pedr...9226736743573/

Tragic. Apparently preventable.
    Thats fucking crazy. Was wondering why they would be randomly filming the truck, then the guys speaks up and obviously something was wrong wayyyyy up the hill from where it happened and he pulled his phone out.

The fact the fucking idiot blew past that ramp obviously out of control and almost taking a couple cars out, he should be in jail for a long time. Fucking asshat.

He's being held on 4 counts of vehicular homicide. I can't imagine he gets off with much less.

23 years old from Texas. No doubt inexperienced in the mountains. The systems that put him in that place without the training on how to instinctually handle it suck ballz.

White knuckled tunnel vision might not have seen the ramp... Because he had no business behind the wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Would a robot truck have known to avoid this, or will this tactic be the start of their uprising against us? No brakes suicide bombings.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Thats fucking crazy. Was wondering why they would be randomly filming the truck, then the guys speaks up and obviously something was wrong wayyyyy up the hill from where it happened and he pulled his phone out.

The fact the fucking idiot blew past that ramp obviously out of control and almost taking a couple cars out, he should be in jail for a long time. Fucking asshat.
    My thoughts exactly, how did he miss that ramp. The entire event was 100% avoidable. What a mess.

I’m guessing that he was wasted one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Why is his horn not even blaring? Blew past the truck ramp? Wth? Total coward move to not eat shit in the ditch when he was closing in on the mass of cars. How long would his line of sight have been before hitting all those people? What’s the thought process of “well I see all those people in cars cars about 1.25 miles ahead that I’m going to hit at 80 mph or I can mitigate the overall disaster and go off the road. Hit the people. Thats will be the best thing to do”.

Just horrible. All this.

I'm guessing there were three things happening here. Wasted driver, mechanical failure, and panic.
    Live Free or Die

News reports keep saying he was sober...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Why is his horn not even blaring? Blew past the truck ramp? Wth? Total coward move to not eat shit in the ditch when he was closing in on the mass of cars. How long would his line of sight have been before hitting all those people? What’s the thought process of “well I see all those people in cars cars about 1.25 miles ahead that I’m going to hit at 80 mph or I can mitigate the overall disaster and go off the road. Hit the people. Thats will be the best thing to do”.

Just horrible. All this.
    I am not sure he could see far enough ahead to see the line of cars when he was passing the truck ramp. I am not making excuses for him, just basing this on the video of where the other guy was stuck in traffic and what I know is visible from the truck ramp entrance.
    Last edited by Danno; 04-26-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This was so hard to watch when they were trying to get water after the fire trucks arrived. 9news (I think) reported that civilians were helping run the hoses to the nearest hydrant which was 1/4-1/2 mile.

Gut wrenching.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am not sure he could see far enough ahead to see the line of cars when he was passing the truck ramp.
    Likely not, the ramp is 5 miles away from where he crashed.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

But yet there's several medians large enough to land a small plane on in between the two.

Incredible idiocy and negligence and if that video of the guy rolling past the truck ramp and cutting the apex to prevent a rollover is the same truck that kid is cooked. Some of these guys driving are just flat stupid. You tell them how to operate the engine brake properly and when and then they still do not seem to grasp the concept that they will lose the brakes if they use and overheat them. Can't fix stupid as noted by all the numbskulls with smoking brakes on 70.

Also using guardrails and other terrain to slow trucks down in an emergency is in all the books.

A computer driven truck would apply the engine brake and have no need to use the brakes if properly programmed. Modern engine brakes are super strong - a driver can select between 2 4 and 6 cylinders and simply use that toggle switch and gear selection to regulate speed. No need for brakes to ever become hot except an emergency or hard braking situation...one full stop for a loaded truck will get the brakes hot enough to smoke.

FWIW when I was a kid in need of some structure in my life I drove a truck over the road for almost 2 years as a 22 year old in the early ninties back and forth across all the big passes. I loved the mountains then as now. Loved every opportunity to chain up in a snowstorm. Never had hot brakes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    White knuckled tunnel vision might not have seen the ramp... Because he had no business behind the wheel
    this is the conclusion I drew. Trying to picture how I'd have handled that situation at 23yo. Pretty sure the runaway ramp never even registered with the driver. At this point in the vid, I would have expected to see smoke or flames if he'd overheated his brakes. Looked pretty clear, so wonder if he lost air, but that would should result in full clamp-down, not release. Baffled.

We've had several calls asking if we received any calls about an erratic or aggressive semi driver through Georgetown, or any calls about a truck having lost its brakes around Genesee. The last cell tower that routes to Clear Creek is at El Rancho (which is actually Jeffco), which is still what, 12 miles from where he crashed? We didn't get any calls. I'm still going with massive oh-shit moment and inexperience driver.

Condolences to victims and loved ones. Really scary scenario (inexperienced drivers burning brakes/burning semis/crashes, etc.) that happens way too often, usually with less dire consequences. Put this a few miles west and maybe destroy a few homes, some more lives and half the forest..
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    This was so hard to watch when they were trying to get water after the fire trucks arrived. 9news (I think) reported that civilians were helping run the hoses to the nearest hydrant which was 1/4-1/2 mile.

Gut wrenching.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I figured that. Running 5 inch supply line 1/4 -1/2 mile is a complete nightmare. Those 25 foot lengths are so heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    He's being held on 4 counts of vehicular homicide. I can't imagine he gets off with much less.

23 years old from Texas. No doubt inexperienced in the mountains. The systems that put him in that place without the training on how to instinctually handle it suck ballz.
    Originally from Cuba, in Texas for last 2 years. I'm thinking some combination of first time in mountains/rode brakes to failure/wasn't trained on engine braking/downshifting/can't read "runaway truck ramp" signs/too freaked the f out to think about runaway truck ramp or putting truck into guardrail.

500K cash bail.

Who said he was ready and gave him the keys?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    yeah truck was flying.
    I could not believe how long it took them to flow water onto the scene. Looks like they had a couple of tenders on scene but they only provided a couple thousand gallons. They did not start using the master stream off that engine for like 15 minutes. Looks like there was no water anywhere close. Must have run 1/2 - 3/4 mile of 5 inch supply line from a hydrant.
    West Metro does not have tenders in their fleet. I had our tender at the West Metro training facility supplying water for a driver/operator tender familiarization training earlier that day and was heading home empty when the crash occurred. I didn't hear about it until I was back home and after refilling. Our chief is an engineer for West Metro...he had a bad couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    Originally from Cuba, in Texas for last 2 years. I'm thinking some combination of first time in mountains/rode brakes to failure/wasn't trained on engine braking/downshifting/can't read "runaway truck ramp" signs/too freaked the f out to think about runaway truck ramp or putting truck into guardrail.

500K cash bail.

Who said he was ready and gave him the keys?
    I've heard news reports he needed an interpreter in court. Having a CDL and needing an interpreter in court and is wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I've heard news reports he needed an interpreter in court. Having a CDL and needing an interpreter in court and is wrong on so many levels.
    There is a big difference from reading road signs proficiently and wanting an interpreter to ensure you're answering questions in a legal setting correctly.

But I should be listening to adrenlate's maxim: never argue with GGS.