Page 295 of 929 FirstFirst ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    On Thursday, the director-general of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it had been "premature" to dismiss the possibility that a lab leak had spawned the pandemic and urged China to provide "direct information on what the situation of these labs was before and at the start of the pandemic."
    Well, that's exactly the same as what your buddy posted earlier, so case closed--Trump was right, the virus was manufacted in China and intentionally released. Right?
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. This isn't a serious world health issue at all. Why don't you go back and delete/edit this post (and I'll promise to get rid of this quote to save you some embarrassment).
    But he's been talking about Alpha since day one, why would he want that record deleted?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Well, that's exactly the same as what your buddy posted earlier, so case closed--Trump was right, the virus was manufacted in China and intentionally released. Right?
    Stop being obtuse just because the data makes you look like you haven’t been paying attention.

So Biden should stop hiring morons then.
    Do you really think that's the point of what was being discussed? If someone here has defended Biden political appointees and their scientific acumen I missed it, but that isn't what I posted about, so not sure why you want to make that the focus (except to deflect from your earlier link, which as I pointed out actually explicitly stated that nothing has changed, except maybe politically).
    [quote][//quote]

Do you really think that's the point of what was being discussed? If someone here has defended Biden political appointees and their scientific acumen I missed it, but that isn't what I posted about, so not sure why you want to make that the focus (except to deflect from your earlier link, which as I pointed out actually explicitly stated that nothing has changed, except maybe politically).
    You’re flailing now

Haha, yup, morans abound. They desperately want to believe something and you can't stop them. The red hat moron brigade will always be there, facts and logic be damned.
    And right on cue:

Stop being obtuse just because the data makes you look like you haven’t been paying attention.
    Are you really going to troll this way? Come on, I just pointed out that you either didn't bother reading what you posted in response which literally made my point for me, despite the attention grabbing headline, or else you don't understand that there's a difference between what politicians are discussing/focusing on and what scientists are telling us.

And you want to claim I'm being obtuse. The ironing. JFC.
    [quote][//quote]

You’re flailing now
    OK, troll. Keep it up--you're firmly in the red hatted moron bucket at this point.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Just to remind everyone of the obvious .... the loudest, most emotion-filled voices almost always have the least-informed. Especially true for any scientific/clinical topic. This is because those who truly appreciate the complexity of the problem know that facts drive conclusions and that situations are fluid. And in this world, a well-reasoned and data-driven opinion does not need a megaphone to be impactful.
    Example: Trump

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

And right on cue:

Are you really going to troll this way? Come on, I just pointed out that you either didn't bother reading what you posted in response which literally made my point for me, despite the attention grabbing headline, or else you don't understand that there's a difference between what politicians are discussing/focusing on and what scientists are telling us.

And you want to claim I'm being obtuse. The ironing. JFC.
    Nothing has been proven yet, but you act like it has for political points. You’re a hack.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Best in thread: father of the year who infected his kids due to his shitty stance, also knows cocksure they won't need due to his negligence. bring on the liquid silver.
    Excellent point: Core Shot is so fucking stupid. Infects his own kids with a deadly virus due to his own arrogance.

Actual photo of Core Shot
    Name:  Image1627659237.916943.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  32.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah, I see your point. This isn't a serious world health issue at all. Why don't you go back and delete/edit this post (and I'll promise to get rid of this quote to save you some embarrassment).
    Na.

5-10 Years from now when we aggerate all the overdose deaths, mental health deaths, and kids with fucked up childhoods that grow into fucked up adults will dominate the conversation.

We will then start to think, maybe we shouldn't have thrown it all away for a virus with 99.7% survival rate.

Government policy (especially rushed government policy) cant really be seen in 20/20 years after the initial rollout.

Why don't you go back and delete/edit your post. Or in 5+ years, i can tell you I told you so.

The exact origins of the virus will probably never be known. People thumping that article that says "The WHO was premature to reject lab origins" as evidence of a lab leak is just baffling. How do they get the dots saying "we don't know" and "it's their fault!". Is correlation causation now?

And hypothetically, if there was a conclusive leak, then what. Does the world stand up and say "Fuck you, China!"? Then what? Kicked out of the WTO? Sanctions? It's hard for me to see anything happening in The UN because they've bought off so many countries. But it doesn't seem like a problem we have now, and anyway, Biden is pressing the investigation, correct?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    We will then start to think, maybe we shouldn't have thrown it all away for a virus with 99.7% survival rate.

Government policy (especially rushed government policy) cant really be seen in 20/20 years after the initial rollout.
    The survival rate is highly dependent on ICU capacity. For all the talk about other things, we now know the actual unspoken official policy was to manage the pandemic based on regional or local ICU capacity.

Another thing to keep in mind is based on cell phone data people for the most part took matters into their own hands by looking at infection prevalence in their area and then acting accordingly. Of course, not everyone acted accordingly but most people did even in the absence of policy.

Also, contrary to pandemic expectations US suicides dropped last year. That's not to say there won't be delayed effects on the mental health due to the pandemic but there was this banding together misery loves company that spontaneously arose from circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The survival rate is highly dependent on ICU capacity. For all the talk about other things, we now know the actual unspoken official policy was to manage the pandemic based on regional or local ICU capacity.

Another thing to keep in mind is based on cell phone data people for the most part took matters into their own hands by looking at infection prevalence in their area and then acting accordingly. Of course, not everyone acted accordingly but most people did even in the absence of policy.

Also, contrary to pandemic expectations US suicides dropped last year. That's not say there won't be delayed effects on the mental health due to the pandemic but there was this banding together misery loves company that spontaneously arose from circumstance.
    Eviction moratorium ends saturday. Won't be good for mental health looking forward to the next year. This is again why the effects of rushed government policy can't be clearly seen until 5-10 years after the fact.

While it's impossible to prove a counterfactual, it's also absurd to argue there would have been no recession, no issues with evictions or whatever, if not for government policy.

If the argument is we won't know the true impact of the pandemic until decades later then sure, that's always been the case. Pandemics have been civilization-transforming events since the beginning of human history, and they still are.

Recent trips to the grocery store and post office show that mask use is on the rise again, even without any mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Name:  Image1627659237.916943.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  32.3 KB

That guy (or his twin brother) lives in my town. See him all the time. Freaky.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Bet no one in Aspen cares that 4.2M people have died (to date) from this pandemic unless there's a way to profit.

OK, troll. Keep it up--you're firmly in the red hatted moron bucket at this point.
    I don't get how because an individual might question the vax, and/or the viruses origin automatically makes them a Trump supporter? Seems fucking shallow...

I know plenty of decidedly Dems that for sure think it originated in china and a handful that haven't gotten the vax.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

This could be how.

The most likely group to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine are Republicans who consume far-right television news (46%, up from 31% in March), while 8% of those viewers are hesitant about the shot (down from 37% in March) and 45% accept it (up from 32% in March).
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=1a8519b2735f

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Exactly - no doubt there are factions of people who are left of center who are vaccine skeptics. But it is not the default position of their pol party, become part of the identity and being trumpeted by their media - all of which are true of the right/conservative. It is clear as day.

“I think the central issue is that vaccinated people are probably involved to a substantial extent in the transmission of delta,” Jeffrey Shaman, a Columbia University epidemiologist, wrote in an email after reviewing the CDC slides. “In some sense, vaccination is now about personal protection — protecting oneself against severe disease. Herd immunity is not relevant as we are seeing plenty of evidence of repeat and breakthrough infections.”

I guess the demonization of the unvaxxed can stop now? JK, of course it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Bet no one in Aspen cares that 4.2M people have died (to date) from this pandemic unless there's a way to profit.
    How much would you like to wager?

Democrat, Republican, or independent—if a person thinks the virus originated in a lab then I hope they draw the obvious conclusion the best defense against an inadvertent or intentional biological attack is an American made vaccine.