Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anybody ride last weekend?

Low 50s here in Vaginia on Saturday and Sunday. With minimal precip recently, the trails were wet, but not muddy. Funny thing, the descents hurt worse than the climbs. Without skiing, winter atrophy is progressing at a rapid rate. No matter, it felt damn good to get out into the mountains and enjoy the weather.

I am getting the riding Jones. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Yeah Bags, good to hear you are getting some.

I too have begun to feel the jones here in the last week. Quiver changes for next year are being overanalyzed as we speak, and I am contemplating a trip to St. George sometime soon.
    Keep it unclipped

Krispy had a great time in Bootleg, makes me wish I had gone. I did just committ to race both SuperD /DH there in Feb, I guess I better ride a bike once or so before then...

Skiing was good this weekend though, you should try it sometime. Maybe fly to some place in UT and borrow some of your own skis....
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

If I had a fully built bike I might travel/ride this next weekend. Sounds like Alta/Snowbird are the suck.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

I rode for three hours in the excellent (and amazingly dusty) trails surrounding Salida, CO on Sunday. It felt fucking awesome, but my ass callus is definitely in winter hibernation.

Road in 5" of snow two weekends ago and the trails have been a mess since. Full on jones ATM.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Skiing was good this weekend though, you should try it sometime. Maybe fly to some place in UT and borrow some of your own skis....
    This made me chortle. Hell, I damn near chuckled.

Josh, you've already been outed. What're you doing with that Blindside?

Yeah, the ass callous needs work. It's wierd that your butt can so quickly get used to whatever that is, because the pain can be tremendous with enough early season over-riding.

Krispy had a great time in Bootleg, makes me wish I had gone.
    So go.

I'm gonna pretty soon here. We should do a thing.

I would invite flowtron too but he's old and has to address weird things about his ass.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Josh, you've already been outed. What're you doing with that Blindside?
    A very badass Blindside that I just own is going to be up for sale soonish. Know anyone who is interested .
    Keep it unclipped

got out to galbraith on mlk day. Rain and crust at baker sounded uninviting so i got a little muddy instead

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    So go.

I'm gonna pretty soon here. We should do a thing.

I would invite flowtron too but he's old and has to address weird things about his ass.
    Hey! This old guy has a Supreme Operator/RC4 showing up any day now. A few months to gather parts then I'm back in the game, coach. Don't call it a comeback.

And Bootleg is fucking far away, I have to opt for Idaho Springs with the knuckleheads.

Sucked it up and did a road ride today figuring the storm will move in tonight and maybe we'll get back on track for winter. Got my ass kicked by the roadies, but felt good to pedal.

A trip south will need to happen this winter, especially with the wife getting a new rig.

Finished up a new connector trail with the boys Sunday and got a couple muddy laps in before darkness came. Super AM flow-a-thon. Then out to the park for a little line polish up and some riding Monday. Night ride tomorrow...

I'm riding way more than skiing again, but really the weather isn't adding up — plenty wet, but not nearly cold enough. Flooding and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Hey! This old guy has a Supreme Operator/
    What the hell is that?

Some kind of folding electric trike thing you can take into walmart?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Krispy had a great time in Bootleg, makes me wish I had gone. I did just committ to race both SuperD /DH there in Feb, I guess I better ride a bike once or so before then...
    I had been planning on that race but unfortunately/awesomely I have a work trip for the Freeskiing World Tour in Crusty Butt that weekend. Should be fun. So we should plan a fun trip down there after that. /mrs particle is gonna kill me.

baggletaggle, glad to hear you're getting out. I'd love to ride my new trail rig but still sorting out a fork for it so it's on hold until then.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I like all this chatter in Sprockets, makes me feel better about wanting to ride my bike in January.

Particle, what bike did you decide on? The mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

A few pics from Saturday. We rode from town up Cty 110 to the brand new Little Rainbow trail. It was definitely raw and wide and not ridden in, but it will have great flow when it gets dialed in after some moisture and riders.
    We took it east across Methodist Mtn to the top of Racetrack and Dead Bird. Down Dead Bird(awesome) crossed Hwy50, the Arkansas, and under an old trestle. Rode a dirt road over to the S Mtn trails for a fun loop up Frontside, out Backbone and down Sand Dune. Always a good time.
    Noratron rode the new North Backbone on Saturday evening when we arrived. I dropped her off on the way into town and we met at the house. She was fired up on that trail, I can't wait to check it out.

No pics of the really fun trails....because they were too fun to stop.

Salida now has MORE good riding?

I need a summer home/job thing.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    I like all this chatter in Sprockets, makes me feel better about wanting to ride my bike in January.

Particle, what bike did you decide on? The mojo?
    Yep! Mojo HD 140/160. It's just a frame and a box of parts until I get a proper fork for it... then will post pics once built.

flowjoe... I'm jealous. Salida's a cool place.

Fuck you all and the fucking mid winter riding. IT'S FUCKING SKI SEASON GAD DAMMIT.

It's supposed to be nipple fucking deep powder not riding season. Take your bikes and shove them back in the closet with your figure skating outfits and HTFU. Go ski the shitting conditions and bitch about it with the rest of us that are sticking it out like real men.

Oh yeah while I am at FUCK YOU in your skank pussy La Nina.

It's like not getting laid for awhile... someone is a bit cranky without their pow fix I see.

La Nina has been good to us here in Utah. Although I'm about done with this January dry spell. Apparently it snowed a foot or so last night though...

It rained about a foot or so in the last week out here...

Riding and building make it tolerable but fuck me if I wouldn't like a pow day. Hell, snow that doesn't resemble a white razzleberry slurpie would be nice.

Okay I may have added some for dramatic affect in there.

But fack the winter riding.

Shirk, I've maintained a bit of balance this season. I've been getting some quick rides in the am during the week thru december, then skiing on the weekends. La Nina has provided Colorado with mild and sunny front range weather, and plenty of mtn snow. Its been good.

This just came in the mail for me today. It is not going to help the cause though.