Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    All these discussion s without even knowing who we are in real life devolve into stereotypes. To think the Durham area with chapel hill, duke, nc state, and other large teaching institutions is more racist then Oklahoma in the 60’s is patently false. I’d be pissed if some redneck asswipe put kkk flyers in my mailbox today, but to single out an individual incident is ridiculous. In comparison to an era of outright lynchings and school desegregation issues like the other places you mentioned. Hell Boston had those same issue into the 70-80’s.
    It's happened three times in the last five years.. at least.. Fact is, the current divided climate and landscape has brought them out from under the rocks they were hiding under in the 90s. It wasn't worse back then than it is now... Only now it's the police doing the "lynchings" with their guns and choke holds.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

All these discussion s without even knowing who we are in real life devolve into stereotypes.
    maybe if NC stopped being on the forefront of passing racist and sexist laws they could drop that stereotype, but as I see it right now racism is very alive and well in Charlotte and the South in general. And all i have to do is point to the latest voter ID restrictions or transgender bathroom ban your legislators have cooked up to prove my point.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    maybe if NC stopped being on the forefront of passing racist and sexist laws they could drop that stereotype, but as I see it right now racism is very alive and well in Charlotte and the South in general. And all i have to do is point to the latest voter ID restrictions or transgender bathroom ban your legislators have cooked up to prove my point.
    It's not just the south anymore. Plenty of racist fuckwads all over, UP Michigan, Boston, Upstate NY, PNW, pretty much everywhere has more than was commonly seen ten years ago.

So on one side we have Nowhere, Generic Suburbia, America. And on the other side we have a racist hell where the Police are gunning people down as a modern form of lynching.

I'm guessing the truth lies in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's not just the south anymore. Plenty of racist fuckwads all over, UP Michigan, Boston, Upsate NY, PNW, pretty much everywhere has more than was commonly seen ten years ago.
    Hold on. The UP? It's like 103% white up there. IAS to the white courtesy phone, paging IAS.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So on one side we have Nowhere, Generic Suburbia, America. And on the other side we have a racist hell where the Police are gunning people down as a modern form of lynching.

Charlotte's nowhere near "the middle".

Hold on. The UP? It's like 103% white up there. IAS to the white courtesy phone, paging IAS.
    https://michigansup.fandom.com/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

The racist skinhead Nazi fucks love it where it is all white. See, for example, north Idaho and northwest Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Charlotte's nowhere near "the middle".
    I'm confused by this.Charlotte's city council is 100% democrat. Not a single republican is elected. The last few mayors have been female and female african american, the police chief is african american.
    Are you insinuating they are far right manchurian candidates doing the evil binding of a few racist Strom Thurmond types left over from the 60's?
    Some of you need to get out more. Idaho is a bastion of nazi skin heads. There's a 60 page thread about the most racist city in america and its Portland. It was the TGR beloved Red Sox that were the last MLB team to desegregate.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    so using this logic, Michigan, Indiana, Rhode Island and Wisconsin are Southern. Because they have voter ID laws long before NC. It cracks me up the number of limousine liberals that make assumptions on broad swathes of people when you yourselves live in almost all white enclaves in an incredible white sport in mountain town that are like 100% white.

The Hillary's Nuts coalition should have happened.

The Hillary's Nuts coalition should have happened.
    I think we can all agree on that

so using this logic, Michigan, Indiana, Rhode Island and Wisconsin are Southern. Because they have voter ID laws long before NC. It cracks me up the number of limousine liberals that make assumptions on broad swathes of people when you yourselves live in almost all white enclaves in an incredible white sport in mountain town that are like 100% white.
    You know there's truth to it or you'd just laugh is my take.

I’m not racist, I know a black person.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

bullshit

to the "knowing a black person" part I mean

Slogan for the new “Visit North Carolina” campaign.

bullshit
    No really, he’s a long time Warriors fan and everything, lives in Oakland.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

sure

they can both be the same place.

whoa. trippy.

I live here. It’s full, sorry. Look elsewhere.

Transplants living in suburbia with developers pushing out long time residents who have no idea what the hell is going on as another chili’s is built at the interesection.
    People who like Chili's tend to suck...

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...

You’re welcome.
    I still call it The Jake.