Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210225_114713.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	364848

I'm on step 2 getting one of these installed. Will hunt April cornii for beer.

Name:  Ck106.jpeg
Views: 691
Size:  110.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    There a bunch of them dropping gear on double chutes south of I90 about halfway between spokane and elk heights yesterday when we were driving west.
    Yakima Training Center is pretty much everything between I82 and the Columbia south of I90 and north of Hwy 24. There's also an AF training area over by Moses Lake that gets less use, though that's N of I90

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Name:	20210225_114713.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	364848

I'm on step 2 getting one of these installed. Will hunt April cornii for beer.

Name:  Ck106.jpeg
Views: 691
Size:  110.6 KB
    Nice dude,
    Looking fierce! Heal up quick!
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Nice dude,
    Looking fierce! Heal up quick!
    I'm the anti-fierce. Atrophied and gripped with fomo. But stoked for a phat spring & summer, too.

Any bbi alums gonna be up in the AM? Considering making the drive.

Tonight was both awesome and a little frustrating. Arrived around 6pm with snow falling. Didn't seem to be snowing hard, but ended up being 1" an hour. Soft chop all over the mountain with a few stashes in the 6"-7" range. Not nearly as windy as forecast. Reasonable lines (better than last night).

At 8pm they close off the traverse for avalanche danger. I've seen that plenty. Ski down to the lift and they announce they are closing all of Armstrong for avy danger. Never seen them close Debbie's for that. Shuffle over to Sessel to keep going. Get to the top and liftie says it's last run and their closing Sessel for avy danger. Never seen that before. What would run to put Sessel in danger? Then on Twitter, they say Armstrong is closed but Sessel will keep running. I bolted after they shut all the lifts. Seemed weird to shut it down an hour early when it wasn't really snowing that hard. I'll take patrol's word for it and I'd rather have them be cautious, but they way it rolled was really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Tonight was both awesome and a little frustrating. Arrived around 6pm with snow falling. Didn't seem to be snowing hard, but ended up being 1" an hour. Soft chop all over the mountain with a few stashes in the 6"-7" range. Not nearly as windy as forecast. Reasonable lines (better than last night).

At 8pm they close off the traverse for avalanche danger. I've seen that plenty. Ski down to the lift and they announce they are closing all of Armstrong for avy danger. Never seen them close Debbie's for that. Shuffle over to Sessel to keep going. Get to the top and liftie says it's last run and their closing Sessel for avy danger. Never seen that before. What would run to put Sessel in danger? Then on Twitter, they say Armstrong is closed but Sessel will keep running. I bolted after they shut all the lifts. Seemed weird to shut it down an hour early when it wasn't really snowing that hard. I'll take patrol's word for it and I'd rather have them be cautious, but they way it rolled was really odd.
    Agreed. You worded it perfect. Was out with Abe having a great time when we ran into same chaos. Although we both noted that the first few runs we had around 630 were softer then the last few when the snow seemed to take on an almost grainy-ash like consistency, it was a bit strange. In any event. Pass was packed snow down to about 2100-2200 feet and snowing down to about 1900. Reckon tomorrow is gonna be awesome or frustrating or both. Regardless, great night
    Ranger approves

Name:	6606E734-5AE5-4E74-805D-537BB0FB6B61.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	670.2 KB 
ID:	364908

Name:	3E4B812A-638F-427F-8F22-9EA3B98AB901.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	554.6 KB 
ID:	364909
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Yeah that's lame. There is zero avy exposure on Sessel. Not much on Debbie's either, but can't say the same for Ingrid's and it's probably too hard to draw that line. Anecdotally I can't remember seeing debris on chicken shot, though it's certainly steep enough.

Sessel? That's nuts. I left around 6:30 and, yes, the graupel they'd been receiving was sluffy but that seems extreme. I predict an 11am start for armstrong manana.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I predict an 11am start for armstrong manana.
    I bet you are right. 1 hour delay currently....

Howling pretty good yesterday, great storm skiing.

Name:	20210225_123543.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	364947
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Does anyone know if hyak is still regulating parking in the morning?

I wonder how long it took franklin falls to find an outlet through the debris pile.

Chair 2 still closes at 3pm? Couldn't find it on the website anywhere.

3:30.

That franklin falls slide was almost a catastrophe and big lawsuit on WSDOT's hands. There's a video of hikers maybe 20 feet from being buried as the slide came down.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    3:30.

That franklin falls slide was almost a catastrophe and big lawsuit on WSDOT's hands. There's a video of hikers maybe 20 feet from being buried as the slide came down.
    According to a guys YouTube video a wsdot worker yelled down and told them all to clear out of the way. Two didn't quite heed the message so well, but that's their fault.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    According to a guys YouTube video a wsdot worker yelled down and told them all to clear out of the way. Two didn't quite heed the message so well, but that's their fault.
    This must be the . you can skip to about 3:55. Holy shit.

Does anyone know if hyak is still regulating parking in the morning?
    As of last weekend, yes. Can only assume they still are

Just getting here for another evening session. Absolute nukage.

It was pretty damn nice today for the few hours I got in. Strange with the chairs not running. But great snow and short lines.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It was a great first day. Getting there early turned out to not be a great call given the lift did not load until 1030. First tracks down skiers right of the quad, then the line for two. Not untracked as it had been loading for about 10 mins, but a couple nice runs skiers right. Highlight was being just uphill as patrol flipped the sign into snake dance. Glorious. Clearly much to learn as there appears to be many lines to discover.

I’ll be in boots and on line between 9-10, expecting another delay I presume if the nukeage keeps going. look for gumby. Shout Jeff

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Idiotic choice, yes, but I'd think the standard should be a little higher than yelling down from the freeway when you're heli-bombing with the exact intent of creating 7 foot deep full-path slides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post
    It was pretty damn nice today for the few hours I got in. Strange with the chairs not running. But great snow and short lines.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Which chair 2 line were you in?

But wow that was a fabulous day. Such good snow. And skis touching the ground above Rollen in February, amazing.

This is also one of the only times I can remember the cascade traverse being cut in and then subsequently lost mid-season.

Name:  IMG_0800~3.jpeg
Views: 414
Size:  109.0 KB

^^Nice!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Stuck on 90 heading home after the best night of my year. Nukage stopped around 6pm and it was only light snow with wind fill. Soft light snow all over the lower mountain. Awesome skiing all night long. Bigger lines until 8pm. Soft snow had me and my son getting sendy, though nothing like some of you guys. So much fun. Back to nuking at 9pm. Tomorrow is going to be so good. Will probably be at Hyak in the morning and then to Alpy to shut it down.