Page 1545 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... LastLast
Results 38,601 to 38,625 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    Since the start of the pandemic, hospitals have seen more mental health emergencies among kids. Between March and October 2020, the percentage of emergency department visits for children with mental health emergencies rose by 24% for children ages 5-11 and 31% for children ages 12-17.Dec 2021
    Been there twice with our high schooler followed by extended nvoluntary stays. It's still more important for things to be shut down (including schools) IF unvaxxed idiots are slamming the emergency and intensive care units at unmanageable rates. It's a tough lose lose decision but if folks got jabbed and wore masks in public we wouldn't HAVE to shut so much stuff down.. Thank you and fuck off anti vax and anti mask shitheads..

Kid's definitely doing a LOT better back in brick and mortar school. They all wear masks and vax required for all extracurriculars. Hope they can keep that going, but if 20% of teachers are out it shuts down again..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Been there twice with our high schooler followed by extended nvoluntary stays. It's still more important for things to be shut down (including schools) IF unvaxxed idiots are slamming the emergency and intensive care units at unmanageable rates. It's a tough lose lose decision but if folks got jabbed and wore masks in public we wouldn't HAVE to shut so much stuff down.. Thank you and fuck off anti vax and anti mask shitheads..

Kid's definitely doing a LOT better back in brick and mortar school. They all wear masks and vax required for all extracurriculars. Hope they can keep that going, but if 20% of teachers are out it shuts down again..
    Agree with this...100%.

I wish my kids school district would require vaccination for extracurriculars. Although I'm in Oregon i'm in part of the state where the FREEDUMBS seem to have a lot of sway.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Agree with this...100%.

I wish my kids school district would require vaccination for extracurriculars. Although I'm in Oregon i'm in part of the state where the FREEDUMBS seem to have a lot of sway.
    I'm just so sick of the selfish antivax idiots saying "what about the children" when they really only give a fuck about themselves and the inconvenience of vax and masks to themselves. Yes, my kids definitely suffer.. but it wouldn't be nearly so bad if those anti idiots would just grow the fuck up..

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey, I finally have some POSITIVE Covid news!

yeah, my test came back positive. Tell me something I don’t know.
    Heh, thats a good one.

I mean that is bad news but good line

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Sorry mang, weird moment, right? Hang in there. Good excuse to stay in bed a few days. I didn't hate it.
    ^^^This (until taste/smell went bye-bye for a few days - that was just weird). Lost about 5 lbs - so thats good

Signed up to give blood next month. I never tested positive, had my usual on and off year round sinus and cough issues. My son has recovered, however he has a lingering cough. It's slowly getting better. We'll get him checked if it continues much longer. He's back in basketball. Covid of course went through the whole team. There are two players left still out or uncleared to return. Home game tonight after 3 weeks of cancelled games. I'll watch the stream. No way am I gonna go sit in the gym.

I need to give blood anyway. They'll probably ship it to where there is more demand for a blood type much more common to south and central Asia. What's a white as rice guy like me doing with this blood type? Mongol Hordes is the most likely explanation.

Letter to the editor today, whats the big deal. people die, right.
    The biggest problem I have had with the COVID virus infection is a lack of discussion that is based on science instead of emotion. I would like to provide some numbers for your consideration. The two year period from January 2020 till Jan. 4, 2022 produced the following totals. Total confirmed infections 57,300,000. Total deaths 829,000. Undoubtedly a large number. However it means nothing unless we put it in perspective. The third number is our population 321,000,000.

Let me put it in percentages. Confirmed infections are 18% of our population. Deaths are 1.5% of infections. Deaths are also .26% of our population. That means that the odds of dying from viral infection are extremely low. I do not fear for myself or those whom I love. 66% of my family has had COVID-19 and are well. We are all vaccinated and are doing fine. Our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones.

More numbers. Deaths from heart disease 2021: 659,000

Deaths from cancer 2021: 599,600

Deaths from COVID-19 2021: 414,500

To my fellow citizens. Treat this infection as we have treated others in the past. This infection is not the fault of anyone. Due not turn this into a divisive emotional debate. We are truly in this all together. No one person caused this infection and no single treatment is going to make it go away. The most important thing is to set an example for our children. Show them how to respond to world issues. Show them what risk assessment is because they must do that the rest of their lives just as we have done.

Do not instill fear but do instill knowledge. In the annals of future history it will only be a footnote. What future students will study is an example of how not to handle an infection.

Douglas Mawhinney

Gallatin Gateway
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I think that guys letter is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Fate and luck excluded, are those deaths the result of your own life choices or someone else's? COVID deaths are higher due to selfish choices to not protect others from our own sometimes poisonous breath. Refusing vax and masks is like driving around knowing your vehicle might not have brakes. People dying from cancer and heart disease is way less preventable than people dying from COVID is..

I think his biggest takeaway is the last paragraph and how badly bungled the management of this has been handled, the politicization.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Riddle me this.... I've made no attempt to understand and I'm not going to and I won't believe anything that would help me understand because I already know what I want to believe which is why I will ask leading questions that seem to back up my position if you don't engage your brain.
    Ooooh! I love riddles! I know this one! The answer to the riddle is that you are an arrogant stubborn fucktard.

One more thing, does somebody know how long the rest of my vaccines I received as a kid are good for? I may need my boosters.
    You need Tdap, Flu, Shingles, Polio and Pneumonia depending on your age and travel plans. That's not counting the vaccine series you already got 3-4 shots of as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I'm just so sick of the selfish antivax idiots saying "what about the children" when they really only give a fuck about themselves and the inconvenience of vax and masks to themselves. Yes, my kids definitely suffer.. but it wouldn't be nearly so bad if those anti idiots would just grow the fuck up..
    This far into the debacle it’s still astounding to me how fucking selfish people are.

The Daily podcast by the New York Times yesterday did an interview with a Chicago Public School teacher, who by all accounts sounded like a reasonable, thoughtful, well-spoken adult. But his reasoning for voting to continue in-person classes when the student body and the faculty are massively riddled with covid was this: “I’ve had covid and I’m vaccinated so I feel reasonably safe being in school”. No consideration was given for others that might not be in the same situation as him, he couldn’t look outside himself at all. Fuck.

I think that guy thinks that taking binary outcomes (Dead/Not Dead) is somehow scientific. There is a whole host of outcomes between dead and A-OK. Let's start with people feeling sick, missing work, going to the doctor, going to the ER, being hospitalized, ICU, having severe complications or Long COVID. Over 6 million hospitalizations from COVID! Without the vaccines and other interventions that would be over 10 million!

And then we have indirect deaths and consequences. All the consequential things that were done to help keep the system from being overwhelmed came with great personal and economic cost. People who had delayed care causing poor outcomes because COVID took up the ER or hospital beds or delayed their surgery. Those aren't counted in the stats directly, but are absolutely part of the excess deaths.

Speaking of deaths we would likely be at 1.5-1.75 million deaths without the vaccine and costly interventions which would put it in #1 position for cause of death above the author's "no big deal" comparisons to the other leading causes of death of which COVID is still #3. No big deal right?

Except I cannot catch Heart Disease or Cancer from you and those are diseases that take years or a lifetime to turn risk factors into disease. Omicron takes 2-3 days. One might ask which disease is occupying half the ICU beds? Or one might ask when before COVID has one disease ever occupied half the ICU beds?

So yes, let us be scientific and rational about this and not cherry pick factoids to match our preconceived desire to say "no biggie."

The part I agree with is "What future students will study is an example of how not to handle an infection" though I doubt it is for the same reasons they think.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    This far into the debacle it’s still astounding to me how fucking selfish people are.
    and unashamedly with zero self-awareness as they bitch about all the societal & infrastructural shutdowns

The last sentence in that letter to the editor is prime example.

“What future students will study is an example in how not to handle an infection.”

#muhrights
    #butnotmuhresponsibilities
    Last edited by ::: :::; 01-14-2022 at 10:34 AM. Reason: quote corrected

Our neighboring county thought it was a good time to end indoor mask mandates. Positivity is 36% and incidence is 1557 per 100k.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/eagl...ate-next-week/

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Our neighboring county thought it was a good time to end indoor mask mandates. Positivity is 36% and incidence is 1557 per 100k.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/eagl...ate-next-week/
    1557/100k/7d is down significantly from the Omicron Eagle peak... but it matches the previous all time peaks in previous waves for Eagle.

How's Pitkin doing with that 3600+/100k/7d?

Of the three, Summit was the last to reinstate the mask mandate. We peaked where Pitkin is... but I actually don't quite get why Pitkin is still where it is.

I do think it was a bit premature of the Eagle board to do that. I would have waited another 2 weeks.

Meanwhile the Front Range is all "Ehrmegahd! Crisis! We have to come up with a process today!" despite being warned about this for a month by the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Huh, the dumbass letter writer doesn’t know how we treated past pandemics? That’s surprising.

That's gotta suck man. Sorry. Hang in there, and I hope things improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    We peaked where Pitkin is... but I actually don't quite get why Pitkin is still where it is.

Probably because mask wearing is basically nonexistent in Aspen, a good portion of the workforce comes from areas that haven't had indoor mask mandates in place for a year, and free PCR testing is still widely available in the RFV.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Probably because mask wearing is basically nonexistent in Aspen, a good portion of the workforce comes from areas that haven't had indoor mask mandates in place for a year, and free PCR testing is still widely available in the RFV.
    I think it has to do with the amount of testing going on and the fact that the population statistics are not accurate during the winter season.

Or it could be the Omicrondola, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Proof that islands are the solution.
    The Americas are an island if you zoom out far enough.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, like you, he didn't make any point at all. Just sort of puked out some random stats and was too chickenshit to take a proper position on the matter.

Everybody has had chance to get vaccinated. Old people or unhealthy people should definitely get vaccinated. 94% of the people who have died of covid have 4 or more comorbidities. Those people which such conditions should take a bunch of precautions. The vaccination doesn’t stop the spread. Cloth masks don’t work for omnicron, they are just theater. We are all going to get covid. If your still uncomfortable stay the fuck home. The rest of us have a life to live. That’s my stance.

Huh, teletech lies again.