Page 280 of 929 FirstFirst ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 23206
    Dropping acid gives one a powerful lust for grilled cheese ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Never been to a Grateful Dead show?
    . . .

they never made it up narth, I can imagine the problems getting a tour bus full of drugs past the CBS

being a deadhead is one of the things you couldnt really do while averaging 50hrs a week for 30 yars

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    whats your position in healthcare
    Scrub nurse

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Magnet or Potato? You choose.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Is the potato magnetic ?

can you still eat the potato ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    can you still eat the potato ?
    I think it's required

Will it work with a dan Quayle potatoe?
    . . .

The potato lobby should be totally on this shit

The potato lobby should be totally on this shit
    Big Potato

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is the potato magnetic ?
    No one knows how magnets works, so the best we can say is: possibly.

I almost spit my wine on the screen

but you know I had that hesitancy thing happening eh

Potatoe also works. Just remove the 'e' before eating.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Scrub nurse

so are you advocating for unmasked surgeons?
    if so whats the benefit?
    this is a current topic for me as i recently had my supraspinatus & infraspinatus reattached
    the pre surgery cleaning and prep I was required to do was a little over the top, IMO, compared to what was requested of me 2 years ago for my ACL replacement

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    We had a vaccinated employee test positive last week. Our recent in office days had overlapped.

Plus my wife had been flying for work.

So we just both did the Ellume home test.

Damn slick technology: Load app, instruction video, bluetooth connection to analyzer, step by step instructions on app - nose swab, dip in magic liquid, five drops of that into analyzer, 15 minutes for (negative) results. Email & text of results.

A positive result would instantly update national statistics by zip code.

Impressed.
    Can't they just scan the chip in your arm from the shot?

I also had a co-worker tell me his wife tested positive. Sounds like a fairly moderate case, with fever, cough and sore throat. But that was last week. Hopefully that was the worst of it. He's self quarantining now. Luckily wasn't exposed to him. I hope he decides to get the shot now. He's in a high risk category too. Trying not to browbeat my anti-vax co-workers but this kind of stuff just makes me SMH.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Can't they just scan the chip in your arm from the shot?

I also had a co-worker tell me his wife tested positive. Sounds like a fairly moderate case, with fever, cough and sore throat. But that was last week. Hopefully that was the worst of it. He's self quarantining now. Luckily wasn't exposed to him. I hope he decides to get the shot now. He's in a high risk category too. Trying not to browbeat my anti-vax co-workers but this kind of stuff just makes me SMH.
    As I mentioned the positive colleague was vaccinated. To be allowed back into any of our offices we are required to show proof of vaccination.

Now to go back into that office if you'd been in there the previous 14 days before his positive test... requires proof of a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

if so whats the benefit?
    this is a current topic for me as i recently had my supraspinatus & infraspinatus reattached
    the pre surgery cleaning and prep I was required to do was a little over the top, IMO, compared to what was requested of me 2 years ago for my ACL replacement
    I’m not advocating unmasked scrub personnel. A mask is for our protection and they protect the patient if you were to cough or sneeze directly in the wound.

As far as the prep for your shoulder surgery, the bacteria in your armpit is nasty, more so than what you find around your knee.

As far as the prep for your shoulder surgery, the bacteria in your armpit is nasty, more so than what you find around your knee.

Smells own armpit ......... Checks out!

I’m not advocating unmasked scrub personnel. A mask is for our protection and they protect the patient if you were to cough or sneeze directly in the wound.

I was required to put on clean sheets (and clean cloths, duh) plus spread this shit, hibiclens, on me the night before

PS- On-Q nerve blocks are awesome
    PPS-cant my pit germs travel to my knee?
    PPPS-armpit masks?!

I was required to put on clean sheets (and clean cloths, duh) plus spread this shit, hibiclens, on me the night before

PS- On-Q nerve blocks are awesome
    PPS-cant my pit germs travel to my knee?
    PPPS-armpit masks?!
    Hibiclens, chlorahexadine, is pretty standard home pre op prep these days.

Hibiclens, chlorahexadine, is pretty standard home pre op prep these days.

Yup. I love Hibiclens.

Great for cat scratches and other superficial wounds. Also good if you get bumps from shaving just don't get it in your eye. Obviously I'm not using it on my face but once when I was applying it to my underarm I got a splash that ended up in my eye - not good!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/u...mid=tw-nytimes

VA now requiring vaccination. You go girl.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Ugh, the most frustrating thing of this entire pandemic: the politicization of personal healthcare decisions and emergency public health management. Fuck 'em.
    The issue of personal rights vs societal benefit is a legitimate topic of discussion. It's long been accepted that people can be quarantined or otherwise restricted or required to undergo treatment for infectious diseases. That doesn't mean it will always be accepted. Unfortunately what we've been enduring for the last year plus is not a discussion.

if so whats the benefit?
    More a question of what's the harm. Just like wearing a mask in a store. Wearing a mask in the OR doesn't bother anyone. Most of us would feel naked without it. It doesn't seem worth arguing over. The problem is that while there is no good evidence that they help there is no good evidence that they don't--so given the low cost and risk they are likely to be around for a while.

Why gloves in the OR? Because William Halsted's scrub nurse (later his wife) couldn't tolerate the carbolic acid hand washing so she wore gloves before she washed. From there the practice spread.

Maybe we shouldn't flippantly use the word 'hoax' during a pandemic. Related: dying isn't the only potential negative outcome.

"An Alabama mom who firmly believed the coronavirus was a hoax regrets not getting her family vaccinated after Covid killed her autistic son."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...Rly?li=BBnbfcL

"The mom said that after leaving the hospital she could not drive or work until late May and remains on pulmonary therapy. Carpenter told the paper she is still suffering from fatigue, hair loss and 'covid brain.' "

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/u...mid=tw-nytimes

VA now requiring vaccination. You go girl.
    More of this please. Why isn't my kid's high school doing a vax requirement? This is California. Schools around here have been set up to require MMR and other vaxes since forever. Cut the shit already and do what needs to be done; this isn't Texas or Florida or some other run-by-morons state. Offices: Get the knuckledraggers out of there; they WFH'ed for many months and can do it for some more months if they can't get on board with what they need to do. And let the rest of us breathe even easier. Restaurants and bars: Step it up, because if you don't and numbers come back up, your indoor dining's going to get shut down again (or if it doesn't, people will stay home again regardless).

Oh, and here's Chris Christie, informing us that the snowflakes he speaks for are "willing to be vaccinated... [but don't because] they don’t want to be indoctrinated". Being non-stupid counts as indoctrination these days? I guess it's come to that.