Page 723 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 26889
    How the fuck could the market have any sort of stable trend line after 08 and about seven years before that?

That article says Baltimore is underpriced

I say all ye maggots need to invest there. Lol.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    ...My other teams...
    Huh??

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Just barely, according to the numbers, and it's correcting hard.

House we rent was bought at auction for 80k three years ago, we could have bought something similar two years ago for about 120k. Last year, a 'developer' bought the shell of our immediate neighbor for about 110k and sold the reno for 180k. Another reno on our block just finished and there are two more that are current.

West side, occasional drug related shooting a block or two away in front of the two corner stores. Not uncommon for there to be a car jacking at gunpoint about five blocks away in the newer development. They're about to break ground just north of the UMD Biopark on another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Cum shot “tee hee, it’s black, I got ‘em!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Cum shot “tee hee, it’s black, I got ‘em!
    Wow. You are a racist fuck.

You would fit right in in Boise.
    . . .

The housing theory of everything.

https://www.worksinprogress.co/issue...of-everything/

"The most dramatic evidence of housing scarcity can be seen in price rises over the past forty years. Average New York City metropolitan area house prices are up 706% since 1980 (or 376% more than US consumer prices, and 326% more than US wages). For San Francisco the rise is 932%. London house prices are up over 2,100% in that period (or around 1,500% more than wages). Prices in Sydney, Australia, have risen by 1,450% (compared to hourly wage increases of 480%). In Ireland, prices have risen by about 800% in that period, driven by rises in Dublin in particular. Rents show similar, but less extreme, trends, because they are not directly affected by interest rates.
    These prices range from about twice to four times the cost of building new homes of equivalent specification. This wedge, between build costs and house prices, is a rough proxy for how much extra cost is being driven by restrictions on new building.
    By contrast, almost every other household product has become better and less expensive since then. Compared to 1975, the number of hours a median American worker would have to work to buy a television fell from 60 hours in 1975 to 7 hours in 2013; to buy a fridge-freezer, it fell from 65 hours in 1975 to 20 hours in 2013; to buy a manual exercise treadmill, from 18 hours in 1975 to 6 hours in 2013; and to buy a washer-dryer, from 67 to 30 hours. Even cars are three times ‘cheaper’ in terms of hours worked on an average hourly wage now than they were in 1964. And none of these estimates accounts for how much better most of these products are now than they were in 1975"

I'm gonna build a house out of TV's.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How the fuck could the market have any sort of stable trend line after 08 and about seven years before that?
    Well, by definition, the trend wouldn't be stable with the '08-'10 housing slump. That's what the smoothing algo's are for. Bottom line, as you have pointed out is that housing costs related to a bunch of consumer goods and wages is way out of whack.

Invest in RE and not consumer electronics.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I don't know. I wish I could go back to 2000 or so and buy Apple for 20 bucks (before the splits).

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The housing theory of everything.

https://www.worksinprogress.co/issue...of-everything/

"The most dramatic evidence of housing scarcity can be seen in price rises over the past forty years. Average New York City metropolitan area house prices are up 706% since 1980 (or 376% more than US consumer prices, and 326% more than US wages). For San Francisco the rise is 932%. London house prices are up over 2,100% in that period (or around 1,500% more than wages). Prices in Sydney, Australia, have risen by 1,450% (compared to hourly wage increases of 480%). In Ireland, prices have risen by about 800% in that period, driven by rises in Dublin in particular. Rents show similar, but less extreme, trends, because they are not directly affected by interest rates.
    These prices range from about twice to four times the cost of building new homes of equivalent specification. This wedge, between build costs and house prices, is a rough proxy for how much extra cost is being driven by restrictions on new building.
    By contrast, almost every other household product has become better and less expensive since then. Compared to 1975, the number of hours a median American worker would have to work to buy a television fell from 60 hours in 1975 to 7 hours in 2013; to buy a fridge-freezer, it fell from 65 hours in 1975 to 20 hours in 2013; to buy a manual exercise treadmill, from 18 hours in 1975 to 6 hours in 2013; and to buy a washer-dryer, from 67 to 30 hours. Even cars are three times ‘cheaper’ in terms of hours worked on an average hourly wage now than they were in 1964. And none of these estimates accounts for how much better most of these products are now than they were in 1975"
    That’s a lot of typing for people who refused to recognize one of the other factors for housing cost - construction worker productivity hasn’t keep pace with other sectors for decades.

That’s a lot of typing for people who refused to recognize one of the other factors for housing cost - construction worker productivity hasn’t keep pace with other sectors for decades.
    Reading FastFred's posts, and I can see why.

Depends on the product. I work a couple of projects right now where from excavation to landscape takes about 14 weeks.

OTOH I have a bunch of custom homes that will take 30 months to complete and then another 3-12 months to finish landscaping. These are $ 700-1000 p/sq ft and 10K sq ft that the owners seem in no hurry to move in to as long as it is ready by Christmas, of what year remains to be seen.

The former are pre-framed in a shop, the walls show up on a trailer and the roof is on in 3 days. The latter are built from as scratch as possible including portable mills on site for the timber work.

They are all expensive.

A decent carpenter can pull down good money these days.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Toured this home a few weeks back - Price has been dropping like a stone. RE market definitely has turned down here in Bend, so for those mags who feel like they missed out, now's your chance!

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/2734-...5fbnVtYmVyPTA=
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Toured this home a few weeks back - Price has been dropping like a stone. RE market definitely has turned down here in Bend, so for those mags who feel like they missed out, now's your chance!

I feel like Magnum's Ferrari should be parked in the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I feel like Magnum's Ferrari should be parked in the driveway.
    The only problem is getting it up the driveway, which needs to be repaved. All the carpet flooring needs to be ripped up and replaced. Kitchen gutted and redone. Same for the bathrooms. New paint job. So for about $250k in remodel work, you can have a nice looking house, with awesome views.

But, I'm guessing if the owners had listed that house 3 months earlier, they may have gotten some offers. Seeing lots of over priced listings cut prices by $100k here in Bend.

Explain nail guns. Seems like a huge productivity improvement.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

<snip> Kitchen gutted and redone. Same for the bathrooms.
    Just curious - why does this need to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No range hood.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    No range hood.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Reading FastFred's posts, and I can see why.
    hey know just cause I came home to burn one and post on tgr I think today is going to be a 10k day of waste I hate days like this

this is true all kinds of computer nerds and tech people are trying to make the construction industry cutting edge
    ain't gonna happen
    now these guys have phones they play on all day like they are some desk jockey
    the amount of fucking around is painful

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, for starters, because I said so. But seriously, the kitchen is dated. Counters are tile, The cabinets could be refinished, but then you have refinished cabinets that look like they belong in a tract housing, and not befitting of someone who has a Ferrari in the garage. Plus, new state of the art appliances are a must.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...163709297.html

Remote listings attracted 41.8% of Bend residents’ applications for jobs featured on LinkedIn. And on the list of larger metros, out of a total number of job applications from Cape Coral, Fla., residents, 33.1% were for remote work opportunities.

The places where residents expressed the strongest interest in remote work are also popular vacation destinations. “Your cost of living goes down, but the beach is closer,” said George Anders, LinkedIn’s senior editor at large. “For a lot of people this is just a better deal. You live where you want and then you look for work somewhere else. And thanks to laptops and Skype and everything else you’ve got the ability to stay connected and get a job that could be a thousand miles away from where you’re living.”