Page 1403 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 ... LastLast
Results 35,051 to 35,075 of 46046
    Jeezus... I'm still traumatized by a paper wasp-in-the-pajamas incident from *decades* ago. All brought back in crystal clear focus by this tale.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If I had a SIL and a cousin's wife, I really don't think I would give 2 fucks about them.
    No doubt they wouldn't give 2 fucks about you either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Missing my connecting flight because the cleaning crew was 2 hours late getting the plane cleaned.
    Did you volunteer to clean the plane. No? Then quit your complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    As a gentile am I allowed to say Mazel tov?
    Since I married a blond shiksa, our son is marrying a shiksa, and the officiant is Universal Life Church ordained--I'd say sure, why not. And thank you. (In California the marriage license has special instructions for online ordained officiants--I guess too many people who thought they were married weren't, because the "minister" fucked up the paperwork. Fortunately one of the guests is a real minister who can help out if need be.)

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    The combination of smoke and heat annoys me. 85 degrees in the house at midnight, 50s outside but if I crack a window the house fills with smoke. Can't pre-cool in the morning either. Never felt the need for AC before since even on the hottest days it cools off quickly at night but looks like I'm headed there (at least a portable unit in the bedroom).
    Hottest and most humid summer here that I've seen in 30 years--second worst is not even close.

oysgetseykhnt nayes!!

(Not about the heat. And yes, I googled that…)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Damn, that has bike wreck written all over it.
    I've eaten shit mountain biking when a wasp got into one of the vents in my helmet and stung me. I was already wobbling about when I felt something get in the vent (I always assume its a gigantic insect with murderous instinct) but when it stung me I basically gave up and started taking the helmet off before stopping fully. Ended up bloody with a swollen melon, great day.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    yellow jacket
    Fixed it for you.
    Any sentence that refers to yellow jackets and that doesn't involve them dying, preferably horribly, is definitely shit that annoys you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I've eaten shit mountain biking when a wasp got into one of the vents in my helmet and stung me. I was already wobbling about when I felt something get in the vent (I always assume its a gigantic insect with murderous instinct) but when it stung me I basically gave up and started taking the helmet off before stopping fully. Ended up bloody with a swollen melon, great day.
    I had a yellow jacket fly up my shirt once while mid-jump at I Street. I instinctively pulled my hand off the grip to swat it away, then realized "HOLY SHIT I JUST TOOK MY HAND OFF MY HANDLEBAR WHILE AIRBORNE!" Thankfully I re-acquired the grip before the landing. My first, only, and hopefully last one-hander.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Since I married a blond shiksa, our son is marrying a shiksa, .
    Now, now even we goyem know that it's matrilineal except for recent divergence.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    oysgetseykhnt nayes!!

(Not about the heat. And yes, I googled that…)
    Thanks. I think. Yiddish was the language my parents spoke when they didn't want us to understand, so I don't speak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Now, now even we goyem know that it's matrilineal except for recent divergence.
    Yep. My son and any of his kids will not be allowed to emigrate to Israel. Which is fine by me.

Yep. My son and any of his kids will not be allowed to emigrate to Israel. Which is fine by me.
    They can always move to Rockland County.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yep. My son and any of his kids will not be allowed to emigrate to Israel.
    I find that amusing.

I have one Qbks file that simply will not upload to our company Google drive. I can upload it to my personal drive, 365, etc., but the main company drive will not take it; it says it’s finishing, then restarts, over and over. Been happening for a week. Grr.

The car dealership service department has had my car since 7/30. Originally, they called several times to tell me the part was on order, but didn't know when it will arrive. Now, I think they've given up as they quit calling.

Will they be making my monthly payment? What good is a warranty...if you can't get the darn thing fixed? I'm getting really, really annoyed (Yes, I know...COVID...that doesn't make me not annoyed).
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

People vaping in my house annoy me. Challenging me to call them out and let shit get awkward.

Challenge accepted motherfucker. I thrive on awkward.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    People vaping in my house annoy me. Challenging me to call them out and let shit get awkward.

Me in that situation:

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Me in that situation:
    Right? Under what circumstances would someone start vaping inside your home?

Seriously. Or who would be at someone’s house and be pissed if politely asked to smoke outside

I still call it The Jake.

It's fucking August.

^^^
    That shit has always annoyed me. Wish them a Merry Christmas while you're at it.

And are those strawberry plants next to the jack o lanterns?

If you are gonna go backpacking, check the fucking weather. And if a torrential downpour ensues, just wait it out and turn back when the rain lets up. Don't try to cross a flooded creek.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    If you are gonna go backpacking, check the fucking weather. And if a torrential downpour ensues, just wait it out and turn back when the rain lets up. Don't try to cross a flooded creek.
    LOL, please tell us you aren't backpacking in this monsoon from Fred. Flash flood warnings all over the Blue Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

My MIL came to visit a few weeks after our baby girl was born. She started hitting the vape in our living room right there with baby. WTF! I was totally shocked. I never felt comfortable leaving her alone with our baby after that. Not in my house, never again.

They recently moved a few states away, which is unfortunately a relief in some ways.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    LOL, please tell us you aren't backpacking in this monsoon from Fred. Flash flood warnings all over the Blue Ridge.
    It was not me, but a solo 17 year old in the Gorge. He had hiked the Profile Trail on Grandfather two days ago and decided he was gonna give the West Rim trail a try beginning yesterday morning. He called for a rescue by mid-afternoon. Sketchy creek crossing is made and we hiked him out. He is fine, just a dumbass.
    swing your fucking sword.

You'll need to get used to checking the fire and smoke reports in MT. Nothing worse than walking into a conflagration.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Shit that annoys you

Went online to buy my campus parking permit last week. The permit for lots near dorms had sold out within 18 hours. The only other permit available is for a lot a mile away. I must now walk a mile to get to my car.
    Blessing in disguise. Forget the car man. Don’t be the guy with a car.

I had so many close calls in undergrad that were due solely to the fact that I was driving round when I shouldn’t have been. One bust would have been a massive pain in the ass and may have even put me out of school. Property was damaged on more than one occasion.

Freshman year I was right next to campus so parking was a huge bitch. I got a spot on the roof of a neighboring private dorm garage. Took 20 minutes to go get the truck and get it out even though it was a block away. I used it way less. That was better.

Not saying you’re as stupid as me, just saying, one less fucking thing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!