Page 72 of 419 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 10468
    What bottleman said^^^^^^^^^^^ I SECOND THIS MOTION.^^^^^^^^^^

Now back to the circle of life====== SKIING
    Last edited by mtnbiker/boarder; 11-19-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    always forward but never straight

Fuck does it need to snow!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Fuck does it need to snow!
    no way man! the pistes are all-time icy right now! viva la piste!
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

FlatNshallow..... Much appreciated gesture....I also have an extra pair pant, jersey(new) to small for my body built by Budwiser and poss elbow guards.
    VTF...your outfitted now get a bike.....
    always forward but never straight

Fair enough. Nobody says we need to agree, but that doesn't mean we can't both be right. :-)

I feel strongly about NOT "hiding" where my favorite non-area zones are. I am stoked to be in them, they are public land, and as such I want to share that with others. Several of my friends and I disagree strongly on that point. I suspect we are each right in our own ways, and certainly in our heads, but there it is. No hate necessary, and none taken.

Good god, my word count is perilously approaching Rog's.... I better go back to work.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    Anyway, as a closing remark (and to answer to your question), I'll simply link to a comment by another old-timer who i'm sure would like to do more than internet-punch me in the face sometimes... as much as he and I tend to disagree or be at-odds on many issues, his snarky comment from a few years ago sums up my thoughts exactly. (PS: is it weird that I often find startlingly prescient tidbits in old VTF posts that are making the exact point i'm trying to make?)

That explains perfectly why you'd take issue with legit and well-versed official operations going on at established ski areas. Thanks for clearing that up.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    ne else but I am getting pretty goddam sick of the downward-spiraling dynamic in here. Fkna, I have so much fun when I get together with a bunch of mags like this weekend at K, the jaunt to WV, etc. but I am getting SO sick of just the supersaturation of shitty attitudes and social undertow that are staining every goddam page. It makes me sick that you debbie downers even got me irked for 3 whole seconds with your misplaced emotional crap. It's like I stepped in shit whilst on a beautiful scenic stroll or something. Why are you even here??? Nevermind, don't answer that. I don't care. 'Tis the season for my ignore list to blossom. Oh well.

Oh- and yes, I was wearing the onezie when I wrote that. Blow me.

Finally, to my peeps I saw/skied with this weekend, it was a blast. Can't wait to get into the meat and potates of this season with y'all!
    the summer sniping season should be done by now.
    seems to me this place is full of way too much (unwanted) information.
    the nail salon comparison is perfect.

was awesome to ski til the legs hurt this weekend, great to bump into the mags and non-mags that made the days great.

when i get out and ski and hang, this thread seems that much more lame.

folks should find outlets for their snipey internet shit and save their better selves for here.

and for anyone considering doing kmart (lookin at you vt-free) DO IT! i got to skylark well after it opened and must say the soft turns and big soft bumps could almost pass for the real deal...til the shade arrived.

the no-snow-in-my-backyard set hasn't bought new gloves or goggles yet.
    yesterday i left skylark in search of the crowds...the trail count went up another few this morning...

And now for some real stoke!!!!

Anyone who wants to check out what all the Bowl Buzz is about, a Jump On It deal is coming out.... $23 full day tickets to the Bowl! Go to WCAX.com tomorrow and look for the jump on it deal of the day. I think the max is five, but as an FYI, this price would buy you 20 days for about the price of a pass...

So much for getting back to work, but I just got the e-mail.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Global warmingz is extending the snipe season as well. Good to see some de minumis Kmart stoke, at least we know there's something a foot in the EC ski world. Hey, MTBB, I cried in my pillow last week when you didn't call. Beers????? Stoked to get up there next month. I'll be using all my magical powers to get something going snowwise. I predict nukage the weekend of Dec 8..........
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    ground floor page... just here to say i was there..
    i wanna a t-shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    It's gotta be a Long Tee...xlarge
    70 pages later and you're still whining for a shirt!?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    the summer sniping season should be done by now.
    seems to me this place is full of way too much (unwanted) information.
    the nail salon comparison is perfect.

was awesome to ski til the legs hurt this weekend, great to bump into the mags and non-mags that made the days great.

when i get out and ski and hang, this thread seems that much more lame.

folks should find outlets for their snipey internet shit and save their better selves for here.

and for anyone considering doing kmart (lookin at you vt-free) DO IT! i got to skylark well after it opened and must say the soft turns and big soft bumps could almost pass for the real deal...til the shade arrived.

the no-snow-in-my-backyard set hasn't bought new gloves or goggles yet.
    yesterday i left skylark in search of the crowds...the trail count went up another few this morning...
    fucking vagitarian.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    70 pages later and you're still whining for a shirt!?
    Wait, we're getting shirts? Damnit, I want one. Make mine large. And i want it in heather gray. Not that flat gray. The heather, damnit.

While all you healthy fucks, with good backs were out scraping and smiling on good ice, I was crawling around on ice cold rocks doing the one cool kids thing I can. Top roping on slabs at Pawtuckaway is better than Xbox though.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

This time of year is great, skiing empty mountains and catching big fish.

We were super impressed with Smugg's new snow making capabilities. Money well spent.
    Thanks to HA for the shots.... my buddy Nick and Bo skimming the notch

My friend Rhine with a some nice champlain chrome.

Thanks to Vinman for making me a pair of his skis! It was almost painful drilling them.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    fucking vagitarian.
    no worries buttah, we know your sniping comes from your better self

bad light but the beer can on the car roof pic was for you. a pretty good chocolate stout but won't keep me from hauling brooklyn black chocolates in my pack, just not as many

cans are the skiers best friend.
    and, hell yes i caught the 'moo thunder'!
    woot

and those fucking 'dead sledz' are the dopeness!
    do want.
    crab in my shoe mouth

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Wow. Just. Fucking. WOW.

That explains perfectly why you'd take issue with legit and well-versed official operations going on at established ski areas. Thanks for clearing that up.
    actually it does. you STILL need ANR approval for any improvements over or near 2500 feet... public or private. established or wilderness... just be careful. all i'm sayin'
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

The whiteroom skis are sick. They look sooooo much better in person then in the pics also..

I like turtles.

Dude! Sweet!

Rog will you shut the fuck up already? JGB is 100% NOT POW. This isn't your goddam nail salon, so stop flapping your fucking gums like some gossipy, spoiled bitch getting a mani/pedi for her sweet 16, mmmkay? Nobody cares. Make yourself somewhat useful and tell another story or anecdote from your good 'ol days back in 'EleventySix when a stripper accidentally ground one of her herpes scabs off onto your moustache or something.
    lighten the fuck up pretty boy. maybe you and yer gheygb friend should hang here, i believe you're aware of it, fucking whiny cunt:https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-ONLY-thread!:) cry there all you want........and put me on ignore like gheygb. mkay?

anyway, another beautiful sunny november ski day in the western mountains of maine. with the HSQ running i was happy to spend 3.5 hours lapping lovely packed powder snow. the lighting was fantastic in many areas and the trail sides yielded deep forgiving turns in the bumps and berms that were left unmolested by the grooming crew. the vibe was great and everyone seemed happy with the pre-turkey day conditions and coverage.

turns, turns, turns. good day for the muscle memory.

72 pages and still brown ground town, ain't it something?

rog

This place is getting craptacular....

This time of year is great, skiing empty mountains and catching big fish.

We were super impressed with Smugg's new snow making capabilities. Money well spent.
    Thanks to HA for the shots.... my buddy Nick and Bo skimming the notch

My friend Rhine with a some nice champlain chrome.
    SICK! Woot woot, way to get after it...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    This place is getting craptacular....
    it's everything we make of it. no one is innocent

As far as BC work, you guys all make good points, but I'm nominating Weasel for the job in the DC... Secretary of State.

In honor of the NE season and all the areas now opening!:

Last edited by BigDaddy; 11-19-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!