Page 131 of 167 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    What are the collectives thoughts on a 2018 Polaris 800 Pro RMK with a 174 track? Any issues with that year? How about the track? Any disadvantage for being so long?

I know nothing. Looking for something to sled ski off of and maybe brap a little bit.
    That’s a good sled. How many miles? They need a “top end refresh” at around 3,000. Also much more prone to overheating on groomers than SkiDoos. If you have a lot of groomer riding to get to the alpine, it may be a a consideration. Polaris is the KTM of sleds. Everything is optimized for experts, including reduced weight (e.g., less coolant, and no forward cooler). Most likely sled to make you prefer sledding to skiing, from what I’ve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Probably not the chain case. More likely broken secondary clutch rollers or something else wrong w/ the secondary. Was that what was recently serviced? Don’t mess w/ the chain before checking that out. Is the belt sitting at the right adjustment? If not, it’s very likely an issue in the secondary.
    Thanks! will check that first. It’d make sense. Clutch alignment was done but not sure if that’s the secondary.

Probably not the chain case. More likely broken secondary clutch rollers or something else wrong w/ the secondary. Was that what was recently serviced? Don’t mess w/ the chain before checking that out. Is the belt sitting at the right adjustment? If not, it’s very likely an issue in the secondary.
    Agreed. If pulling over the engine is engaging the track, then I'd first look at the clutch. Had to replace the rollers on my 2011 XP last winter. Not too hard, maybe a 6 monkey task, but a couple of the right tools help bigly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF0F1942-0005-4411-964A-8F2841F036C3.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	541.3 KB 
ID:	348167

If they did clutch work, the likelihood is the f’d something up putting it back together. If it was done by a dealer they should warranty their work. “Stuck in gear” is definitely the clutches. Chain is passive to engine inertia (works or doesn’t). If the primary is grabbing the belt w/ the engine off, it’s it’s probably that one.

Work was done by shop for previous owner. It would have to be a very generous shop to warranty that. How long ago was the service?

If you have the time and curiosity, you really should learn and get comfortable working on your own sled...

That’s a good sled. How many miles? They need a “top end refresh” at around 3,000. Also much more prone to overheating on groomers than SkiDoos. If you have a lot of groomer riding to get to the alpine, it may be a a consideration. Polaris is the KTM of sleds. Everything is optimized for experts, including reduced weight (e.g., less coolant, and no forward cooler). Most likely sled to make you prefer sledding to skiing, from what I’ve heard.
    Good info. Apparently it's got less than 200 miles (seriously). Seller is asking $10k USD

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Good info. Apparently it's got less than 200 miles (seriously). Seller is asking $10k USD
    For the length question, I have a 175 ski-doo and love it. Yeah it’s over kill on low snow days, and on hard pack it’s not great, but when there is snow, and when you are doubling or tripling, it’s awesome. 3 friends went out and got 175s this fall because of how easy it was to sled ski off it. I will say I didn’t ride on the spring at all, had to go back to work, and I’ve heard the longer tracks aren’t great for spring mornings when it’s hard.

That price, and that many miles, if it has any warranty left on it, that’s a great deal. One thing to consider, if you are in Eastern Idaho, Rexberg Motor Sports has their left over 175 Ski-Doos marked way down. I think it would be less then $2k more to get a new sled. Extending the warranty would add a few bucks on, but it’s a thought if it’s in the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks fellas. Will call shop that did the work and see what they say. I’ll report back and likely be getting hands dirty.

Skidoo 175 are all 3 inch paddles and all 3 inch paddles are a bit of a pain to keep cool in spring early morning missions. Worth it for the deep part of the season. Heard Polaris has a 2.75 paddle that is great in 2021

WTB: Looking for my first sled this winter. Mix of slednecking and sled skiing. Located in central Colorado, and can travel for the right deal. keep an ear to the ground for me. Thanks mags. Trying to keep her under $10k.

If they did clutch work, the likelihood is the f’d something up putting it back together. If it was done by a dealer they should warranty their work. “Stuck in gear” is definitely the clutches. Chain is passive to engine inertia (works or doesn’t). If the primary is grabbing the belt w/ the engine off, it’s it’s probably that one.
    So, pulled the belt and sled starts right up. This narrows it down to chain case or secondary. Again, loud knocking from non clutch side before failure. Any simple way to deduce if it’s chain case or secondary before going into chain case and hoping to find something obvious? Thanks!

Was the belt sitting in correct position on both clutches before you pulled it? You can check chain integrity by spinning the secondary by hand. Tip it on its right side or use a bumper lift to free up the track. By the sound of it, I’m guessing your clutches weren’t releasing the belt when you let off the throttle. Nothing in the chain case should cause it to be stuck in gear. Chain transfers power from secondary to track. All of drive power goes through the clutches. If you shine a light into the slots in the helix in the middle of the secondary, you should be able see if the rollers are intact.

Thanks wapow!

Quote Originally Posted by powcom View Post
    So, pulled the belt and sled starts right up. This narrows it down to chain case or secondary. Again, loud knocking from non clutch side before failure. Any simple way to deduce if it’s chain case or secondary before going into chain case and hoping to find something obvious? Thanks!
    Possible the belt lost a lug and is about to detonate under load. Inspect belt.

Thanks. Belt is brand new dealer did this when serviced right before I bought it from fella.

Thanks for the help fellas. Primary clutch bolt super bent. They must not have tightened it when the inspected it all.

That had to be caused by somebody beating on it, when using it as a clutch puller, which you should never do. Hopefully no damage to your crank. If yo
    Throw a new bolt on there and the problem goes away, you should be good. If not, I’d be reaching g out to whoever you bought it from.

The skidoo engines often fail at that crankshaft seal behind the primary. That seal might have gotten damaged. Have them check when they fix the damage from their service mistake.

Interesting turn of events, I need to sell a sled.

2019 Ski-Doo Summit XP 175 Shot
    Expert Skid Plate
    350 miles (I’ll double check when I get home)
    Two years of warranty left, and you have the option to buy another year or two.
    $11,500

Bought it as a left over last October. As you can see from the miles, I didn’t ride that much. I’ll throw up some pictures when I get home next week.

Located in Jackson, WY

Maggot snowmobile thread

Ugh. Rarely a good turn of events when a sled of this age is sold unless it’s for an upgrade. Best of luck with the sale.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Ugh. Rarely a good turn of events when a sled of this age is sold unless it’s for an upgrade. Best of luck with the sale.

Sales for an upgrade. Do I need a new sled? Nope. Do I really need to sell this one? Probably. Will I be able to get 50% of what this sled can do out of it? Tbd, not actually sure? Will I smile ear to ear as the turbo go wooossshhhhh!!! Yes, definitely a yes.

Nice! Congrats on the upgrade!

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Cheaper than upgrading the wife.

Maggot snowmobile thread

Thanks. Was back and forth on the idea all summer. The whole my sleds a year old (well technically 2 but only ridden for one since I got it as a left over), it doesn’t have many miles, but turbo noises are cool. I was going to upgrade the suspension if I kept it, and upgrading to a turbo wasn’t that much more, or that’s what I keep telling myself.

Also keep an eye on the For Sale thread for a ski fire sale sometime next week. Can’t justify so many skis any more.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Also keep an eye on the For Sale thread for a ski fire sale sometime next week. Can’t justify so many skis any more.
    Any mags know skibrd in person that can swing by and do a wellness check on him?
    Very concerning post.