Help me build a bike park!

Ok mags, I need your help...

In order to get my hands dirty and build a rad public bike park for the Twin Cities bicycling community my buddies and I are searching for funding.

Bell Bicycling Helmets has selected Cottage Grove Bike Park as one of four finalists in the central region of the Bell Built Grant, thats $33k in grant funding!

This project is built, funded, and maintained purely by volunteers and donations, with the full support of the local community and a year of digging under our volunteer's belts we are well underway to opening the completed portions (roughly a third) of the park later this spring.

We are currently battling back and forth for first place, changing positions daily, this will come down to a handful of votes!

If you want to give Minnesotans like me a place to dig and play while drowning their midwest lack of mountain misery then hit http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt and vote for Cottage Grove Bike Park, make sure to click the link in the confirmation email, and check the box to not receive promotional emails from Bell!

Each valid email address counts as a separate vote, so break out the work email, old college address, and even those ones you use for "spam" sites...

Promises of stoke to follow, it wont all be spam!

please share, promote, follow, anything helps!

https://www.facebook.com/cottagegrovebp
    http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt
    https://twitter.com/cottagegrovemn

Cottage Grove Bike Park

Presents: Bell Built Grant

Voter Incentive Program

Cottage Grove Bike Park would like to thank our voters with a series of increasingly amusing incentives as the votes come in.
    Stay tuned and check in along the way as we rally support for the Bell Bike Helmets Bell Built Grant.

We hope you enjoy!

Vote for Cottage Grove Bike Park at http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt

First Incentive, 1000 Votes = Pie to the face (Chances that is...)!!!

Second Incentive, 2000 Votes = Chance gets 10 spins around the dizzy bat, 20 yard dash, and shotgunning a 16oz Monster Energy Drink!

Third Incentive, 3000 Votes = Warren, one of our all star volunteer crew, throwing down in the Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Buffalo Challenge, 12 scary spicy wings in 6 minutes!

more to come...

Vote for Cottage Grove Bike Park at http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt

Get on it!

voted.

voted

it looks like there's a cookie involved too...i tried firing up a second email right after and it doesn't reload the voting page

[edit]second browser did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    voted.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    voted

it looks like there's a cookie involved too...i tried firing up a second email right after and it doesn't reload the voting page

[edit]second browser did the trick
    Thank you!

for extra emails a different browser, clear cache, use your phone, or equivalent should do the trick, incognito/private window might work as well

hope you are enjoying ptown riding, all my buddies back home are out mobbing the trails and im stuck inside spamming for votes, i miss OR...
    gotta make the best with whatcha got though

and a little more stoke...

Fourth Incentive, 4000 Votes = Ice Cream Challenge

Fifth Incentive, 5000 Votes = Cross the Creek...

Vote for Cottage Grove Bike Park at:
    http://www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt

Thank you!

Voted.

Grew up in that area and forever thankful to MORC for introducing me to Leb and re-introducing me to riding bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Voted.

Grew up in that area and forever thankful to MORC for introducing me to Leb and re-introducing me to riding bikes.
    much appreciated!

great to hear about leb and morc, i actually split my dig time between cgbp and leb, i will pass on your sentiments to the guys and gals next trail work tuesday and they will get a smile

im also very thankful to morc, they have welcomed my pnw hippy ass with open arms, and after only a year living in MN i feel like a part of the community

vote please!
    we are bouncing in/out of first, this will come down to just a few votes in the end!

how about some more stoke?

what started as this

with more than a little volunteer effort was turned into this

we do it for these guys

by doing this

and get our funding this way

its sometimes exhausting

but dont stress, even if we win and get some much needed help you will still find me out playing in the dirt

but at the end of the day, its all about this

Last day to vote for us fly-over country mags. Please vote if you haven't.

Go Cottage Grove!

4 more votes. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    Last day to vote for us fly-over country mags. Please vote if you haven't.

Go Cottage Grove!

you coming to toss some dirt some time, or grand opening?

Quote Originally Posted by powking12 View Post
    4 more votes. Good luck!
    Thanks, much appreciated!

behind by 100 this AM, current count is within a dozen...
    voting ends at midnight, slowly creeping back, but will it be enough???

your vote could be the one that wins this!
    come on kids, i know theres some more love in here

Looks like voting closed, and now we wait

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post

you coming to toss some dirt some time, or grand opening?
    I'll get out when I can. Working retail, the build times tend to conflict with work times, and I already have my declared day off for Wednesday nights to work at Carver Lake. However, I should be there for the grand opening, barring, ya know, work.

much appreciated!

great to hear about leb and morc, i actually split my dig time between cgbp and leb, i will pass on your sentiments to the guys and gals next trail work tuesday and they will get a smile

im also very thankful to morc, they have welcomed my pnw hippy ass with open arms, and after only a year living in MN i feel like a part of the community
    Replied to your PM. Best thing about those trails is that it allowed me to introduce my old man to riding, just like he introduced me to skiing. He is hooked and rides ~4 days/week all summer long. So awesome to see my almost 60 year old Dad ripping with a huge smile on his face.

Woo-Hoo! Many jumps will be had by all

thanks for enduring my spam and voting!

hope you all enjoyed your cinco as much as i did

Congrats forty & co!!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Replied to your PM. Best thing about those trails is that it allowed me to introduce my old man to riding, just like he introduced me to skiing. He is hooked and rides ~4 days/week all summer long. So awesome to see my almost 60 year old Dad ripping with a huge smile on his face.
    mucho thanks, hit ya back

glad dad is enjoying the bike, wish my pops would have stuck with it after 55 or so, but i give him props for getting me on dirt as a kiddo and then into spandex at 14, even if it was a traumatizing experience haha

Quote Originally Posted by zombinate View Post
    Woo-Hoo! Many jumps will be had by all
    oh hell yeah they will be

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Looks like you guys won!
    final tally after audit
    cgbp =12,322
    andres =11,424

lead changes daily, 200 vote deficit 24hrs from finish, the god damn waiting for a tally on monday morning, that shit was a stressful 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Congrats forty & co!!!
    Thanks!!!

we wont start working on design plans or select the build crew until the east coast grant is done running, but it sounds like we wont be disappointed with some of the names being tossed around to come out...
    going to be an amazing chance to learn more than a thing or two about digging, almost as stoked on that as the trails themselves!

open invite to all mags, if your in the twin cities and want to check out the park hit me up, also if you have any bro pro hoe hookups who may be interested in checking it out or helping with any sort of promo let me know, we want to get the hype going and make this place the real deal!

its time...
    i will bore you all with details later, but for now, heres day 1 progress

dig dig dig!

its time...
    i will bore you all with details later, but for now, heres day 1 progress

dig dig dig!
    Those lips are looking tasty!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

first things first, thanks to any mag that voted, this wouldnt be happening without the support!

onto the boring business, imba came out a while back, did some poking around on site, and had a chat with us

few months later we get the plan in an email

we then proceed to have a "conversation" with imba stressing our own thoughts, concerns, and desires for the project

that was hashed out and flowride concepts from CO got the call, showed up last monday for a site visit and to wrap their heads around the project, then on thursday it was go time!

day 1:
    starting off with the step down into the big line

slap it as much as you like, but sometimes it just wants to stay soft...

day 2:
    things firmed up substantially, although still soft in spots, had to rip out significant sections of buried black dirt that just wouldnt pack and get more aggressive with our efforts...
    but we got it dialed enough for some test runs into the first hits

day 3:
    by saturday the intro was nice and packed, letting the crew work on getting the next hits lined up for speed and size, small they are not...

testing, or playing?

awesome crew of volunteers for the saturday build, absolutely love getting support from the local community, all those orange buckets are full of sifted dirt from kiddos helping out, slave labor, almost makes me want to have some of my own... but they are cheap to rent

day 4:
    while the big line moves forward its time to get the middle going

and of course more packing, this time we adjusted our approach

gotta keep the refreshments coming

what time is it? i have no idea...

day 5:
    heading back out this afternoon and evening, should have had another thousand yards of dirt show up this AM, fingers crossed its decent quality, shooting for some test riding on the middle line by tomorrow and then turning the corner on the big line

dig dig dig!

day 6:
    well that 1000 yards of dirt was sand... shitballs...
    so we staged what we got and setup the rest of the lines

day 7:
    more packing

more water

day 8:

more packing

more raking

more packing

more testing

a little vid a volunteer threw together of the day

day 9:
    rain, rest, and relaxation day, much needed for pros and volunteers alike

day 10:
    moving on down the line

still slamming lips into submission

day 11:
    video day, buddy came out with some toys to play

teaser i cant make imbed...
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=3&theater

day 12:
    heading back over later this AM, final two days to knock out whatever we can while pros are still in town

friend shot a nice promo for flowride, some great guys building sick trails

get some!