Page 1425 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 ... LastLast
Results 35,601 to 35,625 of 41810
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	376547

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...k-Wuhan-Story/

an artical on why the Lab Leak in Wuhan doesnt hold up
    This article loses credibility right away when he says the Wuhan Lab was unlikely to have released the virus as it was a "Class 4 Biosafety lab with a worldwide reputation". The Washington Post recently reported in 2018 that US Embassy officials visited the lab several times and sent two official warnings back to Washington about inadequate safety at the lab. "The lab lacked trained technicians to operate this high containment laboratory"

60 minutes had a piece last night and while no conclusion we need to keep an open mind. The investigation by the WHO was pretty much a sham, not because of anything the WHO did other than letting China have veto on who came, what they saw, where they went etc etc. China has destroyed much of the evidence and has refused to let the WHO or anyone else do a proper investigation.

damn you can, again, tell who gets their “news” from the repube disinformation spew.

So, dumfucks, China has destroyed the evidence. What proof you gonna find?

X

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    This article loses credibility right away when he says the Wuhan Lab was unlikely to have released the virus as it was a "Class 4 Biosafety lab with a worldwide reputation". The Washington Post recently reported in 2018 that US Embassy officials visited the lab several times and sent two official warnings back to Washington about inadequate safety at the lab. "The lab lacked trained technicians to operate this high containment laboratory"

60 minutes had a piece last night and while no conclusion we need to keep an open mind. The investigation by the WHO was pretty much a sham, not because of anything the WHO did other than letting China have veto on who came, what they saw, where they went etc etc. China has destroyed much of the evidence and has refused to let the WHO or anyone else do a proper investigation.
    doesnt really matter where it came from the main thing is for the republicans to now blame everything on Fauci so the public forgets it was TRump who knew what was going on, still dropped the ball and 600, 000 americans died

I supose you could punish china by refusing to buy the stuff they make ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

And go back to rotary phones and newspapers delivered to your doorstep? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And go back to rotary phones and newspapers delivered to your doorstep? I don't think so.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    says the guy who has never had his newspaper thrown under his car or torn into confetti by a rotary snow plow.

doesnt really matter where it came from the main thing is for the republicans to now blame everything on Fauci so the public forgets it was TRump who knew what was going on, still dropped the ball and 600, 000 americans died

or you know, like don't pay back the loans...?

That will work once, In any case the important thing is now blaming everyone but Trump,

some how it will get twisted around so Trump was the saviour

it was all Fauci's fault so call for his resignation blah blah blah

or isnt that already happening ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's pretty nuts watching some super conservative acquaintances go nuts with a confirmation bias interpretation of Fauci.

And Fuck Trump, but I think he is fading into irrelevance.

Fuck Emperor Xi and the CCP, they are the #1 threat to the US, Western Liberal Democracies, and the free world in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hmmm, report back in May 2020 saying there’s support for a lab leak. If only the president at the time actually started an investigation instead of ranting. Of course it was a classified report so there’s a 100% chance it didn’t get read by said president.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/polit...ort/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    On a related note. While a majority of King County residents are vaccinated, 97% of cases are among the unvaxxed. Being among the vaxxed confers astounding protection against testing positive for Covid. Get your shot, eh?
    Interesting. This implies 98-99% efficacy depending on assumptions about percent of the King County population that is vaccinated (i.e. whether you consider the full population or just 16 and over). It seems likely that the rate of asymptomatic detection is lower for the vaxxed population, possibly due to reduced testing of asymptomatic people who are vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It's pretty nuts watching some super conservative acquaintances go nuts with a confirmation bias interpretation of Fauci.

And Fuck Trump, but I think he is fading into irrelevance.

Fuck Emperor Xi and the CCP, they are the #1 threat to the US, Western Liberal Democracies, and the free world in general.
    Huh, I would have said that Murdoch, Newsmax, and Zuck are the #1 threat to the US.
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 06-08-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Huh, I would have said that Murdoch, Newsmax, and Zuck are the #1 thread to the US.
    Internal vs External threats... but as you should be aware PRC (and Russia) absolutely warp our own media and social media against our interests, mostly to stir enmity and strife to shift our focus away from what PRC is doing and destroy the social unity needed to oppose PRC's march towards world hegemony.

PRC demanded search engines like Microsoft and Google not allow any searches for "Tank Man" on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square... Microsoft "accidentally" also banned searches for US users. That is the future as Xi envisions it for the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Internal vs External threats... but as you should be aware PRC (and Russia) absolutely warp our own media and social media against our interests, mostly to stir enmity and strife to shift our focus away from what PRC is doing and destroy the social unity needed to oppose PRC's march towards world hegemony.

PRC demanded search engines like Microsoft and Google not allow any searches for "Tank Man" on the anniversary of Tiananmen Square... Microsoft "accidentally" also banned searches for US users. That is the future as Xi envisions it for the world.
    Listening to a guy on PBS who was pointing out that in 2016 the Russian created fake accounts and covertly influenced the election. In 2020 they didn't bother hiding that they were the source of the misinformation.
    https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-a...ate=2021-06-03

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Interesting. This implies 98-99% efficacy depending on assumptions about percent of the King County population that is vaccinated (i.e. whether you consider the full population or just 16 and over). It seems likely that the rate of asymptomatic detection is lower for the vaxxed population, possibly due to reduced testing of asymptomatic people who are vaxxed.
    I used odd phrasing "among the vaxxed" to allow various "depending on" assumptions. The vaxxed population has characteristics making them less likely to get sick - better wealth, health, racial identity, housing, etc, and those you mention, and some we forgot or didn't recognize. May also be more likely to hang out with other vaxxed people, amplifying the protective effect.

High or very high efficacy seems fair. I'm also happy with "vaccination works better than we expected a year ago" or "it's miraculous"

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

So the delta variant, fka the double mutant first identified in India….. looks kinda bad. Lower efficacy against Pfizer than other variants. No info(?) related to the other vaxes. Source of the current exponential surge in England….

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    So the delta variant, fka the double mutant first identified in India….. looks kinda bad. Lower efficacy against Pfizer than other variants. No info(?) related to the other vaxes. Source of the current exponential surge in England….
    Interesting when you concider the relationship between China and India
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I was wrong
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 06-08-2021 at 11:47 PM.

England has vaxed the majority with astra zeneca. Biontech works fine (a few % less accordingto preliminary studies ) against delta. Az not so much. That's why you have no resurgence in the Rest of Europe. Because the eu mistly used biontech/Pfizer because the uk Played the uk first card and az did hold back deliveries into the eu. I can't help but feel a little Schadenfreude. Though I hope nobody gets seriously I'll.

I think az still protects against serious illness and death, even if more people become sick.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    England has vaxed the majority with astra zeneca. Biontech works fine (a few % less accordingto preliminary studies ) against delta. Az not so much.
    I’m just parroting what I’m reading here: https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...d-implications

I thought the real world effectiveness data for Pfizer was that it effective against severe illness (hospitalization) from the delta variant, but not mild disease with uncertainty whether those that are fully vaxed with Pfizer will be able to easily spread it.

I’m just parroting what I’m reading here: https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...d-implications

I thought the real world effectiveness data for Pfizer was that it effective against severe illness (hospitalization) from the delta variant, but not mild disease with uncertainty whether those that are fully vaxed with Pfizer will be able to easily spread it.
    Hmm. Im pretty sure I heard/read some biontech spokes person that it wasn't of much concern. Maybe im wrong.
    But the data Shows that the delta has been around 2% here in Germany for weeks without gaining much Traction. As opposed to alpha vs. Wild in january.
    And despite the uk having more contacts to India I don't see big differences in the Population other than the different vaccine.
    Plus: az has been proven to be less effektive against other variants like 1.1351 from SA.

Edit: confused the Jan variants of the Virus
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Good points about Germany and the different vaxes between the two countries. As the author of that blog post that I linked stated, we (USA) have horrible surveillance. That 6% of case rate statistic in the USA could be much higher. I have no idea about surveillance in other countries.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 06-09-2021 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Clarity and typos