Vision surgery after Lasik?

Likely 25+ years ago I was blind as a bat with 20/400 vision. I had Lasik done and after a few months it stabilized at 20/40 & 20/60, so they did a 2nd Lasik procedure to get me to 20/20 in both eyes. Over the years that has pulled back to 20/40 and maybe 20/60 again. I am definitely not 20/20. Reading about procedures, it sounds like a 3rd Lasik procedure is not highly recommended. Has anyone here had PRK done after Lasik, as that is what I am looking at doing. Perfect vision is important to me for surfing and skiing or just everyday getting around/driving and wearing reading glasses doesn't bother me.
    https://www.visioncenter.org/surgery
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I had a lens implanted which has been incredible. Fully reversible/changeable and no removal of tissue. I believe it was called Vision ICL or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Odd. My lasik vision is still perfect after 20 years. Eye not supposed to change that much when you're old. Something else wrong?

Yep, best people ta ask about fucking vision is the dentist. They know about the eyetooth and with the damn eyetooth, they can see every fucking goddamn thing.

a good root canal job should bring your vision back to 20-20.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Odd. My lasik vision is still perfect after 20 years. Eye not supposed to change that much when you're old. Something else wrong?
    Odd. I thought it was common knowledge that lasik corrected vision can change for a variety of common reasons. https://www.healthline.com/health/ey...st#after-lasik

I know several people who had to get it redone. I guess at some point you just say fuck it and wear glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Odd. I thought it was common knowledge that lasik corrected vision can change for a variety of common reasons. https://www.healthline.com/health/ey...st#after-lasik
    There's no age designation in that article. That's a big change from 20/20 to 20/60 for a 60 y/o if it's myopia and it's unusual to get progressive astigmatism too.

There's no age designation in that article. That's a big change from 20/20 to 20/60 for a 60 y/o if it's myopia and it's unusual to get progressive astigmatism too.
    Totally agree with this. Just giving you a hard time for your n=1 data point.

Back when I was trying to find an honest lasik surgeon, I made note of which ones proactively brought up the statistics on needing a refresh surgery down the road.

Did you get it done?

I've thought about it forever but my near vision is perfect and hasn't changed and I don't want to screw that up. I spend more time reading and working on stuff than looking off into the distance so I just wear glasses for distance, they're progressive lenses but the bottom part is no prescription, it works out pretty well.

Something else wrong?
    Ya, to much time spent on a computer over the last 15 years. The question was, anyone done PRK? S69, thanks. I will check into your suggestion.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    I had a lens implanted which has been incredible. Fully reversible/changeable and no removal of tissue. I believe it was called Vision ICL or something like that.

Per the below comments, did you notice an improvement in night vision as mine could use that.

In addition to improved vision, there are numerous benefits of an ICL:

It can fix severe nearsightedness that can’t be corrected with other surgeries.
    The lens is less likely to cause dry eyes, which is ideal if your eyes are chronically dry.
    It’s meant to be permanent but can be removed.
    The lens provides great night vision.
    Recovery is usually quick because tissue isn’t removed.
    People who can’t get laser eye surgery might be good candidates for ICL.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Ya, to much time spent on a computer over the last 15 years. The question was, anyone done PRK? S69, thanks. I will check into your suggestion.
    Computer time and reading should not cause progressive myopia at your age.

Thanks for your 2 cents, dentist to dentist that is.

Per the below comments, did you notice an improvement in night vision as mine could use that.

In addition to improved vision, there are numerous benefits of an ICL:

It can fix severe nearsightedness that can’t be corrected with other surgeries.
    The lens is less likely to cause dry eyes, which is ideal if your eyes are chronically dry.
    It’s meant to be permanent but can be removed.
    The lens provides great night vision.
    Recovery is usually quick because tissue isn’t removed.
    People who can’t get laser eye surgery might be good candidates for ICL.
    No marked difference in night vision for me. A little bit of halo/stars around headlights and street lights at night though. After a couple weeks I didn't notice it. This was all a decade ago, so my night vision was way better back then.

Not for nothing, I got pretty lucky i guess. Have to wear readers (currently at 2.5 mag), but not quite ready for something everyday, all day wear. According to the Dr it's just old age.

I don't care if I gotta lug Coke bottle glasses on my eyes in my old age. My eyes are simply something I won't fuck with. I'm pretty sure we haven't perfected full eye transplants, so until then I'll deal with the hand that nature dealt. I just don't feel good about the fact that there is a chance it could actually be worse after the operation..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Ya, to much time spent on a computer over the last 15 years.
    It might be worth exploring whether you have dry eye syndrome. If you feel eye discomfort after long periods at the computer then that could be an indicator. Blurry vision, which could make it seem like your visual acuity is worsening, is another indicator. Dry eyes take a long time to heal so it's not as simple as using eye drops for a day or two to see if your vision improves.