Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back In The Water

Oy vey!

The other day on my way to the irrigation store I passed two little boys playing in an irrigation ditch like it was a mountain stream. A ditch that had cows standing in it just down the road. Ish. I thought to myself "that can't be good."

CDC issues warning on 'crypto' fecal parasite that can live for days in swimming pools

24% of American say they'd jump in a swimming pool within an hour of having diarrhea, according to a survey released last month by the Water Quality & Health Council.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The bears in the pool video in that link was pretty amusing.

Years ago there was a crypto out break in the Milwaukee area I believe. Less than 20 people died but millions were affected. It was found later that the water treatment outlet was too close to a water intake for a public water plant.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Years ago there was a crypto out break in the Milwaukee area I believe. Less than 20 people died but millions were affected. It was found later that the water treatment outlet was too close to a water intake for a public water plant.
    So even municipalities fail to adhere to codes and statutes? Nice.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

There were other factors involved but in the end, it was contaminated water plant that spread it city wide. They have since taken multiple steps to prevent it ever occurring again.
    watch out for snakes

Chlorinate your own fucking pool
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

...with a hyper-active vomit reflex! Yay!

The CDC does have some amazing infographics on this

Name:  HSS-week-dont-leave-mark-facebook.jpeg
Views: 410
Size:  68.0 KB

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

24% of American say they'd jump in a swimming pool within an hour of having diarrhea, according to a survey released last month by the Water Quality & Health Council.
    I don't see why this is an issue. I don't typically shit my pants diarrhea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

OMG! Hilarious and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't see why this is an issue. I don't typically shit my pants diarrhea or not.

Because your sphincter isn't a ziplock bag and liquids leak plus not everyone is fastidious. The world is full of people and they are all different.

Because your sphincter isn't a ziplock bag and liquids leak plus not everyone is fastidious. The world is full of people and they are all different.
    Well, I don't really see many adults walking around with shit stains on their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well, I don't really see many adults walking around with shit stains on their pants.
    You're just not looking which is probably good but believe me... they are out there.

I was at the King County pool in Bothell (now McMenamins) and the woman next to me in the shower took a dump. No lie. Have also shared public showers with people who pee.

There are also those who practice anal sex that have "issues." I know because a friend who owned a health club use to tell me about having to clean up messes in the shower.

Face it, people are dirty and disgusting.

I was at the King County pool in Bothell (now McMenamins) and the woman next to me in the shower took a dump.
    There in the shower? Jesus.

Face it, people are dirty and disgusting.
    No argument there...

In Iceland they are very strict about people taking a soap shower while naked before entering public pools. I think it's a great idea, but people would never go for it here. I'll admit I never shower before going in the pool despite every pool posting a sign stating that it is required.

There’s a very popular local lake in the middle of town, about 65ha and spring fed with no outlet. There’s a beach party there today for Canada Day. I refuse to swim anywhere near the main beach area because of all the kids (and several adults) that I know are not the cleanest or most considerate. There’s more than a few homes whose septic leach fields I wouldn’t trust either. Except for seasonal turnover, or when the wind is blowing hard, there is no current. I wonder if the beach area water has ever been tested after a day’s use like today.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

Little Suzi has shat the slide.

To be fair uncle Bob looks like he had a spider bark on his face.

Of course it could have been one of the other two kids to foul the faucet.
    watch out for snakes

OMG! Hilarious and to the point.

So your saying Don’t serve Olestra chips at this summer’s pool party.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

damn clicked here thinking this was a JAWS thread....

45 years ago....(June 20) Chrissie Watkins was the first swimmer killed by the Great White. Lots of real life people wont go near the water because of that movie.

Always thought you could make a decent board game out of JAWS. Heres on (without google). Whats the name of the Harbor Master?

watch out for snakes

Local plumber I know who works a lot with public works and consulting was telling me that there's a lot of people who get sick from not having anti-siphon backflow preventers on their irrigation system. This then allows the water from their yard to backflow into the house, carrying dog poop and pesticides amongst other things back into their home water supply. He said it is such a bad problem that anytime there is a food poisoning complaint or something like that, they immediately check the irrigation system and a large percentage of times, that is the problem.

These are new this year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20981.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	287378Name:  IMG_21491.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  70.7 KB

SO why don't they have code to require it?

I've floated an irrigation ditch on a hot day. Probably all kinds of shit, fertilizer, weedkiller in it. I came out.....nevermind, I'm not a good example.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Geez Jimmy, Where were those signs posted? No way I'd go in the water if I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    SO why don't they have code to require it?
    There probably is a code, doesn't mean everyone is going to enforce or follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Geez Jimmy, Where were those signs posted? No way I'd go in the water if I saw them.
    I was gonna say it looks very cape coddish, then I zoomed in and saw town of Chatham