Page 383 of 471 FirstFirst ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 11762
    At Alta on Supreme with 2 guys obviously talking about Catherine’s area (but not naming it) with one guy complaining “good turns but that 20 minute (sic) hike sucked and he can’t do it again”. The other guy turns to me and asked if have been to Catherine’s area. Shake my head and say no. He says – you should go, they just opened it.

The complainer says “They just opened it?! Let’s go there!”.

I laughed out loud and the other guy starts laughing too, the complainer doesn’t know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If someone bashes me with the bar, it's only because they tried to put it down instantly, like before we leave the lift station. In that case I then refuse to put the bar down. I tell them they lost their opportunity to use the bar properly.

It drives me nuts when the lines are minimal, with plenty of empty chairs, and people are like "are you guys two, are you four, can we join."
    I don't want to small chat about Illinois, or about the weather, or "where y'all from". Just wait for your own fucking chair. (and get off my lawn).
    Got bonked by some dude the other day. Turns out he was part of a PSIA conference. Damn poodles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WTf is with people lowering the Bar and not raising it when it comes to unload???

Like you went out of your way to warn me you needed so desperately to lower it to begin with! ...

….then wait for me to raise it for your lazy ass

Like people who wait for you to open ,or hold a Door for them.. I'm not your doorman/as I let the door hit them. We like being polite>we are not the worlds bitch either.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Lol against resort policy to wear other branding.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    WTf is with people lowering the Bar and not raising it when it comes to unload???

Like you went out of your way to warn me you needed so desperately to lower it to begin with! ...

….then wait for me to raise it for your lazy ass

Like people who wait for you to open ,or hold a Door for them.. I'm not your doorman/as I let the door hit them. We like being polite>we are not the worlds bitch either.
    You clearly don't understand the politics of holding a door open. The key is to hold the door open for someone who is fairly far away, so that they will hurry to get to the door so as not to inconvenience you. You have then made them your bitch.

Re bars--I often use them so I can lean forward and rest my spinal cord. Some people get desperate to raise the bar several towers from the ramp. I agree that the person who brought the bar down should raise it, but the corollary is--I brought the bar down, I will decide when to raise it. The other corollary is--by discussing bars we are all gapers. Bars are no longer an appropriate matter of discussion in this forum; so sayeth I. (Talking about safety bars, not drinking bars.)

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

A lot of u could use a healthy dose of compassion. This thread is supposed to be funny, not mean
    Last edited by gimpy; 04-20-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    A lot of u could use a healthy dose of compassion. This thread is supposed to be funny, not mean
    In the interest of funny, this one is worth another look:

LHutz Esq LHutz Esq

Kid at cafe: mom this bag of chips we brought up is all puffed up!
    Mom: DON'T OPEN IT! IT COULD EXPLODE
    6y/o in my ski group: Don't worry I can do it for you.
    Me: don't worry - she really wants to do bomb disposal when she grows up - she's very qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You clearly don't understand the politics of holding a door open. The key is to hold the door open for someone who is fairly far away, so that they will hurry to get to the door so as not to inconvenience you. You have then made them your bitch.

Re bars--I often use them so I can lean forward and rest my spinal cord. Some people get desperate to raise the bar several towers from the ramp. I agree that the person who brought the bar down should raise it, but the corollary is--I brought the bar down, I will decide when to raise it. The other corollary is--by discussing bars we are all gapers. Bars are no longer an appropriate matter of discussion in this forum; so sayeth I. (Talking about safety bars, not drinking bars.)

xd we need to keep the Bar talk to how good the Kamikazi's are being mixed
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

teh -he

not a quote>but super Gaper Move ,I saw after flight back from Taos

Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

…..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

… after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !
    the easiest Troll on a Jerk I seen in years

People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

I know its not Jesus' way -but he got Bullied to Death!

teh -he

Some older(maybe mid 50s)Lady ,Steamrolled by my buddy on the exit ramp of the terminal.

Not unusual, except it was still to thick to move by anyone unless you linebacker attacked them!

I looked over>he's like 6'3 and 230 lbs..not easy to move him> and he couldn't believe it

…..lol; I couldn't help myself...totally started stepping on her shoe heels as she walked (she was totally bogged in traffic right in front of us 2) ,like grade school .. and apologized each time ,very nicely.

… after about Eight times her Heel musta been raw & she was about to attack me ,and get a ticket to jail ; to funny !

People are fun to mess with when they think they can knock random people around and get away with it...love to turn the tables on 'em / Nothin Better than, Bullying a Bully!

LULZ. That's like totally funny.

teh -he

Maybe she just had to take a massive shit?

teh -he

You would just have to take a deep breath and let things go if you wanted to stand in Euro lift lines.

I left a pair of Yaktrax Ski Trax at Squaw when I got hauled off to the hospital in Feb. Gone of course when I returned last week. My new ones just came in the mail. I am totally amped about it! And the best part--they came with a sticker for my skis!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_085347.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	902.3 KB 
ID:	279769

Can't watch without a Facebook account Bunny.

Try linking the Instagram version. It is the same but shareable.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I left a pair of Yaktrax Ski Trax at Squaw when I got hauled off to the hospital in Feb. Gone of course when I returned last week. My new ones just came in the mail. I am totally amped about it! And the best part--they came with a sticker for my skis!

Name:	20190423_085347.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	902.3 KB 
ID:	279769
    100% gaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Can't watch without a Facebook account Bunny.

Try linking the Instagram version. It is the same but shareable.
    Couldn't find it, but found this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDQrhzSM...d=b9hl4q6vbvtt

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    misjudging the ramp... always funny huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    100% gaper
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm super stoked for next season so I can slay some hot car to lodge laps in an icy parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    A gaper may be a jerry but a jerry is not necessarily a gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    misjudging the ramp... always funny huh?

that video made my day.. love that sped check w the right ski as he hit the ramp

Name:	IMG_1704.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	281499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1705.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	281500

Mono blade?

Snowblade? Monoblade?

My GF and I were just starting the skin on Mt Rainier on the way up to Muir camp to ski some mellow corn this past weekend. We are probably 15-20 mins into to the uphill probably 1/2 mile from the parking lot. A couple 20 something Indian guys in jeans and northface puffy jackets are post-holing their way up, just ahead of us. Mind you, its already 45 degrees at 730am, supposed to get up to mid-high 50s with full sun later. As we go past them they are sweating profusely and one of them asks my lady "Is this the way to the top?". She honestly gets confused and asks "the top of what?", and the other one points to the summit and says "we are going to the top of the mountain". My lady kind of chuckles and goes "uh, yeah, i mean this IS the way to the top, we're just REALLY far away from it. Good luck with that guys".

I gotta give them props though, they kept their postholing out of the skintrack, which is more than can be said for plenty of other fully kitted out weekend mountainers up there that day.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    My GF and I were just starting the skin on Mt Rainier on the way up to Muir camp to ski some mellow corn this past weekend. We are probably 15-20 mins into to the uphill probably 1/2 mile from the parking lot. A couple 20 something Indian guys in jeans and northface puffy jackets are post-holing their way up, just ahead of us. Mind you, its already 45 degrees at 730am, supposed to get up to mid-high 50s with full sun later. As we go past them they are sweating profusely and one of them asks my lady "Is this the way to the top?". She honestly gets confused and asks "the top of what?", and the other one points to the summit and says "we are going to the top of the mountain". My lady kind of chuckles and goes "uh, yeah, i mean this IS the way to the top, we're just REALLY far away from it. Good luck with that guys".

I gotta give them props though, they kept their postholing out of the skintrack, which is more than can be said for plenty of other fully kitted out weekend mountainers up there that day.
    Hopefully they made it down safely and had some common sense as to when to turn back. That could turn into a sad story pretty easily.