Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    scooped up "when life gives you lemons" and its fucking solid. First time through with live music, different avenue for Slug, but its pretty amazing. Just expanding the collection.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

I got a sneak peek of the album back in March (still waiting for my store copy to show up).

http://music.ign.com/articles/862/862612p1.html
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

So Atmosphere is coming to the SLC May 16th. Anybody wanna catch the show?

http://atmosphere.ducatking.com/choo...0958&eid=25722
    Last edited by Lonnie; 04-25-2008 at 10:58 PM.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

atmosphere ROOLS.

slug sucks ass.
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    Atmosphere is definitely in my top tier favorites and sees heavy rotation in my deck.

BUT - Greatest ever? Definitely not. Possibly a contender for second or third greatest still living, but KRS reigns supreme without contest.
    You think KRS-One is the greatest rapper ever? HA HA I would give Flo-Rida or some other shitty main stream rapper a shot at greatest ever before i said it was KRS-one with no contest

^^^You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Who the fuck is FloRida? How many albums does KRS have? 20,25? Go crawl back under the rock from which you came from, listen to all of KRS One's albums (including Boogie Down Productions) and then put your worthless 2 cents in.

Oh yeah, been listening to Atmosphere more and more. Slug is no joke, but nowhere near the top of my list.

I don't know if anything pisses me off more than people discovering atmosphere and spewing OMFG best rapper ever!!!!!111111

new tour, starting in boze-angeles april 8th or something (too lazy to look it up right now)

Quote Originally Posted by crookedandrew View Post
    You think KRS-One is the greatest rapper ever? HA HA I would give Flo-Rida or some other shitty main stream rapper a shot at greatest ever before i said it was KRS-one with no contest
    KRS brought intellectualism to hip-hop in a way like Public Enemy.

Comparing him to Flo-rida? C'mon

...but Flo Rida sold 636,000 downloads of his club/dance floor hit "Right Round"...

Smokey McPole Guest
    Dook - it will be hard to find, but you should check out a cat called Lightnin' Rod. He released some stuff in the 70's which predated the whole hip hop scene by a decade. "Hustlers Convention" is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey McPole View Post
    Dook - it will be hard to find, but you should check out a cat called Lightnin' Rod. He released some stuff in the 70's which predated the whole hip hop scene by a decade. "Hustlers Convention" is unreal.
    actually have Hustler's Convention...little known factoid: it's Kool and the Gang backing him up and LR was at one time a member of the Last Poets.

also have this wicked spoken word album with Iceberg Slim laying down some serious pimp steeze.

but way to toss out the classics!

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    ...but Flo Rida sold 636,000 downloads of his club/dance floor hit "Right Round"...
    Good thing I know you enough to know you're being sarcastic.................

I gotta say though, the hook on that joint is ill, but the rapping.....not so much.
    Last edited by BlurredElevens; 03-13-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Good thing I know you enough to know you're being sarcastic.................

I gotta say though, the hook on that joint is ill, but the rapping.....not so much.
    Funny I stumbled upon this thread... I can't keep too much Atmosphere on my ski play list... but I have a few KRS-one tracks and Flo-rida's right round on there.... That right round track is fun for pop-hop. Even has a little break to the beat so I have my b-boy class dance to it sometimes.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

kinda sorta diggin the hell out of atmosphere right now, mix that a bud made, not sure what the hell is on it, started with god loves ugly and kept rockin with a bunch of [never thought i'd say it] really good musical fun rap.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

That's why I got the urge to shoot that pussy clit
    And kill that infant, so what is my intent?
    To show mothafuckas that livin' life ain't shit
    I guess it gets real sick and eatin' bloody clit, the baby killa shit
    Put'em in a grave with an empty 40 ounce bottle and won't even trip
    Cause livin' with tha Tripple-Six
    Ya learn to fuck devil in his mouth and eat the shit out of his bitch
    And I admit: my brain is kinda sick
    But now I'm like J. Dahmer, I'm chewin' up all the evidence
    I killed to cure my fit, the human meat fix
    Bitin' to the skin rips, that sick nigga, so sick
    Livin' dead ever since...

Slick Rick is not even mentioned? thats redonkulus

um, this thread is about Atmosphere, not Slick Rick...

understood, but if youre going to say atmosphere is the "greatest rapper out there" you have to mention all the others. have you not been following? you have to mention other artists to compare in order to decipher whether or not "atmostphere" is worthy. and atmosphere is JUST OK. not even close to greatest. its actually ridiculous to even bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post
    and atmosphere is JUST OK. not even close to greatest. its actually ridiculous to even bring that up.

I'm glad someone on here actually has some hip hop sense!

i love fools spouting "hip-hop" superiority who didn't even bother to read my first post, which stated:

"Okay, that might be going a bit far, but Sean Daly (aka Slug, aka 1/2 of Atmosphere) is one of the keenest MCs on the scene.

He's made a nice growth chart since his debut some 10 years ago, maturing and refining his craft with each effort."

I used the "Greatest Rapper Out There?" in the subject headline to draw people into the discussion. I never actually said that he was the GOAT.

And for the record, hip-hop is a culture, not a musical style. Those commenting on other great rappers (which, btw, I fully encourage), have RAP SENCE, not "hip-hop sense." To have the latter, one would also have to appreciate graffiti, breaking, and turntablism.

I think why I started this thread was because Slug has shown an interesting growth pattern. He started out kind of generic and has made steady growth both lyrically and stylistically. His love of the genre and the culture is apparent through not only his lyrics, but musical stylings.

Too often a lot of great MCs (think Slick Rick, Rakim, LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, and a ton of others) start out great and then seem to lose some of their power and charisma as they continue to put out albums. Quite a lot of the greatest rappers out there came out the gate with thunder and firestorms only to fizzle out the longer they stayed in the game. Slug came out slowly and has built up a steady momentum, improving his skills and character with each successive effort. Sure, he could very well burn out, but to date he has shown a nice growth pattern that few other artists (rap and other genres included) can lay claim to.

Really????

If you honestly think Lil Wayne is good at all just end your life now get it over with. Anything that ever made sense in his flow was written for him, now he just freestyles Autotuned Garbage on decent beats. I like Atmosphere, but not going to try and say anyone is the best. There are different classes or Rap(Hip Hop) Its like saying Fedor Emelianenko is better than Anderson Silva. They both are on top, but will never fight. Also, everyone perceives sound differently so voices beats everything appeals differently to people. Honestly though there is hardly any mainstream rap that is good anymore. I will name the 3 worst rappers of all time........
    Lil "bitchass" Wayne (which I would knock the fuck out)
    Kanye "crybaby" West (Which I would choke the fuck out)
    Soulja "Never be a Man" Boy (Which I would stomp the fuck out)

Theres my 2 cents take it or leave it

Also if you didnt understand my analogy check those fighters out my top favorite MMA fighters.

God Loves Ugly and Lucy Ford EP are rad. Other than that, Atmosphere is pretty hit or miss.

I've seen disturbingly few mentions of Biggie on here:

Honeys wanna chat
    But all I wanna know is where the paaaarty at
    and can I bring my gat?
    If not, I hope i don't get shot
    Better throw the vest on my chest
    Cause niggaz in a mess
    Don't take nuthin but frontin for me to start somethin
    Bukkin and Bukkin at niggaz like I was duck huntin