Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    serious (fast) bicyclists don’t belong on most bike paths

serious (fast) race cars don't belong on most public roads

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We occasionally ride the bike path along the Truckee river on our ancient commuter type bikes--clogged with pedestrians walking on the wrong side despite the frequent signs showing them which side is for walking (facing bike traffic), families with little kids riding several abreast with the kids veering into the opposite lane, people stopped and chatting and gawking in the lane,etc etc. I can certainly understand why a serious road biker would avoid that path like the plague*. OTOH the American River Trail in Sacramento is heavily used by the TDF wannabes.

*I realize that avoiding the plague is out of fashion.

So you're saying that road bikers find it a pain in the ass to avoid slow rolling commuter bikers and kids on the bike path?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    So you're saying that road bikers find it a pain in the ass to avoid slow rolling commuter bikers and kids on the bike path?
    Nothing he posted suggests that. You should probably just admit that you’re trolling

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Speed limits exist on both? I guess you found the bottom of the bottle and the one chest thought for today?

Go run over Sinecure’s

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Nothing he posted suggests that. You should probably just admit that you’re trolling

Everything he posted suggests that, which is why he "can certainly understand why a serious road biker would avoid that path like the plague".

What the fuck is wrong with you?

serious (fast) bicyclists don’t belong on most bike paths
    Speed limits exist on both? I guess you found the bottom of the bottle and the one chest thought for today?

Sounds like you're coming from a really dark place, sunfree.

Everything he posted suggests that, which is why he "can certainly understand why a serious road biker would avoid that path like the plague".

What the fuck is wrong with you?
    By serious road bikers I’m reasonably certain that he meant TDF wannabes, you know, recreational bicyclists. Not commuters you disingenuous fucktard

By "Serious road bikers" I'm reasonably certain he meant adults with spandex suits, shaved unibrows, and stupid hats who like to race each other for pleasure and Skatetown, U.S.A.-style dominance.

TDF wannabees move to Texas to be with Lance, or Wyoming because it's legal blood doping and they can ride their 2000miles/month without having to worry about getting killed in traffic.

By "Serious road bikers" I'm reasonably certain he meant adults with spandex suits, shaved unibrows, and stupid hats who like to race each other for pleasure and Skatetown, U.S.A.-style dominance.

TDF wannabees move to Texas to be with Lance, or Wyoming because it's legal blood doping and they can ride their 2000miles/month without having to worry about getting killed in traffic.
    Thanks for reaffirmation

Serious racers on teams here usually commute to get their miles in

how much does Ohio state pay you to be this fucking stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Serious racers on teams here usually commute to get their miles in
    You must be pals with their Uber drivers to know all this deep shit?

You must be pals with their Uber drivers to know all this deep shit?
    Takes genius level knowledge; regular fucking Mentat here.

Gotta respect when the commuting racers wearing backpacks stuffed with clothes and laptops pass me on the bike path/bike lane going 20+ mph at 7 a.m.

Kinda nice that the bike coalition here did a lot of work to get those paths/lanes set up. Pretty good grassroots biking org: https://www.marinbike.org

T...... Mentat.
    Must ...... not ....... allow ........ high ......... expectations

Takes genius level knowledge; regular fucking Mentat here.

Gotta respect when the commuting racers wearing backpacks stuffed with clothes and laptops pass me on the bike path/bike lane going 20+ mph at 7 a.m.

Kinda nice that the bike coalition here did a lot of work to get those paths/lanes set up. Pretty good grassroots biking org: https://www.marinbike.org

After spending days advocating for asshole road bikers to ride the roads next to the bike paths, you link to the Marin county bicycle lobby and then pretend you know what's in some asshole road biker's backpack?

Peel away the onion, and there's just an angry little child who would rather ride on the roads than the bike path. That's all any of you are.

You gotta admit he has a point there. Don't just assume there's a laptop in those backpacks. The polite thing would be to carry tools and spare brake pads for every brand of phallic diesel "truck" since they know they're going to be wearing those suckers out.

^^^ You’re cracking me up! Don’t ever change, Dude. (By the way, try reading. It’s fundamental!)

It’s great to get off the computer and talking with people IRL. Amazing what information they share.

Some other bike coalitions doing work, like Colorado:

Denver/Boulder
    https://www.bicyclecolorado.org/advo...boulder-metro/

Hey, HA I see that Alaska dropped from #29 to #33 in bike friendliness. That because of you? Good work!
    https://akpedbikealliance.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You gotta admit he has a point there. Don't just assume there's a laptop in those backpacks. The polite thing would be to carry tools and spare brake pads for every brand of phallic diesel "truck" since they know they're going to be wearing those suckers out.

The polite thing is to ride on the bike path, instead of the road right next to it.

Some other bike coalitions doing work, like Colorado:

Denver/Boulder
    https://www.bicyclecolorado.org/advo...boulder-metro/

Hey, HA I see that Alaska dropped from #29 to #33 in bike friendliness. That because of you? Good work!
    https://akpedbikealliance.wordpress.com

You know shit's legit when you find it on a .wordpress site... Do they have a map of all the taxpayer-funded bike paths in Denver and Anchorage?

The polite thing is to ride on the bike path, instead of the road right next to it.
    Even when it is occupied by people walking dogs and herding their children along the way? Sheesh, sounds stupid to me but I'm not as smrt as you.

Here’s a link to Seattle bike info:

https://www.seattle.gov/transportati...m/bike-web-map

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Even when it is occupied by people walking dogs and herding their children along the way? Sheesh, sounds stupid to me but I'm not as smrt as you.
    And what are they supposed to do when they come across a truck that needs assistance with a pad swap, walk across to help??

despite what mommy told you, politeness of others isn't there to satisfy your selfish personal convenience