Page 1351 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 ... LastLast
Results 33,751 to 33,775 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Dumping in Denver again. Always hope these late winter spells drive people to move away.
    It'll 70 and sunny this weekend. Think again.

Dumping in Denver again. Always hope these late winter spells drive people to move away.
    Nothing is stopping the swarm. Leave the Front Range while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nothing is stopping the swarm. Leave the Front Range while you can.
    It’s the truth. My friend owns a number of rental properties and put one up online last week. Within a couple of hours, he had 40 applicants, from all over the country.

The midwest and east coast have far shittier winter weather than CO could ever produce. Baffling that some people think a couple snowstorms, a stretch of cold temps or whatever would deter a transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The midwest and east coast have far shittier winter weather than CO could ever produce. Baffling that some people think a couple snowstorms, a stretch of cold temps or whatever would deter a transplant.
    Seriously. The weather today? It's like that for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT in Rochester (the taint of NYS)

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Seriously. The weather today? It's like that for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT in Rochester (the taint of NYS)
    Agree, but it’s more like 5 months.

I was just looking at total snow for the Summit and Eagle ski areas. Except for Breck at 267”, everyone is/was around 210”-230” for the season. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Agree, but it’s more like 5 months.
    5 months and you see the sun twice

I was just looking at total snow for the Summit and Eagle ski areas. Except for Breck at 267”, everyone is/was around 210”-230” for the season. Brutal.
    The new set of 30 year climate averages is going to be released in a few weeks (1991-2020, versus the 1981-2010 data in use), and it's going to be interesting to see how average precip figures have changed in that time. The new normal is going to be a whole lot warmer and drier than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I bet the real estate is a bargain, though, right??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D2DF4D0-4003-4525-AC0B-7B401FD68421.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	372406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A56C4563-7A33-4DE2-B39A-9FE5126B1F87.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	372407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	813829BF-952B-4C72-B0DA-4C88C965277D.jpg 
Views:	6076 
Size:	364.0 KB 
ID:	372405 Snow was good in CO on tuesday

It’s the truth. My friend owns a number of rental properties and put one up online last week. Within a couple of hours, he had 40 applicants, from all over the country.
    Every single remote worker can fuck right off. There I said it.

Only good part about em is they spend full retail on any piece of gear.

Meanwhile, WP/MJ at 334" and counting. Come on April-uary, keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Copper was fun today. Completely empty. In and out of heavy snow squalls that would dump an inch in 30 mins, then full on bluebird for 20 mins till the next squall. Fun mountain weather.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Every single remote worker can fuck right off. There I said it.

Only good part about em is they spend full retail on any piece of gear.
    do you need a end of season hug?
    oh I agree too, fuck ski town work from homers I'll take a second home owner texan any day

Been wondering for the last year, but can’t find an article anywhere...anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned construction project on the N side of Winter Park. Looks like Grand Park condos, but unclear why they would be moving full steam ahead elsewhere and walk away from a single project. Contractor not get paid and walk off the job?

Either way...Prime piece of real estate considering they are building condos up and down 40 for the last few years.

Was anybody and Copper, WP or Abasin today? Did it get warm and make the snow go to mank? Considering my options for tomorrow with Abasin being most likely.

softened up at WP per buddy, I'm heading to Copper tomorrow since closes Sunday.

Me and the kiddo heading to Winter Park tomorrow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Been wondering for the last year, but can’t find an article anywhere...anyone know what the deal is with the abandoned construction project on the N side of Winter Park. Looks like Grand Park condos, but unclear why they would be moving full steam ahead elsewhere and walk away from a single project. Contractor not get paid and walk off the job?

Either way...Prime piece of real estate considering they are building condos up and down 40 for the last few years.
    Clark Dickscumb is a shit bag. The town of Fraser doesn't know what they are doing. Anymore questions?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Was anybody and Copper, WP or Abasin today? Did it get warm and make the snow go to mank? Considering my options for tomorrow with Abasin being most likely.
    Is it the last week in April? Are the remote weather stations broken? Does a bear shit in the woods? Honestly, it skied about how you think it would, aspect and elevation dependent. Pocket beers and a good attitude should take care of ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Clark Dickscumb is a shit bag. The town of Fraser doesn't know what they are doing. Anymore questions?
    Hahaha. I know some things.

It snowed again today and it is snowing at my house right now. Spring time!

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Hahaha. I know some things.
    Drop the knowledge!

Here is what I know generally. Fraser required that Grand Park be a mixed used development. Residential makes money. Commercial sucks in this county. Develop said, "sure, whatever you want" then hired some bottom of the barrel honky tonk outfit to start on said abortion and work at whatever pace costs the least amount of money.

It was pretty evident from day one they didn't know what they were doing. The concrete is the ICFs is compromised because the forms were full of ice when they poured in the winter. Dicksumb claims he is waiting on some forensic engineer to give him a report. There was some kind of deadline that passed on 1/1 but there hasn't been anything said publicly since. In the mean time, both Fraser and the County continue to issue him permits for other projects because town councils, money, realtors, COVID, WFH, mountains, Colorado etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Drop the knowledge!

Here is what I know generally. Fraser required that Grand Park be a mixed used development. Residential makes money. Commercial sucks in this county. Develop said, "sure, whatever you want" then hired some bottom of the barrel honky tonk outfit to start on said abortion and work at whatever pace costs the least amount of money.

It was pretty evident from day one they didn't know what they were doing. The concrete is the ICFs is compromised because the forms were full of ice when they poured in the winter. Dicksumb claims he is waiting on some forensic engineer to give him a report. There was some kind of deadline that passed on 1/1 but there hasn't been anything said publicly since. In the mean time, both Fraser and the County continue to issue him permits for other projects because town councils, money, realtors, COVID, WFH, mountains, Colorado etc.
    I'll post it up when I can