Page 1401 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 ... LastLast
Results 35,001 to 35,025 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There's a detection system called a Thor Guard that measures electrical potential in the air. When it reaches a certain value, all of the ground staff go inside. The pilots can't do shit about it. (except explaining it better)
    interesting. i guess golf courses use a similar system.
    swing your fucking sword.

Yeah, it is a great name. Describes what it does perfectly.

I don't know if they sell them to golf courses, but it stands to reason that they would.

I saw some portable unit for sale in a paramilitary supply catalog in the mid 90s. It was geared towards folks transferring fuel. I don't remember anything else about it.

We use those and tesla coils to round up sparkleponies all the time.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Went online to buy my campus parking permit last week. The permit for lots near dorms had sold out within 18 hours. The only other permit available is for a lot a mile away. I must now walk a mile to get to my car.
    That almost seems like a necessary part of the college experience.

Just get a CT90 or anything else and say fuck you all, then slay the poon. And bring a lighter as mentioned.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

When DMV is still by appointment only because of Covid and you don't know that until you show up to renew your registration. The soonest appointment is next week but the reg expires today. The website renewal page doesn't work. In NY you must use the office in your county and there is only one. I'm fucked and have to park it for a week or take the risk of driving an unregistered vehicle.

edit: Apparently the website will not process transactions on Chrome or Android, must be MS Edge and they can't process any transactions on the phone. WTF.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 08-12-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ........The soonest appointment is next week but the reg expires today.
    Seriously??
    Waiting to the last second to get something done at the DMV any time since they invented the DMV ...... less rewarding than Russian roulette.

i think the moral of the story is to take over your dad's business. that is kinda the moral of the story to life, isn't it?
    Why take over the business if he’ll buy you a new Bronco anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There's a detection system called a Thor Guard that measures electrical potential in the air. When it reaches a certain value, all of the ground staff go inside. The pilots can't do shit about it. (except explaining it better)
    I'd imagine working around tall large aluminum objects in a lighting storm poses some additional risk.

We have them at all our sports fields.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    When DMV is still by appointment only because of Covid and you don't know that until you show up to renew your registration. The soonest appointment is next week but the reg expires today. The website renewal page doesn't work. In NY you must use the office in your county and there is only one. I'm fucked and have to park it for a week or take the risk of driving an unregistered vehicle.

edit: Apparently the website will not process transactions on Chrome or Android, must be MS Edge and they can't process any transactions on the phone. WTF.
    I once drove one of our vehicles for nearly a year with expired tags, unbeknownst to me. I'd say just risk it.

Also - what kind of frikkin n00B are you??

Shit that annoys you

One of the things I like about WA is the lack of a DMV. You get your driver’s license at the DOL and you can get your registration through the county auditors office. I’ve never waited in line for registration.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I once drove one of our vehicles for nearly a year with expired tags, unbeknownst to me. I'd say just risk it.
    There's almost zero risk driving it for a week. The wife's tags had been unknowingly expired for 7 months before she got pulled over for it. The fine was only $50 (your jurisdiction may vary). More than 6 months out the cop can impound your car on the spot, but he didn't, because she's a nice looking white lady. I doubt he would have been so accommodating for a latino dude who was all grungy after busting his ass landscaping all day.

I renewed registration on the three vehicles that I own late this summer and they didn’t ask any questions and there was no penalty.

You can’t renew your registration online? Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I doubt he would have been so accommodating for a latino dude who was all grungy after busting his ass landscaping all day.
    The poor tax annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You can’t renew your registration online? Annoying.
    Yes, but I’m a world class procrastinator and a cheap bastard. There’s no fee at the auditor’s office and it’s a mile from my house with no lines.

The credit card fees they charge you to pay online, also annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The credit card fees they charge you to pay online, also annoying.
    Especially when they don't announce them in advance! You get to the final step and see the "convenience fee." Really annoying.

I pay all my taxes online. There's a stiff fee for CC--I assume what the CC company charges them, 2% or whatever--but there's always an echeck option that's free.
    I hope this pandemic never ends so I don't have to take the mandatory road test for license renewal over 70.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I hope they do!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I hope this pandemic never ends so I don't have to take the mandatory road test for license renewal over 70.
    Ha. Renewed mine last year when I was 69, so with Covid, etc., I'm good until 2027.
    My Mom drove until she was almost 90. I should have shut that shit right down.

People who treat their cars like dumpsters are so bizarre. What kind of mental issue makes people do this? Crazy OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    People who treat their cars like dumpsters are so bizarre. What kind of mental issue makes people do this? Crazy OCD?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_syndrome
    swing your fucking sword.

Dude! I needed that info! I've been studying the frontal lobe and issues related to its damage or disfunction this week so that is a coincidence. Really interesting wiki thanks!