• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 295 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    This form and process seems entirely reasonable to me. To paraphrase you, people who aren't fucked wouldn't have a problem being approved.
    It just, it makes absolutely no sense why it seems easier to get a gun than a drivers license or a case of beer (from the outside looking in, I realize this may not be true).

And after things like this happen, the IMMEDIATE dismissal of any sort of gun reform by politicians is bonkers. Like, you could still say "you know what this is worth looking in to" and then just say no later on. But the rush to just dismiss any firearm restrictions.... it's inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    This private citizen seems to have done a better job than the police in Texas in preventing mass shooting escalation. Strange that the media hasn't given it more coverage (bias/narrative?):

https://wchstv.com/news/local/victim...eston-shooting
    the lack of reporting on it speaks to the infrequency of it, not that the media is purposely suppressing all the successful "good guy with gun" events

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Well, the conjugal partner requirement is clearly a roadblock for the tacti-cool incels....
    but it is actually brilliant to keep those dangerous antisocial freaks from being armed.
    There is no requirement to be in a common law marriage or similar relationship to own a firearm in Canada. There is only the requirement to obtain signatures of those with whom you have been in such relationships in the last 2 years as one of several sanity checks on whether or not an applicant should be approved.

Just clearing this up before y'all start spreading rumours down there "hey did ya know you gotta actually be FUCKING someone in Canada to even own a gun? they're crazy up there!"

To JC's point about it being a failure of the dems (not that I agree in absolving anyone on the other side from not caring at all) to get reasonable gun control passed, this old article provides a nice framework:

https://www.gawker.com/the-gun-contr...tic-1734711064
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    This private citizen seems to have done a better job than the police in Texas in preventing mass shooting escalation. Strange that the media hasn't given it more coverage (bias/narrative?):

https://wchstv.com/news/local/victim...eston-shooting

I mean good for her she is a hero, but do you work in a newsroom and know why these stories are not on the front page of the NYT? Me neither, just speculating too. But if newsrooms just published the story to show how guns are good, isn't that biased reporting? No innocent people died, just a criminal. If that criminal killed a bunch of people THEN the lady shot him, it's then national news IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    There is no requirement to be in a common law marriage or similar relationship to own a firearm in Canada. There is only the requirement to obtain signatures of those with whom you have been in such relationships in the last 2 years as one of several sanity checks on whether or not an applicant should be approved.

Just clearing this up before y'all start spreading rumours down there "hey did ya know you gotta actually be FUCKING someone in Canada to even own a gun? they're crazy up there!"
    Yep, and it's likely because domestic violence is heavily correlated with using guns to injure others.

What the FUCK are we doing to our kids?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3318.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	417500

Think of how people got filled with rage over mask use in kids and the “damage” it was gone do to their development…

Wow, what a shitshow of a press conference going on now

As of this moment, k-12 students in the United States are more likely to be fatally shot than on-duty police officers.

2022 number of dead cops: 20
    2022 number of dead kids: 24

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What the FUCK are we doing to our kids?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3318.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	417500
    Price of freedumb, my man... price of freedumb.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

In Canadian: Sorry to say but our system fucking rocks. Yours is broken. Get over it. Sent my kids on the bus this morning to school quite comfortably, which I can guaranfuckingtee isn't happening in the USA right now.
    It can happen here. My old high school. Not long after I got out of there, remember hearing about it on the radio while working at a tree nursery just north west of Brampton. The shooter was the brother of one of my classmates. Too close for comfort.

https://lornajmccluskey.wordpress.co...bcss-shooting/

Does FOX ever criticize cops? Seems like firings coming.

That teacher who propped open that school door...hate to be that person.

Total collapse of procedures that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    As of this moment, k-12 students in the United States are more likely to be fatally shot than on-duty police officers.

Keeping them even safer than school children is how you know the training is working.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Wow, what a shitshow of a press conference going on now
    and you know the real shitshow is behind the scenes as they all try to find a lie to cover their own asses

Jfc sitting there as multiple 911 calls come from inside the school
    Last edited by dunfree ; 05-27-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'd need to consult with your last partner to OK that. What's his name and address?
    You're smart enough to know that's a fucked up thing to say, knock that shit off. Be a homophobe all you want in your trailer, but not here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

More likely? Not so.

There are 50 million students and 700K police officers, so a PO is 60x more likely to be shot.

Not that any of these deaths are OK
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Name:  FTx1EYvX0AgUn0w.png
Views: 319
Size:  95.5 KB

If we find out the classroom door was designed to keep a shooter out it speaks to the defensive problem of objects that protect children can also protect shooters.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 05-27-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    More likely? Not so.

There are 50 million students and 700K police officers, so a PO is 60x more likely to be shot.

Not that any of these deaths are OK
    Do we need to point out the huge variable for you? Going to school isn't supposed to be a dangerous activity.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Does FOX ever criticize cops? Seems like firings coming.

That teacher who propped open that school door...hate to be that person.

Total collapse of procedures that day.
    Apparently Tucker was actually pretty critical of them last night. Article commenting on him showed up in my newsfeed, but I can’t find it any more.

You know you’ve fucked up as a cop when you’ve lost guys like Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Do we need to point out the huge variable for you? Going to school isn't supposed to be a dangerous activity.
    What color is the sky?

Going to school should be vastly less risky than being a cop. And it is. I don't have in mind an appropriate ratio.

Both those numbers are ideally zero shot.

Police lied about the timeline. Multiple times. And about shooter having body armor. And about him being barricaded.

They lied about the armed resource officer's whereabouts.

They detained parents, while individual cops went in and got their own kids out. In doing so, one cop got another child killed via his incompetence.

Cops lying is a feature, not a bug, and they'll keep massaging the message until they arrive at one the media will accept.

Police lied about the timeline. Multiple times. And about shooter having body armor. And about him being barricaded.

They lied about the armed resource officer's whereabouts.

They detained parents, while individual cops went in and got their own kids out. In doing so, one cop got another child killed via his incompetence.

Cops lying is a feature, not a bug, and they'll keep massaging the message until they arrive at one the media will accept.
    Holy shit!

That's unbelievable... almost...

Infuriating

Yup. It's a game of cat and mouse to see what they can get away with and what is provable. Resources being spent managing the fuck-ups and the messaging about the fuck-ups is bigly.