Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RIP Jessi Combs

Yeah, I suppose I am.

Watch Ice's video. It's the reason that Bud rocket car is not recognized . Also, it has three wheels.

Here's another good video. The Brit made two runs in under an hour. He also mentioned the two runs in the video I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    According to this report, she was attempting to hit 619.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's when aerodynamics get super freaky, because you're breaking the sound barrier
    Benny, the sound barrier is 767mph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_speed_racing

"A record is defined as the speed over a course of fixed length, averaged over two runs (commonly called "passes").[2] Under current FIA rules, two runs are required in opposite directions within one hour, and a new record mark must exceed the previous one by at least one percent to be validated.[3] Records are set in either the flying kilometre or flying mile.[4]"

Well, if she had survived the first pass, maybe she would have tried a second? She was well aware of the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Things get really shaky in the 600s.

And the article just said that was her goal. I haven’t seen anything yet that said how fast she was going when the crash happened.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm not a rocket surgeon but I think there's some variability to that speed with tempeature, air pressure, humidity etc etc all figuring in

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm not a rocket surgeon but I think there's some variability to that speed with tempeature, air pressure, humidity etc etc all figuring in
    It's lower in Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You're correct. Obviously I can't calculate what the sound barrier would be at the time of the accident without knowing the actual atmospheric conditions; however, it was almost certainly still higher than 619mph. The sound barrier at the typical cruising altitude of jet aircraft, for example, is around 660mph (conditions dependent).

My point is Benny is making shit up.

If we are talking about the highest speed ever recorded, it may may have rules that require a re-run within an hour and I would have no idea about that, my friends had to just run their class record the next day which was nowhere near the fastest speed ever...is what I’m presuming.

Sorry Benny, you are right then, I’m wrong, but you are still a misogynist twat nevertheless for shitting on this woman.

Oh, for fucks sake. Kids these days.

Look, the reference to Shirley Muldowney backs me up. She didn't set a girl's record, no, she kicked the boy's asses, on their playing field with their rules. None of this, well, she hit from the lady's tees and scored ten over par, but, whoopee, she's the best girl!

No, but you little Nancys think everyone should get a ribbon.

First anything to do anything is all wack shit except for Jackie Robinson.

Well and Willy O'Ree gets some points too.

Look, the reference to Shirley Muldowney backs me up. She didn't set a girl's record, no, she kicked the boy's asses, on their playing field with their rules. None of this, well, she hit from the lady's tees and scored ten over par, but, whoopee, she's the best girl!

For fuck sake Benny, that’s exactly what she was trying to do when she died! The current record is 512 by the rules. She was attempting to go faster than that. She already had a one way run of 483. That’s not by the rules, but it shows she was in the ballpark, at least. Her stated goal was 619. But she died. Not sure what you are criticizing.

The gender neutral record is 760.

The gender neutral record is 760.
    No that’s not an official record. That was one pass in an illegal car with 3 wheels.

Dude, keep up. Watch the Thrust video and the second Breedlove video.

"Monday 15 October marked 21 years since Thrust SSC set the current land-speed record of 1,227.985 km/h (763.035 mph) in Nevada's Black Rock Desert. The land-speed record, aka the fastest car on Earth, remains one of the benchmarks of technological development."

The FIA recognizes this record. Two passes in an hour.

OK, OK I did google it, but must have misread something. 512 was the women’s record on 3 wheels.

Whatever happened to LeeC after his big crash. I feel like he was one of the guys on here who could speak to some of these crazy speed events

Anybody else like to see this jet car desert speed evolve in to something like this?

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Sound barrier depends on temperature, and actually quite a bit of variance from freezing to 100 degrees. Hotter it gets, the faster speed travels, higher the speed of sound becomes.

https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationReso...mpandspeed.htm
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Well, I guess this is proof that DIY hot rodding a fighter jet to ground travel needs a little more expertise than a bad ass chick tv star and her bad assness. First thing you need is a few aerospace guys to figure out the aerodynamics, at least, like when Thrust was developed.
    You generally seem pretty salty about your lot in life. Statements like the one above are a pretty good indicator on why the world has treated you like shit.

Jessi didn't get on TV just because. I'm not sure of her formal education but judging by any of her 4x4 builds, she's was a damn good engineer who was able to surround herself with other damn good engineers to be able to do these land speed record attempts. I work at a global behemoth and am surrounded by female engineers who exceed at some pretty amazing jobs in testing, design, managerial, and executive level. It would be funny for you to talk to them holding your mushy brained beliefs.

You can't do shit and never amounted to shit so you shit on people because your brain worms tell you that makes you feel better about yourself.

Eat hot shit, pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    STFU Benny

She has been working on this for a long time with a crew of qualified professionals. Shit happens, RIP.

rough seeing her parents in this vid

Way to cunt up a RIP thread...

From what I read all she was trying to do was be the fastest women, break 512. The car was said to have the capability of 600+

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    You generally seem pretty salty about your lot in life. Statements like the one above are a pretty good indicator on why the world has treated you like shit.

Jessi didn't get on TV just because. I'm not sure of her formal education but judging by any of her 4x4 builds, she's was a damn good engineer who was able to surround herself with other damn good engineers to be able to do these land speed record attempts. I work at a global behemoth and am surrounded by female engineers who exceed at some pretty amazing jobs in testing, design, managerial, and executive level. It would be funny for you to talk to them holding your mushy brained beliefs.

You can't do shit and never amounted to shit so you shit on people because your brain worms tell you that makes you feel better about yourself.

Eat hot shit, pussy.
    You must be from Utah.