Surprise, Kill, Vanish

Great read if you like spy history, specifically the paramilitary arm of the CIA, green berets, etc.

Very well researched accounts of everything from the assassination of Nazi generals to covert ops in Laos. Fascinating first hand accounts of everything from the execution of Che Guerra to heartbreaking missions involving tactical nukes in North Korea.

Bonus: Learn how we specifically trained Ho Chi Minh, Sadam Hussein, and more!

Highly recommend.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Thanks, I picked this up yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Sounds interesting

a great place to have a war is an interesting account of the cia in Laos and the billions poured into it
    https://www.cfr.org/book/great-place-have-war

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Great read if you like spy history, specifically the paramilitary arm of the CIA, green berets, etc.

Very well researched accounts of everything from the assassination of Nazi generals to covert ops in Laos. Fascinating first hand accounts of everything from the execution of Che Guerra to heartbreaking missions involving tactical nukes in North Korea.

Bonus: Learn how we specifically trained Ho Chi Minh, Sadam Hussein, and more!

Highly recommend.
    I used to read quite a bit, but not much lately and I just ordered this book. I really like spy stuff and this sounds like it will be a good read.

Agent Sonya: The Spy Next Door, Sisters and Spies: The True Story of WWII Special Agents Eileen and Jacqueline Nearne and Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know

I just read both of these. The incompetence of the british and to certain extent allied spy masters during WWII and the Cold War blew my mind. It's amazing we "won"
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca