Page 99 of 181 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Speaking of conditions, last two days at the resorts in my hood were full-on TBP (Tahoe Boiler Plate).
    I'd agree, sounds like whine to me.

Today at Sugarbowl we were shocked to find some,well, sugar!
    Sat at Squaw was was hella firm...and then some!
    We were happy to see that SB had a lot of gates open (strawberry, roller pass, east face of disney & lincoln)
    One of these led to an area that was mostly untracked and that skied beautifully! As long as you could stay out of others ruts.
    My last 2 runs were solo and I hiked up a bit...it was sublime!!
    There is still some smile-inducing skiing out there.

EDIT: Wow, is this ever a redundant post...in a good way...I was surprised to see it was snowing up there today. Muy Bueno, no?
    Last edited by TurxSki; 02-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.

since noone else wants to mention it, in addition to the tuesday-wed storm, they are now bumping up tomorrow's storm. star4ting at 8am some parts should get 6-12" above 7k. also, the radar showed a light snow band set up for a little over 2 hours out at kirkwood. doubt if it would have added up to more than an inch but who knows.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Vail, Southern Tahorado, February 26, 2012

Low tide and firm conditions, but fun, fun, fun!

51% smartass, 49% dumbass

SPAM alert:
    If you guys want to try Dynastar's new Cham line, I got 2 demo's at Mt. Rose this week:
    Tuesday, Feb 28th
    Friday, March 2nd with Bobo's.
    Swing by, looks like we got SNOW actually on the ground in Squaw as I write this.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Since PD brought it up...

The mild fluttering of dust bunnies that I awoke to at 7 am has now turned into a steady snowfall in T/D.
    Have heard of flurries/whiteout conditions on Hwy 28.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    we rocked KW with Throwin' Owen Wed - finally met the other half of Team Owen - watched 5 year old boys fling their meat - I think we haz some pics and vids of both of the boys in the park

ran into GiBo this morning at BV lapping the goods

took the nephew out to Blood's Ridge into town - he wanted to do it again, but the snow was getting a bit too soft and the shuttle timing weren't in our favor

he was a bit disconcerted at our choice of line off the ridge
    him "Is there an easier way in?"
    me "No. Make yer first turn count and you'll be fine."
    him "Got it."

the kid was fkn stoked - 1st time in CA - he's skied all 8 days of his visit
    Good to see you Mike.

What snow there was softened up nicely. Got an edge pretty fucked up though. Lot's of sharks out there. Guess the Bigstix are now rock skis.

ba claiming a foot at mt rose already this am. ++++++++++

Snow is in the air! Come check out the Tahoe Backcountry Festival aka Echo Lakes Splitfest at the Strawberry Lodge in Kyburz, CA this weekend. We're going to raffling off tons of product. All proceeds benefit Sierra Avalanche Center.

http://www.youtube.com/laketahoetele.../2/5Z85xVX4TFQ

213, you guys are going to need to revise that tweet calling for 2-4" today. I already see about that on the Sugar Bowl benches.

And I totally washed my car yesterday. You're welcome.

Been steady snowing in Carnelian bay since before 7am. Been really coming down since around 745. Easy 2 inches on my handrail. Best part about days like this: no rush to get to the mountain, just going to get better as the day goes on.

From Tahoe North today:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0319.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	917.9 KB 
ID:	111062
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

That radar is looking so nice right now. Not much swept through SC last night. I think our aspect helped shadow what came over. Don't think it was quite as cold as anticipated, but I hope to get out in the next few hours to see if any snow fell on the Santa Lucia.

Looking from reports from you folks on how hard that base feels underneath, and if it is even bonding. This stuff is certainly looking like blower on concrete.

What's going on at Kirkwood? From the webcam, it looks like they aren't loading chair six. Mechanical issues, again? It doesn't seem that windy.

Looks like Interlodge if you ask me...lol
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Hey everyone, I just woke up and wanted to tell you all it snowed!

Just FYI...

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBackcountry View Post
    Snow is in the air! Come check out the Tahoe Backcountry Festival aka Echo Lakes Splitfest at the Strawberry Lodge in Kyburz, CA this weekend. We're going to raffling off tons of product. All proceeds benefit Sierra Avalanche Center.

Video Fixed.

TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Esses View Post
    What's going on at Kirkwood? From the webcam, it looks like they aren't loading chair six. Mechanical issues, again? It doesn't seem that windy.
    Pretty windy down here on the coast. Steady 20 knot plus wind since yesterday afternoon. Gusts up higher. That is good wind for down here. Not sure how that is translating to the ridge tops.

But, even 4" of snow, with 30 knot ridge top winds = a bunch of wind loading of blower density on top of essentially a bed surface. Could be they working on avi mitigation. Could be some douchenozzle skied into a closed zone while they were working and they had to shut off access. Could be mechanical. Or the power company only had one working generator and residence get priority. Could be the off load ramp is so iced from cold, wind and skidders that they had to stop things to work on it.

But I can't even get the webcam, so no worries here. Hope something keeps it from running Wednesday.

6 was loading all day (after 10 anyway). took a run with the dog at danberg, then lapped 6 until i hit a rock, supermanned onto the ice sheet ripping off the helmet cam at the base and making my neck go in directions it's never been before. after finding the contour we raced down and raced back to tahoe to pick up jasmyn. got a ticket for doing 66 over luther pass. the chp said he was giving me a break cuz chain controls were still in effect on the wet roads. bad news is i'm about 90% sure i broke my hand in at least one place in the fall as well. we shall see shortly.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Rose was pretty darn good today: boot to occasionally thigh deep pow and quite a few face shots even if the Chutes weren't open. This week is the return of the Tahoe we all know, love, and crave.

Puking at my house nonstop since super early this morning and still coming down hard.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Rose was pretty darn good today: boot to occasionally thigh deep pow and quite a few face shots even if the Chutes weren't open. This week is the return of the Tahoe we all know, love, and crave.

Puking at my house nonstop since super early this morning and still coming down hard.
    NICE. were you hitting a concrete layer underneath?

Brrr it was cold this morning at the Heave. Snow coming down all day long, still going strong in SLT. Definitely riding through to the hard pack stuff underneath but not unbearable. And I try to think of the semi-submerged rocks and logs as hidden treasures/easter eggs. Fun day...looking forward to more all this week!

Those one to three inches we were supposed to get today certainly measured up.

Had fun for two hours at Squaw this afternoon. Just need to keep in mind that there's not much base under it all.

Product idea: Augmented reality goggle display that shows the location of rocks mapped out the previous day. I'd pay a dollar for that.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    bad news is i'm about 90% sure i broke my hand in at least one place in the fall as well. we shall see shortly.
    Shitterz. Hope that turns out to receive a better prognosis from the doc.
    Feel better, man.

we got 6-8" in 24 hours at DR

skied nicely today but you still gotta watch yer ass
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.