Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Hey guys, lookin' for some intel. Heading to cowtown in a few days and will be driving through rogers pass. Wondering if there's any quick hit ski touring where a guy could fire off a quick hot lap in a two hour time window at this time of year? Kinda guessing not but thought i'd check just in case. lamothe; much time does a guy need for that terrain in yer video? is it Balu?
    The trails punched so if you are in decent shape you can get a run in a couple hours time. In winter when I’m less fat it takes me about 1.5 hours to the top of Balu pass sometimes less

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    The trails punched so if you are in decent shape you can get a run in a couple hours time. In winter when I’m less fat it takes me about 1.5 hours to the top of Balu pass sometimes less
    Nice! Thanx for the beta. And yeah, i'm in slomo mode at this point so we'll see how it goes.
    Master of mediocrity.

Nice vid, getting stoked! ankle is close
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Nice! Thanx for the beta. And yeah, i'm in slomo mode at this point so we'll see how it goes.
    Right on ! Let’s us know how you go. Nuking in revelstoke and snow line creeping down to about 1100m right now

Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Damnnnn that looks tasty! Where was that vid taken?
    Rogers pass

Hey has anyone posted the annual is the gorge road plowed this winter question? Snow pillow at Celista kinda just north of the area showing about 200mm of snow water equivalent...at the max positive range of the historical record...lookin' good!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	254322
    Master of mediocrity.

Winter permit quiz is up and running https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GlacierNP2017-2018

Hey has anyone posted the annual is the gorge road plowed this winter question? Snow pillow at Celista kinda just north of the area showing about 200mm of snow water equivalent...at the max positive range of the historical record...lookin' good!

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	254322
    Thinking snowline has been hovering around 1400m. Should still be able to drive up this weekend unless it nukes. Ill call forestry office later today as well. K3 saying 3ft base at 1400m. Almost no snow prior to that elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Thinking snowline has been hovering around 1400m. Should still be able to drive up this weekend unless it nukes. Ill call forestry office later today as well. K3 saying 3ft base at 1400m. Almost no snow prior to that elevation.
    We'll be checking out the gorge this saturday, i can report back. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010133-1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	254707
    In the meantime here's a shot from last weekend at McRae, we found 120cm at 2100m

^^^ nice shot.

Update would be great. I called the manager for the area logging yesterday about the road, no reply yet.

Anyone else not liking the updated pillow tracker site? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

Used to be able to DL an excel file with recent snowfall, base depth and temp. Now I am having a hard time with it. I can only get them to show snow water equivalent. Doesn't really help when it doesn't show the temp swings.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Can anyone report on avy and snow conditions at Kootenay Pass? Worth it? Looks like only 46cm at the pass, but I was hoping it might be a bit better up high. Looks like a chance of some weather late next week.

Looking to come up next weekend from the states. Open to anywhere in the Southern Interior honestly, Kootenay Pass and Nelson area are just the closest. Central Oregon is dry af it's time to go searchin.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Anyone else not liking the updated pillow tracker site? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

Used to be able to DL an excel file with recent snowfall, base depth and temp. Now I am having a hard time with it. I can only get them to show snow water equivalent. Doesn't really help when it doesn't show the temp swings.

Looked into it for 20 seconds and didn't have the patience to find all the right things to click so i just google searched Celista snow pillow and found the right page to download the raw numbers document. Looks like the batt voltage numbers got skewed to the snow depth column for a bit of the it...snow depth looks like it's at 73cms.

http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...asp_1F06P.html

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 832
Size:  34.2 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Looked into it for 20 seconds and didn't have the patience to find all the right things to click so i just google searched Celista snow pillow and found the right page to download the raw numbers document. Looks like the batt voltage numbers got skewed to the snow depth column for a bit of the it...snow depth looks like it's at 73cms.

http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/data/asp/...asp_1F06P.html

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 832
Size:  34.2 KB
    Thats what i am talking about thanks

Made it to the gorge today. A bit sketchy ski-out towards the bottom, to be expected in early november. The road was getting plowed this week for sure but who knows for how much longer. We found 140 cm at treeline, the alpine was quite good for early season

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyfrancais View Post
    Made it to the gorge today. A bit sketchy ski-out towards the bottom, to be expected in early november. The road was getting plowed this week for sure but who knows for how much longer. We found 140 cm at treeline, the alpine was quite good for early season
    Thanks!

Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.

Well had a good morning and there was exactly 21 people about an hour on our tail. Maybe head to the gorge until the next reset.
    Good shit! Thanks for the stoke.

Toooo far to drive. But great stoke!

I was one of those people! It has been a few years, but I've never seen that many people going up Video.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    I was one of those people! It has been a few years, but I've never seen that many people going up Video.
    That’s the busiest I’ve seen it . Meanwhile Cheops had very few tracks . The asulkan parking had its fair share of cars too. People are hungry !

Nice stoke there.

North isn't skiing nearly as well as South on the pass at the moment.
    Drive slow, homie.

I'll be spending 3-5 weeks in the southern interior in my minivan in late Feb, early March. I'm interested in finding someone who would be open to letting me pay to leach power/park in the driveway/shower a few days a week. If anyone is open to the idea or has friends who might be let me know!

That’s the busiest I’ve seen it . Meanwhile Cheops had very few tracks . The asulkan parking had its fair share of cars too. People are hungry !

I'm tempted to drive from Whistler for a couple of days as we have nothing in the forecast that looks half decent

Safe to say, the Connaught drainage is pretty much tracked out after this weekend., especially everything on the south side. I even saw people ski off the summit of Cheops down the west face. We skied off the backside of Balu pass today, then down Nicky's Notch on the way out. The former hadn't been touched, but was a little spicy, and the latter didn't have too many tracks down it considering it was late Monday on a long weekend.

Name:	IMG_3779a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	255202

Very nice weekend up at the Asulkan. Not a breath of wind on top of Youngs on Sunday. A big crevasse has opened on the headwall - not a good sign for the future. Ski out not bad, but a bit of walking needed at the usual spots.
    Last edited by nickinbc; 11-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.