Page 489 of 929 FirstFirst ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,225 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    heres the link to the study...good study...

I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/
    So you concede that your point about looking at the data at the state level hiding the underlying pattern in the data and that your argument was incorrect?

#justchecking

Here's the page where I found that data btw.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the...es-is-growing/

heres the link to the study...good study...

I don't disagree at all the the majority of anti vaxxers lean right, but there are still plenty that dont.

The breaksdowns in that study should scare you...at least some of them

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...february-2021/
    I mean nothing has really changed in the last seven months...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Man, with RJ gone our other 3 morons have really stepped it up. Kudos guys! It's almost like the universe demands a contrarian/ignoramus/bad faith equilibrium.... I could swear I heard it expressed once as...deplorables.

I'll wade into this skidog shit too. Let me break it down.

If you are an incubator/accelerator of disinformation that is harming public health and safety -> yes, please fuck off and die. The world is better off with out you.

If you are a victim of bad information, otherwise capable but militantly ignorant despite all the hand holding and help being offered-> welp, thems the breaks. try not to die but no tears if you do.

If you are a victim of bad information but have no reasoning skills or reasonable avenues for improvement -> it's just sad. the country/system has failed you. I wish we were better
    There are at least three segments, maybe a fourth being people with legit medical concerns. The number of people in the first two camps is probably not huge but they're having an outsized effect on the third.

The problem is that (thanks to both misinformation and unclear/undetailed communication) the grey area between having legit concerns and just having an exaggerated fear of stuff they've seen reported is a line a lot of people can't discern.

How many Americans willingly play the lottery/pay the tax on people who are bad at math? It's a lot. And most of them just don't understand probabilities apart from 1 and 0. "Possible" has a very different meaning to these people.

Gee, I wonder if anyone is tracking this vaccine hesitancy by County and ZIP code and over time?

https://vaccine-hesitancy.healthdata.org/

Check it for yourself.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Here is in one place all of the arguments against the vax and vax passports. I just skimmed but some points are way out there like no 47 which if you actually read ref shows that their point is the wrong conclusion.

https://www.eastonspectator.com/2021...UlNo50TUp7n-Rc

So yes it exists up here to even with a high vac rate.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There are at least three segments, maybe a fourth being people with legit medical concerns. The number of people in the first two camps is probably not huge but they're having an outsized effect on the third.

The problem is that (thanks to both misinformation and unclear/undetailed communication) the grey area between having legit concerns and just having an exaggerated fear of stuff they've seen reported is a line a lot of people can't discern.

How many Americans willingly play the lottery/pay the tax on people who are bad at math? It's a lot. And most of them just don't understand probabilities apart from 1 and 0. "Possible" has a very different meaning to these people.
    Tax on people who are bad at statistics. Not necessarily bad at math.

I don't blame the people who are unwilling to get vaccinated - they're getting different information from all sides and I can see why people are mistrustful and skeptical and confused, particularly if they're already predisposed to distrust information from authorities. I do blame the people who are knowingly spreading misinformation and FUD about vaccines for financial or political gain. These are mostly (but not exclusively) on the right.

This is why I support vaccine mandates - in the end I don't really care whether people believe vaccines are effective or necessary, I care that they get them. If they're only getting them because they need them to keep their jobs or go to school or stay in the military or get on a plane or whatever that's OK. The vaccine will work just as well regardless of what they think.

An analogy - my local fire district requires that home owners clean up their lots in order to maintain defensible space. That's because the state of my lot affects the risk for my neighbors, and for the community at large. The fire district doesn't really care what my opinion is about wildfire origins, defensible space, property rights, or anything else.

Name:  4p9j7962ean71.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  41.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    An analogy - my local fire district requires that home owners clean up their lots in order to maintain defensible space. That's because the state of my lot affects the risk for my neighbors, and for the community at large. The fire district doesn't really care what my opinion is about wildfire origins, defensible space, property rights, or anything else.
    so you’d also require all the communities in the state to maintain defendable space even if there is a 1% risk for getting a wildfire in their area? Because that’s effectively what this mandate is doing. You’re requiring everyone to comply because of something that has a serious effect on less than 1% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    so you’d also require all the communities in the state to maintain defendable space even if there is a 1% risk for getting a wildfire in their area? Because that’s effectively what this mandate is doing. You’re requiring everyone to comply because of something that has a serious effect on less than 1% of the population.
    It's super impressive how obtuse you are. You do realize that 1% of 350M is 3.5M people, right? Even if we're talking 0.5% that's almost 2M people.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    It's super impressive how obtuse you are. You do realize that 1% of 350M is 3.5M people, right? Even if we're talking 0.5% that's almost 2M people.
    reading comprehension isn’t your thing… huh…. *less than 1%” was what I said… but I’m surprised you didn’t say 1/500 Americans have died to try and make it seem scarier than what it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

Just a few days ago he shrugged off any concerns when he thought the pandemic 'only' affected 5% of population. He's also said things like "hey bud… the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 killed 50,000,000 million worldwide…" so downplaying the virus along with spreading disinformation is his thing.

doesnt seem this has any left or right bias....this is one of the reasons people arent getting vaxxed..

The Mu variant was more likely to reduce the effectiveness of antibodies produced from vaccinations than other strains of the virus, the team's results showed. But some of the immunity acquired through inoculations work by different mechanisms from that of antibodies.

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14439244

^ Because of misinformation, it's one of the reasons people aren't getting vaxxed. Viruses are not bacteria. Unlike antibiotics, vaccines do not produce even more dangerous coronavirus variants. They do the opposite, in fact:

https://www.science.org/content/blog...worse-variants

The fact that "some of the immunity acquired through inoculations work by different mechanisms from that of antibodies" is in reference to the adaptive B & T cell response gained from vaccination.

Vaccines are best thought of as training for your immune system. Just as you wouldn't want to run a race or take a test without preparation, you don't want to face a deadly virus naive & unprepared.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 09-13-2021 at 12:54 PM.

reading comprehension isn’t your thing… huh…. *less than 1%” was what I said… but I’m surprised you didn’t say 1/500 Americans have died to try and make it seem scarier than what it really is.
    You're a cunt.

I think the numbers probably aren't that far off. I'll bet your chances of dying from Covid last year were roughly the same as any developed area (in the American West) had of encountering a significant wildfire. If I was a betting man I'd guess your chances of dying from Covid were actually higher than your chances of a wildfire in your area.

there is one more funny group, the i had to take the shot because of "blablabalb insert appropriate" person and still arguing against vaccines : ) and the divide in society and blabalbalbala
    actually hilarious people

vaxxed and still not getting it

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Here is in one place all of the arguments against the vax and vax passports. I just skimmed but some points are way out there like no 47 which if you actually read ref shows that their point is the wrong conclusion.

https://www.eastonspectator.com/2021...UlNo50TUp7n-Rc

So yes it exists up here to even with a high vac rate.
    I tried to scroll down that page and understand their points. Pretty much reads like:
    Name:  Image1631558462.583678.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  108.2 KB

Annnnnnd now the morons are ingesting Betadine to fight off Covid.......We are so fucked:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...926735360?s=20
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Its funny that their ref is proof that their statement is incorrect. ref note 47
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Annnnnnd now the morons are ingesting Betadine to fight off Covid.......We are so fucked:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...926735360?s=20
    Darwin was right.

From the label:

topical
    Warnings

For external use only
    If swallowed, get medical help
    I blame our education system.

doesnt seem this has any left or right bias....this is one of the reasons people arent getting vaxxed..

The Mu variant was more likely to reduce the effectiveness of antibodies produced from vaccinations than other strains of the virus, the team's results showed. But some of the immunity acquired through inoculations work by different mechanisms from that of antibodies.

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14439244
    Explain the reason please?

Hesitant because the vaccine has less reduction against Mu than natural infection does against Mu in the study you linked?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1.largea.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	385292

To assess the sensitivity of the Mu variant to antibodies induced by SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination, we generated pseudoviruses harboring the spike proteins of Mu or the other VOC/VOIs. Virus neutralization assays revealed that the Mu variant is 12.4-fold more resistant to sera of eight COVID-19 convalescents, who were infected during the early pandemic (April–September, 2020), than the parental virus (P=0.0078; Figure 1B). Also, the Mu variant was 7.6-fold more resistant to sera obtained from ten BNT162b2-vaccinated individuals compared to the parental virus (P=0.0020; Figure 1C). Notably, although the Beta VOC was thought to be the most resistant variant to date,3,4 Mu pseudoviruses were significantly more resistant to convalescent serum-mediated neutralization than Beta pseudoviruses (P=0.031; Figure 1B).
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Betadine to fight off Covid......
    They've gone from the pandemic is a hoax to doctors are intentionally killing people. The latest prevailing social media conspiracy theory is hospitals *not Covid* are killing patients for the insurance money. So they're frantically casting about for a cure, anything to prevent going to the hospital, except of course the one thing that works: vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Explain the reason please?

Hesitant because the vaccine has less reduction against Mu than natural infection does against Mu in the study you linked?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1.largea.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	385292
    my point was people will key in on specific things like...."hey i had the virus, see im better protected from MU", then we have the folks that are like rolling the dice, no vax, no prior covid....

The terms you can easily understand is what people key in on....they miss the rest of the sciency shit cause they heard what they wanted.

Id rather vax than roll some dice, but hey....

my point was people will key in on specific things like...."hey i had the virus, see im better protected from MU"
    Which is exactly the opposite of what the data show, it seems to me (assuming they mean in comparison to those who have been vaccinated).