Page 77 of 227 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Interesting 6'er. Didn't rain but a tiny bit over on the east shore, Rose Knob was money pow today!
    I can confirm plenty of pow to be found today on the east shore, you know where I was guermo

went over to KW today to see what the deal was... talked to coop for a bit and took a snow cat ride... and ate like 4 free cheeseburgers. They are supposedly spinning tomorrow. I hope the loss of the generator doesn't affect operations for the rest of the season. It sounds like that was a pretty critical, big generator though. Sucks for the resort for this to happen on this weekend, they lost a lot of $$ from vacationers.

Damn. Free cheese burgers? I should have gone over. Now I'm in line for free dinner.

Took a few laps behind Danberg, skiers right of the Spur. Last night it was smoooth thick powder. This morning it had a bit of a crust, bu was fun enough to go back for more. By afternoon it was heavy but without a crust.

Should be decent inbounds, but nothin like when the power shut off. Friday was not deep but skiing so well. Will be on an early lift. Need to get back home. Been a very goood eight days in and around the KW valley

generator burning. It happens. That is part of the K factor. Seems to happen on a five year cycle. Last time. Was half way down the Wall. Just sat down and watched the flames.

Looks like the last bit of precip that came through on the north side was rain, followed by a freeze o/night. Was at squaw...plenty of soft stuff on the upper mountain once skied off a bit but the previously mentioned rain crust was definitely there on the few bits of untracked off the top of granite. Anything below 7-7.5K is blagh. Roads were ... interesting...this morning. Couple of spin-offs into something hard on the squaw access road.

RIP Kirkwood?

Did the lifts end up running yesterday? Today?

Bear was tits on Tuesday and Wednesday....though dealing with all the people was a problem. I really like the lower mountain at Bear. A LOT of airs down there and pillow line. Though they'll be covered later season.

I may be turning into a park rat...but Ill be a nice one not all steezy and douchy, or full of ego.

anyone got some dynafits they can part with? I wana drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Skied at Squaw today--plenty of good stuff to be had, if not fresh pow. Watched two little girls ski down skier's right of funnel and then traverse hard left into the runout from the steep firm rocky skier's left line--cut off the two guys coming hard down that line, lucky not to get bad hurt. No adults with the girls, but I'm sure when something bad happens to them the parents will be all over Squaw.
    Parking lot full, "village" (I'm sorry--it's a bunch of condos in a parking lot) full of people, minimal to no lift lines. And Squaw was running everything--Oly, cornice--only Silvy off. I suppose I shouldn't feel sorry for them, but my kid patrols there and needs to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    ? I wana drink.
    you mean you haven't drank yet? Hmmm.

No lifts at KW today. But I skied a few new lines near the Spur today. They were tit like. Still plenty of features.

Sitting at the Lodge bar eating free dinner. Not the best food but it would have cost be $20 I'm sure.

Word is power is restored to the Lifts and commerce. Spreading through the valley. Did not have power in the West Meadow as of 5:45. I'll check it out after this beer.

dude, you got in at free dinner? I was thinking of staying there all day and eating as many free cheeseburgers as possible but I got really full after like 4 and wanted to actually ski. I love free food days.

Still no power in West Meadows.

Interesting to note. AT&T service is powered by the geni. Would have been nice to have a land line. Wife thought I skied off a big cliff into no where until she heard about a fire.

while it was raining in Truckee last night (Friday the 1st) it was surprisingly sweet @ Boreal for my night time lappage. Nothing but soft, silky and chunky wind buffed packed pow and half the mountain to myself (the bonus of night skiing is that 95% of the folks there stick to the beginner lift and the terrain park, leaving the skier's right side of the mountain empty).

and yeah, you can snicker at Boreal all you want, but $129 for a 7 night all season pass that's good from 3pm until 9pm is pretty solid, especially if your days are spent teaching knee biters how to pizza (my success rate was 80% today!). basically you get your turns where you can get get 'em boy-o.

prolly hitting Alpine on Monday and Sugarbowl on Tues as a wind-down from 9 straight days of teaching.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    while it was raining in Truckee last night (Friday the 1st) it was surprisingly sweet @ Boreal for my night time lappage. Nothing but soft, silky and chunky wind buffed packed pow and half the mountain to myself (the bonus of night skiing is that 95% of the folks there stick to the beginner lift and the terrain park, leaving the skier's right side of the mountain empty).

and yeah, you can snicker at Boreal all you want, but $129 for a 7 night all season pass that's good from 3pm until 9pm is pretty solid, especially if your days are spent teaching knee biters how to pizza (my success rate was 80% today!). basically you get your turns where you can get get 'em boy-o.

prolly hitting Alpine on Monday and Sugarbowl on Tues as a wind-down from 9 straight days of teaching.
    One of the advantages of teaching kids at Boreal (like I did for nine seasons) was that we could actually get runs in after work. That, and skiing free at Alpine (when it was owned by Powder Corp.) and Sugarbowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Today we got a very cool look at Squaw Valley from Kevin Quinn's "Points North Heli Plane." Fun Stuff!

It was cool to see Cinders and Turx at Alpine today. Albeit for about 20 seconds since I had a client with me who was paying big bucks for my undivided attention. Sorry I missed you sixer. The groomers on the top 2/3 of Alpine were pretty good today. Then I went to Homewood for the afternoon with another client. That was not so much fun, especially once the sun sank behind the hills and most of the mountain re-froze.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

got up close to 10k' and all the rocks were glazed so expectations were really low but once we hit our fall lines it was really quite good. i may need to preface that by saying it was really quite good w/ reverse/reverse 135 mm underfoot praxis and other fatass stix. just a wee lil zipper crust on n aspects and even better on east aspects that had the slight zipper sun softened. twas definately a new type of snow experience that i thoroughly enjoyed and will be back fo mo manana.

Tim, Ambrosia Chute looks steep from the air.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The Dad and I finished the day with a little bc condo run in the protected trees and found a couple turns of 'so close to pow' pow.
    Good to hook up with you for turns, mang. I'm guessing my feeble attempt at photoslutting was for naught; apologies for screwing up my shot of you doing the same.

Off to Boreal for the kid's race today. Wish BurgerBoy luck!
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Still no power in West Meadows.

Interesting to note. AT&T service is powered by the geni. Would have been nice to have a land line. Wife thought I skied off a big cliff into no where until she heard about a fire.
    I built/designed that site as a consultant on behalf of AT&T.

There is backup power independent of KW's power.

Jed

Funny, AT&T service was out when I rolled in at 1pm....just before the fire. Even did a hard reset to make sure.

Its also only EDGE. Just FYI.

Thats what I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by jed peters View Post
    I built/designed that site as a consultant on behalf of AT&T.

There is backup power independent of KW's power.

Jed
    So what do you think happened? there must be a single point of failure somewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Off to Boreal for the kid's race today. Wish BurgerBoy luck!
    Good luck from the StormDays.

I skied Alpine Yesterday for the first time ever and hollee shit whata rad mountain.

Although, I almost died on the first run.

We hiked up to the lines lookers right of the summit chair. Gerome dropped in and mached into the crust and beatered. I was standing on top looking for a line when a 20' wide section cornice broke off right beneath my boots. Some how I did a reverse wheelie ice skate move and didnt go with it. I came soooo close to going for a ride down a cheese grater cliff band and Gerome had to dodge 2' ice chunks. Needless to say it scared the living shit out of me.

Still a fun day, and I really cant wait to hit Alpine on a powder day.
    Hello darkness my old friend

^^^ You talking about the cornice above Wolverine Bowl (big bowl looker's right and down a bit from the Summit top station)? That thing can get decent size.

And Alpine is definitely one of my favorite mountains. Tons of great hiking when things get tracked out.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I skied Alpine Yesterday for the first time ever and hollee shit whata rad mountain.

Although, I almost died on the first run.

We hiked up to the lines lookers right of the summit chair. Gerome dropped in and mached into the crust and beatered. I was standing on top looking for a line when a 20' wide section cornice broke off right beneath my boots. Some how I did a reverse wheelie ice skate move and didnt go with it. I came soooo close to going for a ride down a cheese grater cliff band and Gerome had to dodge 2' ice chunks. Needless to say it scared the living shit out of me.

Still a fun day, and I really cant wait to hit Alpine on a powder day.
    Idiot's Delight is a good way to introduce yourself to Alpine... lol.

Glad you enjoyed it, definitely an awesome mountain.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Idiot's Delight
    Doh. I misread the "hiked up" in DH's post. Fun line.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    got up close to 10k' and all the rocks were glazed so expectations were really low but once we hit our fall lines it was really quite good. i may need to preface that by saying it was really quite good w/ reverse/reverse 135 mm underfoot praxis and other fatass stix. just a wee lil zipper crust on n aspects and even better on east aspects that had the slight zipper sun softened. twas definately a new type of snow experience that i thoroughly enjoyed and will be back fo mo manana.
    gimpy and buddy

non-mag what's his name

if i had known keith(?) was gonna hit the rock, i would have started shooting later

tahoetrash