Page 1473 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... LastLast
Results 36,801 to 36,825 of 46050
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Did you pick up an application?
    No, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Annoyance:

And then at the top of every page: due to covid we are experiencing high call volume. please be patient and only call if your flight is in the next 72 hours or whatever. COVID HAS BEEN HERE FOR 2 YEARS NOW. WHY HAVEN'T YOU HIRED MORE PEOPLE.
    Yeah this horks me every time too. If EVERY time I call over multiple years, you say “we’re experiencing higher than normal call volume” at what point does this new call volume become “normal”?

I have a sneaking suspicion they’re fucking liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion they’re fucking liars.
    What?!?! Unpossible

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    "Do you have the cycles for this?"

It's time. Do you have time for this. WTF is a cycle? How is it measured? Do I have like 50 cycles a day? How many of these mysterious cycles will this particular task consume?

My response is almost always "Yep. Just throw it on the pile, we'll get to it."
    So apparently ^ this has happened a bunch of times. What in the actual fuck? Who are these people? Certain age group? Do they look like Scientologists or something?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Shit that would annoy me would be a $20 breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Same guy that complains about a $5 ice cream buys a $20 breakfast, go figure.
    $16 breakfast $4 tip. Not surprising to me that two tele skiers would think that's expensive, but that's what breakfast costs if you want more than a bowl of granola and a cup of herbal tea.
    As far as the ice cream goes it's not a question of cost, but a question of value. I can go to the store down the street and get a pint of much better ice cream for the same $5.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Truth. Someone needs to invent a gadget that can tell if an avocado is going to be good before breaking the skin.
    Miguel Gonzalez wakes up just after 4 a.m. on most weekdays with one thing on his mind: avocados. In the past few years, Gonzalez, who lives in Long Island City, has become the private avocado dealer to dozens of New York City restaurants, from Michelin-starred spots (Daniel and Eleven Madison Park) to low-key brunch places (Sunday in Brooklyn). His avocados can end up in sixteen-dollar avocado-lettuce cups with toasted cumin at abcV, but his daily operations are decidedly no-frills; they start with him sitting on his sofa in the dark, his sons’ Nintendo games strewn about, planning the morning’s delivery routes in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...buy-an-avocado

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Really? That's pretty standard for a sit down prepared meal these days, especially in your neck of the woods.
    yeah, $20 breakfast sounds expensive to me, but breaking it down, a $12-13 plate (omelet or whatever) and a $3-4 cup of coffee, seems pretty standard at all but the greasiest of greasy spoons.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

$16 avocado lettuce cups? I can get a Papas Loco --which includes an avocado--and an excellent cup of pour over coffee for that.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    <snip> a Papas Loco
    Name:  smoking-chimp.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So apparently ^ this has happened a bunch of times. What in the actual fuck? Who are these people? Certain age group? Do they look like Scientologists or something?
    I am both glad and horrified that this is happening solely at my place of employment. Glad that you all don't have to experience this, yet horrified that I may be in some sort of weird work-cult or something.

Another one that's popular here is "reach-out." Did you reach out to the client? Let me reach out to our engineering department. I'll reach out to Bob and see if he can help. Well I reached out last week and haven't heard anything.

What is this!!! Did you CALL them? EMAIL? Go over and TALK to them? Every one of these things conveys a different importance of the message being delivered. I need to know what you did (or are about to do) specifically!

People who stick their poles between their legs before boarding a chairlift. Apparently so they can save themselves the gigantic amount of effort required to slide them under a leg once seated. Then if somebody wants the bar down they exhale like it's a HUUUGGE inconvenience because now they need to re-situate their stupid poles. Stick that pole up your ass gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    People who stick their poles between their legs before boarding a chairlift. Apparently so they can save themselves the gigantic amount of effort required to slide them under a leg once seated. Then if somebody wants the bar down they exhale like it's a HUUUGGE inconvenience because now they need to re-situate their stupid poles. Stick that pole up your ass gaper.
    the funny thing about that is it's not gapers that do it, it's generally (from my observation) expert/experienced skiers that do it. It doesn't really annoy me, but I do kinda laugh at it, it feels to me like people do it to show how efficient they are at being an expert.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Name:  smoking-chimp.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  42.4 KB
    Home fried potatoes jack cheese, black beans, jalapenos, avocados, salsa, flour tortilla, sour cream, and cilantro. And in perusing the menu to make sure I didn't leave anything out--new item, Dragon Potatoes which is the above plus carnitas.

Orphan, in Sacramento. Open for B and L every day but xmas.
    My only complaint--they don't squeeze their orange juice, even though they roast their own coffee (and don't sell espresso drinks).

As a geezer I do it simply to save time (wall at the end of the tunnel, and all) and avoid elbowing any one if I had to do it after sitting down. And I've never, ever had to re-situate my poles if the bar is lowered - you're doing it wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643402792.260100.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	403240

fkn dumb
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

....that I have been made aware that putting my poles between my legs before I get on the chair is a "thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the funny thing about that is it's not gapers that do it, it's generally (from my observation) expert/experienced skiers that do it. It doesn't really annoy me, but I do kinda laugh at it, it feels to me like people do it to show how efficient they are at being an expert.
    Don't be fooled. They're gapers trying to look cool and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    ....that I have been made aware that putting my poles between my legs before I get on the chair is a "thing".
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    As a geezer I do it simply to save time (wall at the end of the tunnel, and all) and avoid elbowing any one if I had to do it after sitting down. And I've never, ever had to re-situate my poles if the bar is lowered - you're doing it wrong.
    It's not the bar, it's the foot rests that seem to confound these ultra efficient pole sitters.

Don't be fooled. They're gapers trying to look cool and efficient.
    Snicker at me on the chair for tucking my poles in, and I'll sneak in a bash to the back of your head with that bar.
    If I'm quick, I can probably get two good whacks in!
    <It's sarcasm, in case your detector is broken.>

Maybe we should start a thread on this. I don’t like fucking with my poles once the lift has left the station because it’s not that hard to drop one, especially if you’re leaning over to lift up one buttcheek. I like to have all my shit secure as I’m sitting down.

Need to discuss the all important question of whether the poles should point left or right. And do you sit on the grips or the tips.

FUUUUCK my FB feed is just filled with Wordle. Who the fuck thinks anyone cares about their Wordle score? Fuuuuck Wordle!!’

Not sure WTF this new Wordle craze is but pretty sure I'd be good at it. I'm good at spelling, crosswords, sudoku and other such useless things.
    Things that are helpful in real life-not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Not sure WTF this new Wordle craze is but pretty sure I'd be good at it. I'm good at spelling, crosswords, sudoku and other such useless things.
    Well, if you can’t figure it the fuck out with a google search, maybe not.
    focus.