Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stoned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It hurts, skiing. It hurts riding. It hurts squatting. It sucks, actually. Did both sides in consecutive seasons. I still get after it, but it’s not the same.
    Best of luck.
    Thanks!

Stoned!!!

So three years later, I’ve had another stone! Two CT scans since Christmas said it was there, yesterday I had the procedure to laser it and bring it out. After they got in there the doctor said there was no stone, or it passed!!!! WTF!!

Now I have a stint, which fucking sucks! Pain pissing, and constant cramp. I get it removed next week with no anesthesia!!!! Are you fucking kidding me! They say only 20 seconds to pull it out. 20 seconds of pure horror!!!

Anyone else have one of these stints? Does it get easier after a couple days?

The biggest bummer is there is no stone for the lab to analyze its makeup, so I know what to do with my diet, other than more water.

My advice. If they allow 10 days between the last CT scan and the procedure. Tell them you want another the day before. Where the fuck did the stone go?

Fuck you doc!

Nothing like a doc vacant for answers after a procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, a new injustice I have not yet experienced, but can probably look forward to.
    Right? My dad told me they are brutal. I think he said they put him in a tub of water to break them up with sonic waves. The guy lived through some shit health for sure. I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I got my first kidney stone around 2005, and I have had around 8 since then. I usually get them every year or 3. I had 2 in 2020 though. In 2019 I had an umbilical hernia repaired and took no pain pills. Six days later another kidney stone and I took a pain pill or 2. My usual attack is to take a Tamsulosin pill as soon as I suspect a stone problem, it dilates the urethra and helps the stone pass.

About 10 years ago I had a pain that didn’t seem like a stone and my wife took me to the ER. I was in a ton of pain, so after the 1 hour wait (there was a returning broken thumb in line ahead of me), they give me all the morphine they were allowed to give. I went to sleep, wife went home to feed the dogs. Orderly wakes me up and needs a pee sample. Orderly disconnects IV and caps the connection on my hand. I go into bathroom (still very doped up), I go to pee, pee comes gushing out, my pants fall to the floor, IV cap comes off. I standing there with pants around my ankles, a cup full of pee, and blood squirting out of my IV, and no flat surface that I can set the cup of pee on. They check my pee, there is blood in it. They ask if I got blood in my pee, seriously, how the fuck would I know at this point? So I end up with a CT scan, and they told me I had a stone (Actually 3, but ER assholes didn’t tell me, my regular Dr saw it on report). ER visit cost over 3K, but with my insurance at the time I was just out $100 for visit. On a previous ER visit, they wouldn’t let my wife see me until she payed the bill.

So yes, kidney stone suck.

Stoned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I got my first kidney stone around 2005, and I have had around 8 since then. I usually get them every year or 3. I had 2 in 2020 though. In 2019 I had an umbilical hernia repaired and took no pain pills. Six days later another kidney stone and I took a pain pill or 2. My usual attack is to take a Tamsulosin pill as soon as I suspect a stone problem, it dilates the urethra and helps the stone pass.

About 10 years ago I had a pain that didn’t seem like a stone and my wife took me to the ER. I was in a ton of pain, so after the 1 hour wait (there was a returning broken thumb in line ahead of me), they give me all the morphine they were allowed to give. I went to sleep, wife went home to feed the dogs. Orderly wakes me up and needs a pee sample. Orderly disconnects IV and caps the connection on my hand. I go into bathroom (still very doped up), I go to pee, pee comes gushing out, my pants fall to the floor, IV cap comes off. I standing there with pants around my ankles, a cup full of pee, and blood squirting out of my IV, and no flat surface that I can set the cup of pee on. They check my pee, there is blood in it. They ask if I got blood in my pee, seriously, how the fuck would I know at this point? So I end up with a CT scan, and they told me I had a stone (Actually 3, but ER assholes didn’t tell me, my regular Dr saw it on report). ER visit cost over 3K, but with my insurance at the time I was just out $100 for visit. On a previous ER visit, they wouldn’t let my wife see me until she payed the bill.

So yes, kidney stone suck.
    Have you ever had one lab analyzed? So you could do diet adjustment, and is that even an effective solution, other than drinking lots of water for eternity?

WTF? Why do people love discussing thier kidney stones? Like women talking about pregnancy. eeewwwww
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Have you ever had one lab analyzed? So you could do diet adjustment, and is that even an effective solution, other than drinking lots of water for eternity?
    When I got my 2nd stone the Instacare (much better than ER) gave me a strainer to pee into. With that stone I could tell when it was coming out and I caught it in the strainer. It was the most common kind, calcium oxalate, and very round like a little soccer ball about 2.5mm in diameter. If you want a real eye opener, do a google image search for kidney stones. I will happily take a little round soccer ball over some of the other kinds.

The problem with diet is there are so many variables. Carbonated drinks are bad, so are veggies with oxcilac acid in them, like broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach (all of which I like). I have read many places that a daily glass of orange juice will keep stones away (hasn’t worked for me), and also to avoid grapefruit juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    WTF? Why do people love discussing thier kidney stones? Like women talking about pregnancy. eeewwwww
    It’s kind of like those assholes that feel like they have to respond to threads even though they have zero interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I've never worried about them a day in my life until now, thanks fellas!
    This. Thanks doodz.

If you guys figure out how to not get them shoot me a PM eh? Fuck, getting old sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    If you guys figure out how to not get them shoot me a PM eh? Fuck, getting old sucks.

I’m a dentist, so no expert, but I think there are several kinds of them...typically they are Calcium based, and staying hydrated and avoiding some known foods and not being fat seem highly effective at preventing those 100%.

My stepmom suffered em in her 30s before she figured out that humans need water.

Vibes to y’all.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I’m a dentist, so no expert, but I think there are several kinds of them...typically they are Calcium based, and staying hydrated and avoiding some known foods and not being fat seem highly effective at preventing those 100%.

My stepmom suffered em in her 30s before she figured out that humans need water.

Vibes to y’all.
    Water intake has definitely elevated 100x since being exposed to this trauma!

HOLLLLLY SHIT!

have you ever had a stent pulled out?

OMFG!!!!

Why was I awake for that!

I hope not to have to go through that with the two inside me.

Stoned!!!

A colleague just went through this. I’ve had a couple gall stone attacks so we looked at comparisons and it looks kidney stones are roughly the same or worse. Fuck that. Worst pain I’ve ever experienced by far, and pretty demoralizing to find out it was something so relatively minor.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

So! I read that high blood pressure makes a person twice as likely to experience issues with kidney stones. As long as I’ve had them, my blood pressure has been elevated, and was just brought under control with medication. I’m curious if anyone has experienced a change in stone frequency with control of blood pressure?

Well I take BP meds and have never had a kidney stone so you're obviously all set now.