Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stoned!!!

Stoned!!!

Yeah not that way! I wish.

I experienced my first debilitating kidney stone while driving to work on Friday. I almost crashed my car, but did managed to get to a Patient First clinic where I begged for pain meds. After almost 45 minutes of bouncing off the walls and saying fuck fuck fuck fuck they came with meds. Urinalysis showed traces of blood in my urine. They gave me some opiates and sent me home. I’ve had the ct scan but won’t know the results till tomorrow at the doctor. They stone hasn’t come out but the pain has subsided enough I don’t need the pain meds.

I have never experienced that before. I have broken bones, had stitches and surgeries, but never experienced pain like that. It was throw you to the floor, can’t remain still or quiet agonizing pain. I though something in me must have ruptured. Crazy pain.

Anyone else know this situation? I’m now in fear of reoccurrence. I’m guessing I will be lectured on diet change. I’ve been guzzling water.

Tell me about kidney stones!

I would but you posted in THEWRONGFORUMJONG!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Never had any issues, knock knock.

I have had a couple of patients who exhibited your symptoms. Looked fucking excruciating.

Gimp Central....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Stoned!!!

Yeah, I’ve passed three. Worse than rupturing my patella tendons and worse than rupturing my spleen. Pain is so fucking intense. First time, I pulled over to the side of the road and laid in the grass. Thought I was dying. Last time, I went to the ER and told them I was passing a stone. They got me morphine, stat. It’s no joke. Lay off the chocolate and never get dehydrated.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Had a few nurses, who had been through both, tell me that kidney stones were way more painful than giving birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I’ve had friends with them. Sounds similarly painful to my gall stones. The look of fear in their eyes describing them is similar to mine. One friend would do handstands to let gravity give him relief. I suppose results may vary. Hopefully they pass. The removal process doesn’t sound that appealing unless that’s your thing

They suck, would not recommend. But the dilaudid (sp?) was money.

Stoned!!!

My buddies father says, believe it or not, that Steel Reserve High Gravity lager helps. I thought it was a joke, but he was serious?!?!

It’s rated as a shit beer.

My friend turned me into some protein mix powder. I was drinking a large bottle of it for like six months. That, coupled with an afternoon pot of coffee at the ski shop gave me a stone. I drank a bunch of cranberry juice concentrate and I was clear in about five days. It really sucked.

Saying that I knew instantly when it passsed is an extreme understatement.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

When it comes plunking out of yer dick, that’s no big deal. It’s when it’s traveling through the urethra, ungodly pain.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Lithotripsy?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    When it comes plunking out of yer dick, that’s no big deal. It’s when it’s traveling through the urethra, ungodly pain.
    My experience as well. Actually, the traveling along kidney walls I believe was the real pain. Traveling along it's journey was just general discomfort, but I was on a steady diet of perc's.

Kidney stones are kind of famous as the worst pain ever. When I had a ruptured appendix, I was writhing around so much the ER folks thought it might be stones until the MRI results.

Not everyone agrees with me, but I think opiates are tits. Especially when the pain’s going to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Had a few nurses, who had been through both, tell me that kidney stones were way more painful than giving birth.
    Yeah we were on the 2nd last day of biking the Camino de Santiago and the gf passed a kidney stone

she said it was more painful than childbirth

I remember a spanish MD telling us the Camino was over for gf

but in spite of the pain and then a big fucking storm we finished it

I guess a pilgrimage shouldn't be too easy ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Spent a hot sweaty day at the skatepark BITD with the crew, grabbed a couple of cases of beer on way home, me and crew proceed to pound beers. My buddy Jeff has to piss excuses himself and doesnt return. Another dude goes to piss and says jeff is on the floor puking. Run in guy looks death rithing in pain. Pack him in the truck haul ass to ER yep its a stone. It got hung up and he had to be admitted. They hit him with soundswaves and broke it into sand. Jeff was ex green beret fought in panama and the first desert storm, purple heart and is a hard mofo. Said he wanted to die.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Had 1, worst experience of my life. Doctor told me to pound water to pass it. Drank 3-4 gallons a day for a week. Then it got stuck. Blacked out from the pain, they had to shoot it with lasers or something to break it up. Then it was like passing many smaller ones. More pain. Lots.

I lived on an island and they told me it was from salt in the drinking water, along with too much salt in my diet. I was 22, drank like a fish, and lived off pizza and breakfast sandwiches. I don’t think I even drank water back then.

Changed my diet and drink lots of water everyday. I balance the water intake out with beer. Been 18 years, but something I’ll Never ever forget

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yeah, I’ve passed three. Worse than rupturing my patella tendons and worse than rupturing my spleen. Pain is so fucking intense. First time, I pulled over to the side of the road and laid in the grass. Thought I was dying. Last time, I went to the ER and told them I was passing a stone. They got me morphine, stat. It’s no joke. Lay off the chocolate and never get dehydrated.

Going off topic here.

But, hows skiing after the tendon rupture?

Laying here about 10 days post surgery pondering my future. Paranoid about tearing the other side, how long until i pop the same side again, etc. etc.

I feel your pain. I have pasted big and small.
    The biggest was 1.2 cms that broke off a larger stone. The kidney is like a hand. When the stones are in the finger region you're fine but when they move all hell breaks loose. The key is to try to dissolve them before they move.

Find out if you are get enough citrate in your diet. The lack of such caused me to form uric acid stones. Change in my diet has helped to the point I only pass small stones nows. Fingers crossed

Chanca Piedra supplement and increasing citrates will help break them down.

Btw make sure there isn't more on the way because if driving or somewhere on a trail it can be dangerous.

Good luck.

I've never worried about them a day in my life until now, thanks fellas!

Back in '09 I almost died from internal bleeding and it hurt so much it was crazy, all the blood going into the muscles or something. The ambulance that came and took me to the hospital went about 5 mph the whole way there because I was in so much pain they were convinced it was a kidney stone and they were trying not to bounce me around. Slowest ambulance ride in history. Meanwhile I was literally dying in the back of the ambulance. It's comedy, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    Yeah not that way! I wish.

I experienced my first debilitating kidney stone while driving to work on Friday. I almost crashed my car, but did managed to get to a Patient First clinic where I begged for pain meds. After almost 45 minutes of bouncing off the walls and saying fuck fuck fuck fuck they came with meds. Urinalysis showed traces of blood in my urine. They gave me some opiates and sent me home. I’ve had the ct scan but won’t know the results till tomorrow at the doctor. They stone hasn’t come out but the pain has subsided enough I don’t need the pain meds.

I have never experienced that before. I have broken bones, had stitches and surgeries, but never experienced pain like that. It was throw you to the floor, can’t remain still or quiet agonizing pain. I though something in me must have ruptured. Crazy pain.

Anyone else know this situation? I’m now in fear of reoccurrence. I’m guessing I will be lectured on diet change. I’ve been guzzling water.

Tell me about kidney stones!
    Had one about a year ago. I woke up in extreme pain and tried to sleep it off. The pain kept getting worse so I woke my wife up and she took me to the emergency room. The opiates did not work, so they gave me something that did. With some meds and lots of water the pain subsided. A week later I saw the urologist and he said the stone had passed, I got lucky. Some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. Supposedly passing one is hell, I just got lucky and it passed without pain.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I prefer shrooms and lots of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Going off topic here.

But, hows skiing after the tendon rupture?

Laying here about 10 days post surgery pondering my future. Paranoid about tearing the other side, how long until i pop the same side again, etc. etc.
    It hurts, skiing. It hurts riding. It hurts squatting. It sucks, actually. Did both sides in consecutive seasons. I still get after it, but it’s not the same.
    Best of luck.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Possible technique issue

Go on now

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I've never worried about them a day in my life until now, thanks fellas!
    I was thinking the same thing, a new injustice I have not yet experienced, but can probably look forward to.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~