Page 890 of 929 FirstFirst ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 ... LastLast
Results 22,226 to 22,250 of 23206
    Update - Covid Day 5
    I feel pretty good, other than my nose running like Josh Hawley on Jan 6. Tested negative yesterday. Shooting for MTB ride tomorrow

Ms TBS just took last round of Paxlovid course. Feeling a lot better but still missed work. Back tomorrow if she tests neg this PM. Missing Bonnie Raitt concert tonight (her BD celebration) but she was smart enough to take out insurance on the purchase.

Sez Paxlovid provides an aftertaste that approximates licking an ashtray. Spicy cinnamon jelly bellies and peanut butter seem to be best for blunting that.

My doc and I agree that the most virulent disease vector on the planet is a 3YO in preschool.

Guess I was expecting better resistance with four jabs, but last one was six months ago and the BA variants have proliferated since then. Will be in line for next round of boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Update - Covid Day 5
    I feel pretty good, other than my nose running like Josh Hawley on Jan 6. Tested negative yesterday. Shooting for MTB ride tomorrow

Ms TBS just took last round of Paxlovid course. Feeling a lot better but still missed work. Back tomorrow if she tests neg this PM. Missing Bonnie Raitt concert tonight (her BD celebration) but she was smart enough to take out insurance on the purchase.

Sez Paxlovid provides an aftertaste that approximates licking an ashtray. Spicy cinnamon jelly bellies and peanut butter seem to be best for blunting that.

My doc and I agree that the most virulent disease vector on the planet is a 3YO in preschool.

Guess I was expecting better resistance with four jabs, but last one was six months ago and the BA variants have proliferated since then. Will be in line for next round of boosters.
    Thanks for the update, glad everyone is on the mend. High hopes here for the multivariant boosters as well.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

From the weird dept:

Just got a robo call saying "this is a reminder that you or someone in your household needs to get their second covid vaccination."

I've had 4 and all at the county health dept.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Have stayed away from reading anything covid related for quite a while now. Slowly gaining back my fitness. Still not doing specific intense interval training, but out riding my MTB quite a bit and pedaling hard.

The chest pain has been lingering but lessening. No more heart palpitations. Dry cough specifically the night of and next day after hard rides.

I got in with the cardiologist and the heart echo was good. Driving a couple hours away to bigger hospital for a heart CT scan this Friday. Trying to rule out any heart disease stuff since I have zero family history (adopted).

I've been taking cordyceps supplements for over a month and I swear it has helped. My HR is not going crazy high on the bike, but I still feel gassed much more easily than before. I rode three days in a row this weekend. I feel pretty good on the bike but afterwards will feel kinda weak/fuzzy/slow/dizzyish at times.

Who the fuck knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Have stayed away from reading anything covid related for quite a while now. Slowly gaining back my fitness. Still not doing specific intense interval training, but out riding my MTB quite a bit and pedaling hard.

The chest pain has been lingering but lessening. No more heart palpitations. Dry cough specifically the night of and next day after hard rides.

I got in with the cardiologist and the heart echo was good. Driving a couple hours away to bigger hospital for a heart CT scan this Friday. Trying to rule out any heart disease stuff since I have zero family history (adopted).

I've been taking cordyceps supplements for over a month and I swear it has helped. My HR is not going crazy high on the bike, but I still feel gassed much more easily than before. I rode three days in a row this weekend. I feel pretty good on the bike but afterwards will feel kinda weak/fuzzy/slow/dizzyish at times.

Who the fuck knows.
    Thanks for the update, I've been curious. My wife is about 3 months out and Saturday was her first ride without feeling crushed. Her issue has been more lung than heart but the next day piece is similar. Hoping there's a corner being turned.

thanks for the update, WrG -
    I have been watching... and wondering -

like you wrote, who knows -

it reads like your heart has improved , while
    you may still be experiencing some pulmonary effects...

for what it's worth, after Influenza became pneumonia became pleuritis, things have never been the same ( and I feel the loss of elasticity in my lungs ( kind of like breathing with a snorkel - there is always that residual volume that ,,, remains ) )

please - keep training and give it a year - and them give it three years
    ( Lemond won two Tours and a FatTire50 with a chest full of lead before EPO changed things )

I hope a year from now you feel Good about your Health !

ride on, WrG ! skiJ

Bill wants yall to get moar jabs.
    watch out for snakes

So results from the Echo specifically were "mildly enlarged right ventricle" which they find unconcerning since this is common in athletes.

Had the CT coronary angiogram on Friday. That was "fun". Getting hit with that dye and actually feeling it get pushed fast into your veins is um....weird. FWIW my resting heart rate has seemingly dropped back down to the 50s. With no caffeine or nicotine (i've been chewing nicorette gum the last month or so....was chewing sporadically before that.....damn work/money/injury stress and I picked that up again after years off) the morning of my test on Friday my resting heart rate was as low as 40!! The nurses didn't think that was weird at all...

Last few days the bad dry cough has acted up. Chest pains at night. Have woken myself up a few times seemingly cause I am not breathing....so maybe I have some kind of sleep apnea going on? GF says I never snore though so no idea what that's all about. Have also felt more like I was passing out rather than falling asleep the last couple nights. No idea what that was about. My chest feels a lot better if I lay on my side instead of on my back.

Honestly hoping they find something with the CT instead of being like, "All looks normal". Then it's back to the drawing board.

Edit to add: Well CT shows no heart disease which is awesome. Back in for some other testing I suppose.
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 08-29-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Have woken myself up a few times seemingly cause I am not breathing....so maybe I have some kind of sleep apnea going on? GF says I never snore though so no idea what that's all about. Have also felt more like I was passing out rather than falling asleep the last couple nights. No idea what that was about. My chest feels a lot better if I lay on my side instead of on my back.

Sleep paralysis? I've had that - not fun.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Have woken myself up a few times seemingly cause I am not breathing....so maybe I have some kind of sleep apnea going on? GF says I never snore though so no idea what that's all about.
    Unlikely, but possible: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352109

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That’s what I have, Central Apnea. Different than sleep apnea. CPAP was a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That’s what I have, Central Apnea. Different than obstructive sleep apnea.
    Fixed it. Whether central or obstructive, you can do a reasonably accurate home sleep study with a $50 Bluetooth pulse oximeter from Amazon.

Perhaps this sleep stuff has been going on for longer than I realized. Been waking up a lot every night for several months. Only seems like the last few days really though with the feeling like I am choking and then waking up. Did an MTB ride last night. Felt the tightness coming on around 9pm or so. Went to bed at 11. Easily woke up 4 or 5 times between 11 and 1am with the weird choking feeling. Scary as fuck. Finally fell asleep and only woke up a couple more times. Terrible hacking cough this AM and lung/chest pain.

Ugh, that's rough.

Updated boosters could be available as early as next week. Kind of surprising. I thought it was an October eta

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/31/u...-variants.html

I'm 100% getting mine because I haven't been sick with covid and I like my winning streak.

Does joe average care anymore? Seems like a good sign that people are starting not to give a f, but also a bad sign that people are becoming complacent.

I'm getting the booster.
    Had Delta which tried to kill me before shots were out.
    Have not had Omnicron yet.
    Only DOG knows why that is.
    A jab is easy compared to the shit I went through and still deal with today.

Perhaps this sleep stuff has been going on for longer than I realized. Been waking up a lot every night for several months. Only seems like the last few days really though with the feeling like I am choking and then waking up. Did an MTB ride last night. Felt the tightness coming on around 9pm or so. Went to bed at 11. Easily woke up 4 or 5 times between 11 and 1am with the weird choking feeling. Scary as fuck. Finally fell asleep and only woke up a couple more times. Terrible hacking cough this AM and lung/chest pain.
    Dude get a sleep study immediately. I’m new to this thread - but reading the last few pages you need to look into it. I’m not a doctor but I have apnea couldn’t tell you which kind but once I got a cpap my life changed. Game changer…
    Who knows that ventricle issue could be related - fight or flight all night not right.
    Ba dunsh

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Dude get a sleep study immediately. I’m new to this thread - but reading the last few pages you need to look into it. I’m not a doctor but I have apnea couldn’t tell you which kind but once I got a cpap my life changed. Game changer…
    Who knows that ventricle issue could be related - fight or flight all night not right.
    Ba dunsh
    Don’t mean to derail the thread but my doc mentioned I should get a sleep study done. What symptoms did you have before getting the study done?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Chronic snoring, always exhausted during day , anybody who sleeps near you worries that you stop breathing during night and when you do fall asleep they constantly wake you up because your snoring- so you’re even more exhausted! High or elevated blood pressure . No REM sleep no dreams, weight gain , sleepy during day , I could go on. Essentially you don’t ever get to real sleep, you only think you do. Your body is too busy trying to stay alive because you stop breathing intermittently all night.

It takes a while getting used to it for sure but everything has changed for better. I actually like yo sleep now! If there’s even a chance you think you have sleep apnea look into it.

On topic :
    Day 2 of paxlovid. Feels like a good old fashioned head cold right now hoping it’s a quick one..Certain this is second bout for me, very sure I had it in early Jan 20. But it wasn’t here yet…. Riiiiight.

FDA approved the new multivariant boosters from Moderna and Pfizer..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Don’t mean to derail the thread but my doc mentioned I should get a sleep study done. What symptoms did you have before getting the study done?
    Other commonalities that Aldo didn't mention are neck size over 17", deep chest, restless leg syndrome, and smoking.

Chronic snoring, always exhausted during day , anybody who sleeps near you worries that you stop breathing during night and when you do fall asleep they constantly wake you up because your snoring- so you’re even more exhausted! High or elevated blood pressure . No REM sleep no dreams, weight gain , sleepy during day , I could go on. Essentially you don’t ever get to real sleep, you only think you do.
    Minus the snoring this is what menopause hot flashes/night sweats do to you. Robs you of the ability to sleep through the night. Constantly waking up because suddenly it's 150 degrees. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Minus the snoring this is what menopause hot flashes/night sweats do to you. Robs you of the ability to sleep through the night. Constantly waking up because suddenly it's 150 degrees. Horrible.
    Total vibes there. Not a great situation.
    Strange though , aren’t you like 30?

covid.cdc.gov

the numbers from August -

~ 600,000 cases reported weekly ;

~ 2,800 deaths weekly -

wishing you all
    a good Labor day weekend...

' hope to get my variant booster (dose Five ) in two weeks.

skiJ

Total vibes there. Not a great situation.
    Strange though , aren’t you like 30?
    : )

points for Aldo --

skiJ