Page 755 of 929 FirstFirst ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 ... LastLast
Results 18,851 to 18,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I work at a school and have hundreds, maybe thousands of expired bionax tests that I’m supposed to throw out. Some expired over the summer, some had their “expirations” added on to till December. The State just sent us at least 600-800 on Nov that expired 12/11.
    And yet an hour north of Seattle, zip.

It's a good thing that I too am an introvert with a broken family.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Same here, but with phlemage in the morning, for 6 days now. I’ve done about 15 bionax tests, all neg. Wife and boys all have very mild symptoms and negative too. Supposed to fly to Seattle tomorrow…
    Got a PCR this morning because I'd really like to know. I also had two days of chills and one night of night sweats. None of it kept me from doing safe activities.

Mine feels nothing like a cold.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Book author. Very interesting podcast, and most of it makes perfect sense, but I would be curious if a deep dive in to the actually studies would support all his conclusions. I am not saying it wouldn't, but it seemed he reached many definitive conclusions that I suspect were more speculative.
    Yes my wife and I both read the book and often had the same suspicions you did about the strength of the evidence behind his confident conclusions.

Anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...K02K8YHJA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Anyone post this yet?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...K02K8YHJA&s=19

I just saw this….. Hilarious.

Sudden spike! Genius. Still funny the tenth time I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    For once in my life I'm so glad I'm an introvert with a broken family.
    I feel this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Got a PCR this morning because I'd really like to know. I also had two days of chills and one night of night sweats. None of it kept me from doing safe activities.

Mine feels nothing like a cold.
    I got an alert that I was in the same place as someone who was positive so have tests scheduled a bunch of days at noon in the mid valley. I feel fine, I do have the, was it because the heat was on or is it a cold phlemage in the am.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Got some gunk going around my house as well. Runny nose, chills, and cough. The kiddo got it worse than I did, but still pretty mild. We’ve both had negative rapid tests, but haven’t done PCR yet since we’re pretty much holed up. My family bailed on traveling here and friend stuff has all been canceled due to the huge rise in cases.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I got an alert that I was in the same place as someone who was positive so have tests scheduled a bunch of days at noon in the mid valley. I feel fine, I do have the, was it because the heat was on or is it a cold phlemage in the am.
    I'm amazed you actually got that alert. I thought for sure it had been deactivated by now. Good luck.

This isn't confusing at all.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has shortened the recommended times that people should isolate when they’ve tested positive for Covid-19 from 10 days to five days if they don’t have symptoms – and if they wear a mask around others for at least five more days.

The CDC also shortened the recommended time for people to quarantine if they are exposed to the virus to a similar five days if they are vaccinated, and often to no time if they are boosted

“Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others,” the CDC said in a statement on Monday.

“The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for 5 days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for 5 days to minimize the risk of infecting others.”
    Quarantine refers to the time people stay away from others if they are exposed to a disease but not yet testing positive or showing symptoms.

CDC changed those recommendations, too. “For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days,” it said.

“Alternatively, if a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, it is imperative that an exposed person wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure. For all those exposed, best practice would also include a test for SARS-CoV-2 at day 5 after exposure. If symptoms occur, individuals should immediately quarantine until a negative test confirms symptoms are not attributable to COVID-19.”

I know this is complicated, but the guidance has to be as simple as possible.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

2021 Covid Derby…

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/statu...533764098?s=21

EDIT: enjoy a good laff? click that linky, you won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 12-27-2021 at 06:06 PM.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has shortened the recommended times that people should isolate when they’ve tested positive for Covid-19 from 10 days to five days if they don’t have symptoms – and if they wear a mask around others for at least five more days.

The CDC also shortened the recommended time for people to quarantine if they are exposed to the virus to a similar five days if they are vaccinated, and often to no time if they are boosted

“Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation from 10 days for people with COVID-19 to 5 days, if asymptomatic, followed by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others,” the CDC said in a statement on Monday.

“The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for 5 days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for 5 days to minimize the risk of infecting others.”
    Quarantine refers to the time people stay away from others if they are exposed to a disease but not yet testing positive or showing symptoms.

CDC changed those recommendations, too. “For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days,” it said.

“Alternatively, if a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, it is imperative that an exposed person wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure. For all those exposed, best practice would also include a test for SARS-CoV-2 at day 5 after exposure. If symptoms occur, individuals should immediately quarantine until a negative test confirms symptoms are not attributable to COVID-19.”

Translation.. Always wear your fucking mask indoors around strangers, vaxxed or not, positive or not, always wear a good mask around strangers in public everywhere indoors.. Make sense?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You want simple--if you test positive or if you are exposed isolate for 10 days. The rest of us can follow the more complicated recommendations.

I believe the CDC's change is based on science--as they say--and on the disruption being caused by a lot of mild cases of omicron. Witness the airline shit show. As I understand it part of the reason was the depletion of hospital staff under the 10 day isolation rule. (Of course in the hospital everyone is wearing a mask anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You want simple--if you test positive or if you are exposed isolate for 10 days. The rest of us can follow the more complicated recommendations.

I believe the CDC's change is based on science--as they say--and on the disruption being caused by a lot of mild cases of omicron. Witness the airline shit show. As I understand it part of the reason was the depletion of hospital staff under the 10 day isolation rule. (Of course in the hospital everyone is wearing a mask anyway.)
    I get it. I'm just saying most people will not.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Extra cold weather and indoor heat dries the air out and makes many people have sinus/allergy issues.

Try a humidifier.
    Yeah I started running one in the bedroom a couple days ago because of similar symptoms to those described and feel much better.

You want simple--if you test positive or if you are exposed isolate for 10 days.
    edit: read, then post

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Read aloud to my wife. "That's not new."

It’s delightfully surprising that the cdc is keeping up…

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    edit: read, then post
    Not sure what you're getting at. What I'm getting at is that if the CDC wants a policy that's a compromise between maximum safety and minimum disruption it will necessarily be complicated. If the CDC wanted a clear, very simple policy that required minimal reading it would necessarily be more restrictive--everyone who tests positive isolate for 10 days. While the CDC should do its best to explain its policies as clearly as possible I don't feel the policies themselves should be modified to make them simpler.

Not sure what you're getting at. What I'm getting at is that if the CDC wants a policy that's a compromise between maximum safety and minimum disruption it will necessarily be complicated. If the CDC wanted a clear, very simple policy that required minimal reading it would necessarily be more restrictive--everyone who tests positive isolate for 10 days. While the CDC should do its best to explain its policies as clearly as possible I don't feel the policies themselves should be modified to make them simpler.
    I think what ice is getting at is he posted something then realized he misinterpreted the original comment so his post was not on point and then went back and edited his original comment away. To top it off he’s publicly chastising himself for his mental error. He may have that disease, what’s it called?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    He may have that disease, what’s it called?
    Smoke crack then post-itis.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I think what ice is getting at is he posted something then realized he misinterpreted the original comment so his post was not on point and then went back and edited his original comment away. To top it off he’s publicly chastising himself for his mental error. He may have that disease, what’s it called?
    Got it. Guess I'm too sensitive.

Some experts suggest Omicron variant may have come from rats

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/02/...n-animal-host/