Page 692 of 891 FirstFirst ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... LastLast
Results 17,276 to 17,300 of 22256
    I worked with Krebs the same summer I got my first mountain bike and he kindly clued me in to some epic rides in the area. He was also a beloved LMS costumer and I offered to trade shop beer for his 196 Bodacious numerous times. Ride in peace.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Any mags out Dillon way? Looking at a place there and would like some intel.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Not much going on in the town. Good hunting but the Griz can be a literal pain. Cute cowgirls at U of M Western.

There’s a mental institution nearby for when ya go crazy from living there.

Joking aside, some nice country out that way. I’d be bored living in Dillon though. Check out pburg

So sorry Spence, nice tribute to your friend. Cancer sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Any mags out Dillon way? Looking at a place there and would like some intel.

Eric Borge, owner of Maverick Mountain ski area near Dillon, is a mag, but doesn't post on here much. Maybe look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Eric Borge, owner of Maverick Mountain ski area near Dillon, is a mag, but doesn't post on here much. Maybe look him up.
    Word. Thanks for the info.

You ever skied there?

Word. Thanks for the info.

You ever skied there?

One weekend a few years ago. Only one chair but a decent amount of vert and a good fall line, great mom n pop vibe. Stayed at Elkhorn Hot Springs, which is...interesting.

One weekend a few years ago. Only one chair but a decent amount of vert and a good fall line, great mom n pop vibe. Stayed at Elkhorn Hot Springs, which is...interesting.
    I’ve heard tell of the hot springs.

I've got some good stories of elkhorn. Dillon is a ranching town with a college. If ya like barrel racers, calf ropers, and getting taken advantage of by big girls then it's great!

Maverick can be a really fun mountain if they actually get snow. Nobody skies the trees. Or get a sled and find some fun. Ok I've said too much. R.I.P. grasshopper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Prediction of his future?
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    If ya like getting taken advantage of by big girls then it's great! Ok I've said too much. R.I.P. grasshopper.

My 2nd year in Big Sky I met a young lady who played forward on the basketball team at UM West in Dillon. She was lovely and 6' 1" in stocking feet. She pointed out to me that we were the same height when laying down.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hey, they have a patagonia outlet store there so there's that. Probably not very good deals compared to 20 years ago.

One of my climbing partners back in the day did undergrad there. He was big into 4h stuff so he fit in. He was a nice mix of traditional ranch and also progressive thought, which I hope still populates that town.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Hey, they have a patagonia outlet store there so there's that. Probably not very good deals compared to 20 years ago.

One of my climbing partners back in the day did undergrad there. He was big into 4h stuff so he fit in. He was a nice mix of traditional ranch and also progressive thought, which I hope still populates that town.
    I miss getting the sale announcement from the Dillon store and then trying to put an order in ASAP before the stuff I wanted sold out. I think we figured out that faxing it in was the best bet, but it also meant that you didn't know what you bought until it showed up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I saw that they had an outlet there and can’t help but think that that is a strange fkn choice for an outlet location.

I've still got Patagonia base layers I bought 20 yrs ago there when mtlion would post up the deals on gear swap

I think Yvon chose that location because he liked the fishing.

I saw that they had an outlet there and can’t help but think that that is a strange fkn choice for an outlet location.
    I think Yvon chose that location because he liked the fishing.
    I believe (at the time and possibly still) that it was the furthest town from any Patagonia dealer or something to that effect.

What time did that billy show go to last night? We had to leave just as it was getting good to get home to the kid.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    What time did that billy show go to last night? We had to leave just as it was getting good to get home to the kid.
    Just before midnight, same as night 1. Bummer about no Royal last night. Hope all is well with his family. Last night was fun, but night 1 was the real fire.

Brad Coffey told me a story about running into him and his daughter on the top of Koch peak. he likes the area I guess, used to come out and climb and fish, good reason to visit the area for the store

If anyone has or knows of any rental property available 25+/-miles from dillon or better yet twin bridges, please let me know!

You might check in Wise River if any of the outfitters are offering a work-trade. A friend was there for two years and seemed to enjoy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    You might check in Wise River if any of the outfitters are offering a work-trade. A friend was there for two years and seemed to enjoy himself.
    I just took a job building for Winston so just need the housing part.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    If anyone has or knows of any rental property available 25+/-miles from dillon or better yet twin bridges, please let me know!
    Possibly try asking around in r/montana and it looks like there is a Twin Bridges Area specific facebook group as well.